At MK now.....half of Main Street stores are closed

It could be, what if it was more than that though? saying an unattended backpack after they dealt with it would ease my mind but disney isn't talking.. what if it was more, we should know something more serious just happened in those shops...

and I hope it wasn't some major cast member accident. there is some pretty hefty appliances in there that could really hurt someone working..

I've never seen them close up shops for a VIP. They would just have the plaids go get the items for them or just have the plaids surround them not shut an entire side of Main Street down.

Haha... Let me tell you if I was VIP enough to warrant it... I'd be shopping and I'd kick everyone out to do it!

Just had a thought, I have seen a wall of CM set up when they found an unattended backpack at HS last year. The CM surrounded the area where it was, leaving a wide circle around it. I assume till it was examined but as they wouldn't allow anyone to stop in the area we just headed on to our ride and I never bothered to figure out what happened. It was in the shade near a bench right by Echo Lake so I assume someone just forget it when they got up

I wonder if there were diapers and wipes in this particular backpack...

(Ps that comment is meant with humor, please take it that way, a wall of CMs guarding someone's lost diaper bag pops into my mind when I read this...)

Recently something similar happened at Busch Gardens. I was trying to figure out what was going on while sitting waiting on my family. I finally noticed they were blocking off a shrub that had a huge swarm of bees in it.

So, it could be Beyoncé.

Last edited:
It could be, what if it was more than that though? saying an unattended backpack after they dealt with it would ease my mind but disney isn't talking.. what if it was more, we should know something more serious just happened in those shops...

and I hope it wasn't some major cast member accident. there is some pretty hefty appliances in there that could really hurt someone working..
Do you mean you would like them to announce each time they found, and deemed benign, an unattended bag? I think that probably happens on a very regular basis at Disney. Considering the vast number of guests with bags who are distracted enough to leave one behind

I just don't see how it's our (the guests) business what happens when they close or block off an area.

When we are talking wall, do we literally mean a can't see the building shoulder to shoulder tony's to plaza wall?

They were about 2 ft apart, starting at the candy shop and all the way past Starbucks

It's really not anyone's business what happened, even an unattended backpack.

I feel something that would cause a wall of cast members to block everyone to be my business. you may not.. but with everything going on right now, for the safety of my family and I. I'd like to know what was so important that more than 1 castmember at each door was needed on main street...

Wouldn't make sense in this setting but I had to be apart of the human wall when a guy had a heart attack after the half marathon in EPCOT and he was being worked on. It was the worst having to politely ask people to keep walking while you knew you were making a wall so paramedics could do CPR on this guy. Though we didn't shut down the area just did a big circle around the medical emergency.

There was another that I remember that I wasn't apart of but the story got spread between CMs at EPCOT. I guess a hawk decided to make lunch out of a bunny on the promenade in front of Mexico/Norway. CMs had to surround it so no one saw thumper being eaten and you can't mess with the hawks as they are protected. Some friends who were apart of the circle said it was the grossest thing they have experienced and a few kids did see it before CMs surrounded it so they had to come up with some story that the bird and bunny were just playing.

I guess the way I see it, if they hadn't cared who knew what was going on they wouldn't have blocked things in the first place. So the fact that they did means to me, that they don't plan to let anyone know what is going on. And as long as it was dealt with, even if it was a threat, it's not my business. A threat that is dealt with in such a way that the guests don't know is a success. So doesn't that mean everyone is safe? What else is there to know?

I feel something that would cause a wall of cast members to block everyone to be my business. you may not.. but with everything going on right now, for the safety of my family and I. I'd like to know what was so important that more than 1 castmember at each door was needed on main street...
What would bother me about not knowing is that they are deciding for me whether it is safe or not.

I would rather have that say for my family.

Saw a human wall in a shop in Studios week before last. I felt like a crap head for speculating about who the VIP was when one of my family members said they saw a gurney and it was likely a medical emergency.

It's not really our business why they'd block off an area, and I would think if they told people what was happening (if it's even anything) it could create undue panic and such. There's really no reason anyone needs to know what is happening unless it's an imminent threat that would mean an evacuation. To me, if you see a wall of CMs blocking something, just keep moving about your day unless they advise you otherwise.

Wouldn't make sense in this setting but I had to be apart of the human wall when a guy had a heart attack after the half marathon in EPCOT and he was being worked on. It was the worst having to politely ask people to keep walking while you knew you were making a wall so paramedics could do CPR on this guy. Though we didn't shut down the area just did a big circle around the medical emergency.

There was another that I remember that I wasn't apart of but the story got spread between CMs at EPCOT. I guess a hawk decided to make lunch out of a bunny on the promenade in front of Mexico/Norway. CMs had to surround it so no one saw thumper being eaten and you can't mess with the hawks as they are protected. Some friends who were apart of the circle said it was the grossest thing they have experienced and a few kids did see it before CMs surrounded it so they had to come up with some story that the bird and bunny were just playing.

They should have just started singing "It's the circle of life...."

What would bother me about not knowing is that they are deciding for me whether it is safe or not.

I would rather have that say for my family.

I would think though, if it comes to blocking off stores that make lots and lots of money on a consistent basis during the day, if they block it off it must be for a very good reason and something they don't feel should be decided by people on an individual basis. To me, if I see this, there must be a reason and it's done with my safety in mind. I wouldn't stand there saying "It bothers me that they're trying to decide if that situation is safe for me to enter, it should be my choice." If they did do that, and then something happened to someone because the area was truly unsafe, it would be a mess of an issue. Just trust that these people are doing the right thing to keep you and your family safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter