AT HOME Disney wedding

ohanaMAMA

DIS Veteran
HI!

My fiance and I are planning an at home disney wedding... meaning we couldnt swing a WDW honeymoon AND a wedding there too! But we still want to add some subtle disney touches to our wedding..

so far we are

- having our baker duplicate a Disney wedding Cake creation we saw on "disney unwrapped" on the Food network. She is making tiny marzipan mickey heads in silver to scatter over our cake and hide like hidden mickeys. and a mickey loves minnie cake topper

- I am buying the most simple wedding invitations and using a mickey hole punch to punch a mickey in the very tops of them

- our flower girl will sprinkle "pixie dust" as she walks ahead of me

- having a homemade fireworks display (its legal in the state of SC) with a music mantage of special Disney songs

Does anyone have any more SUBTLE ideas to add? I am a Disney freak (call it a disease) and DH2B is has just a mere fondness for mickey.::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

There are toasting glasses available that are Disney themed. We had Mickey and Minnie, and had our names engraved on them with our wedding date.

There is a fair amount of Disney Clip Art for making your own wedding programs, or you could use a castle theme...

Of course, you can order Bride and Groom ears for the rehersal or pre-wedding parties too!

How about a Disney caketopper? It could be Mickey and Minnie, Cinderella and Prince Charming, or whomever you prefer!

Since we can't afford a wedding at WDW we are doing the same thing. I bought a wedding dress off of ebay that looks like cinderella's dress. For our invitations, we are making them ourselves. At the top of the invitations we will be having cinderella and prince charming. Our cake topper is cindy and the prince. We will be dancing to "so this is love" from cinderella. Also, when I was at disney over the summer I picked out my favors. You know those cards that have a penny attached that is punched out, well I found ones that had cinderellas slipper puched out. The card had the castle and all the princesses on it with a beautiful saying about finding love in walt disney world. I love your idea for about the pixie dust!!! for my ring bearers pillow, I found a pillow at wdw that says "some day my prince will come". Good luck with the planning. Like I keep telling everybody:

"If I can't have my wedding at Disney, then I want Disney to be at my wedding" :earsgirl:

We, ALSO, could not swing the cost of a wedding at WDW. eventhough i tried to convince my fiance tons of times... we will be honeymooning there instead.

eventhough our wedding is a while off- we have started planning and are too planning a disney themed wedding.

we have a mickey and minnie caketopper, and cinderella and prince charming on our cake cutter and server engraved with our names and the date.

we are also planning on disney themed centerpieces, but haven't exactly got all of those straightened out. we were considering naming the tables after disney characters (instead of having numbers) then on the corresponding table we will have a picture of us with that character along with some other stuff (not sure what yet). we have been to WDW together twice, so we have tons of character pictures.
another idea would be to name the tables after disney couples:
minnie and mickey, daisy and donald, lady and the tramp, and the many princesses.

i am also thinking of having "some day my prince will come" playing as he enters during the ceremony. and we will have the DJ play "be our guest" when dinner is served.

those are a few of my many ideas...
Congratulations and HTH!

We also couldn't afford both a Disney wedding and honeymoon. Most of what we did to make our wedding Disney themed has already been suggested. We named all of our tables after Disney resorts. I printed a picture of each resort off the computer and had a picture and the name of the resort on each table. Our guests loved it!

Al I have to day is EBAY..........Put in Mickey Wedding.........I got my mickey head ring bearer pillow, my neices will be carrying fairy godmother wands(silver stick with ribbons and a satin star with a mickey icon, garter belts with mickey icon, place cards, camera cards for the tables, i even bought ballons with mickey heds that have a top har and brides veil whicj read happily ever after......

All this was purchased on ebay. I will be getting married in disnsy 3/8/04. When we return we will be having a party and use the ballons there.

If you want a cinderella wedding put that in as your search instead. I have not been unhappy with any of my purchases.....:earsgirl: :earsboy:

You can buy blank invitation kits at Michael's. (craft store) Every sunday in the weekend paper they have an ad with at least 40% off one item. I found a 50% off one item a few months ago and bought the stationary kit. It included 25 invitations (5.5X8), response cards, response envelopes, and invitation envelopes. I think it was originally $19.99 and I paid $10. They have some with different designs (ours have two interlocked silver hearts) and there is also just plain embossed pearly ones or silver/gold trimmed ones you can use.

There is lots of free clipart out there - we didn't use it, but you could print a castle on there or use your mickey punch at the top

Also, at Michael's - we found sealing wax! It was beautiful - we got the pearly white and you light the wick on the end to melt it and let it drip on the back of the envelope. We are doing more of a Cinderella theme than Mickey - so we thought it would add a very regal touch. They have a bunch of different metal seal/stamps that you push into the melted wax and they leave a design - fleur de lis, letters, etc. We opted for a script B - for our last name. Maybe you could search the internet for sealing wax Mickey head? :)

There have been some great suggestions so far!! The only one I have to add is that we purchased a crystal "glass" slipper off ebay, and our ring bearer carried our rings "down the aisle" in the slipper, which was resting on top of a pillow.

We did the Mickey and Minnie cake topper, with Mickey confetti sprinkled over the tables. (Use the "punched out" part of the invitations that you are punching the Mickey head out of for this.) And all of our music was Disney (i.e., I walked out to "When You Wish Upon a Star")

:)

can I add a few more ideas? ones that we used from our wedding

we too used the mickey and minnie cake topper

our ice sculpture was that of a castle (not the actual castle - but a castle none-the-less)

and (this was a big hig) when the waitstaff brought out the first course, our DJ played "be our guest". He does this all the time and we loved the idea! My mom thought it was my idea - but no, all my DJ's idea!

the dinner music (instead of jazz or soft songs) was all Disney songs - romantic and otherwise. Everything from "when you wish upong a star' to "i just can't wait to be king" played in the back ground!

also - i've seen hair pins that are 3 pearls/or rhinestones together - hidden mickeys in your hair!

best of luck! i'm sure your wedding will be BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hi! My wedding bouquet had little pearl Mickey heads in each stephanotis flower - you can see a photo of my bouquet at www.yourfairytale.com - it's the red roses with white stephanotis.
For our placecard holders, we bought little plastic "glass slippers" from eBay, then cut a slit into the plastic slipper. We slid the printed name cards into these slits, and so had Cinderella slipper placecard holders. I have also heard of someone doing this same thing, but putting little candy pumpkins into the slippers, too, for a very inexpensive favor/placecard holder all in one.
My veil had hidden Mickey pearls on it, too - one bigger pearl clumped with 2 smaller ones.
My husband wore silver Mickey head cufflinks.
Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter