• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At home when I should be at Disney

toonaspie

Just a poser
I guess this is somewhat an ongoing trip report.

We're supposed to be in the air and close to landing in MCO right now. Instead we're in Indianapolis because the road conditions were so horrid this morning the main highway to get to the airport was shut down and we were forced to cancel our flight. (Even though I think it wasn't delayed, we just couldn't get to the airport in time.)

We got another flight out for tomorrow morning (no other flights available for our airline today) but we won't get into MCO until noonish and there goes our FPs for Peter Pan's Flight and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and our reservations for Be Our Guest. Pretty much all the new experiences are off the table for us.

I just needed to vent, sorry.

We understand :(

It's okay to vent. Good luck tomorrow. Always worry about traveling in the winter.

Aaaaand...trip cancelled.

We had rescheduled the first flight out this morning. Plane fails to leave the gate due to a mechanical failure. A new plane is arranged but because we were a connecting flight, we were going to miss our connection in Atlanta and were told that there would be no more flights to Orlando (not even connecting ones) for our airline available today or tomorrow.

Oh my goodness.

Contact everyone first and foremost your credit card company and ask for help.

It'll be allright....

Sorry about the mess. Have you checked the connecting flight yourself? Maybe customer service is just busy trying to empty the que and tells you a quick its not happening. Several airlines have hourly, if not more frequent, flights to Orlando from Atlanta.

Oh my goodness.

Contact everyone first and foremost your credit card company and ask for help.

It'll be allright....

The trip was arranged by my friend's mom through her AAA agent. We're meeting with them tomorrow to deal with refunds and the like. I'm more worried about getting my money back for the MVMCP tickets I had bought for tonight on my credit card. Hopefully the agent can deal with that too.

Sorry about the mess. Have you checked the connecting flight yourself? Maybe customer service is just busy trying to empty the que and tells you a quick its not happening. Several airlines have hourly, if not more frequent, flights to Orlando from Atlanta.

Sadly nah. What happened was that they got a new plane for everyone on our original flight to board over an hour after we were supposed to leave. As they were boarding the new plane, Southwest called me to their desk and informed me and my friend that there would be no additional flights to Orlando today or tomorrow. I think they knew that because of the delay, that we would end up missing our connecting flight to Atlanta and they wanted to give us the heads up so that we weren't stranded in Atlanta without our luggage. A good thing they did. We were able to get our checked luggage back before the plane left and just headed home.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. I live in Indianapolis too and the roads were so awful that night. Such a bummer :(

I guess this is somewhat an ongoing trip report.

We're supposed to be in the air and close to landing in MCO right now. Instead we're in Indianapolis because the road conditions were so horrid this morning the main highway to get to the airport was shut down and we were forced to cancel our flight. (Even though I think it wasn't delayed, we just couldn't get to the airport in time.)

We got another flight out for tomorrow morning (no other flights available for our airline today) but we won't get into MCO until noonish and there goes our FPs for Peter Pan's Flight and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and our reservations for Be Our Guest. Pretty much all the new experiences are off the table for us.

I just needed to vent, sorry.
oh that is bad, hopefully you will get to Disney soon.

similar happened to me in May. Was flying from Tampa to Chicago to meet daughter for flight to Italy. Tampa flight delayed and delayed by mechanical problems until I finally missed the connection to Europe. Daughter had to fly alone (ok shes 24 and got a magical upgrade to FIRST CLASS) and I had to rebook and fly other flights from Tampa to Italy next day. I know I know, poor me. But it was a nitemare at the time :)

I'm going to guess that since so many flight delays happened in the Mid West because of the ice storm all the connecting flights were booked because ALT has a flight every hour to MCO on SWA. I will say that I do book non stop to prevent that issue but I know they were just getting you on the next flight out and that might of added the connection.

Sorry to hear about the trip being cancelled. Hopefully you can rebook and get to go on your trip.

Sorry to hear about your cancelled trip. I live in Indiana, southeast of Indianapolis and know how bad the roads were on Saturday. I'm sure if you contact Disney about the MVMCP ticket they might be able to refund you if you explain you couldn't even make it to Orlando, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I hope you get a chance to go back in 2017 and have the magic vacation you planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter