ASSp vs Pop

Koh1977

DIS Veteran
Help me decide...

Pros and cons of each? Which would you stay in and why?

Pop is about $100 more for the trip (7 nights). It will be me, DH, DS(7), and DD(3). Never stayed in anything but deluxe or offsite, but trying to cut costs this time if possible...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

For the cost difference and the age of your children it would be ASSP.

We have stayed at both and ASSP is more "kid freindly"

Stayed at POP last week and I have to say that I really didn't enjoy it as much as Sports. I just felt that POP was too big and had too many people . The food court was insanely crazy- all the time! On the other hand - I stayed at sports last year in the surfs up section and loved it ! ( and it was during the national cheerleading competition ) it never felt overcrowded or packed .

I love Pop! I love that they don't share buses and it's a beautiful scenic walk to AofA to eat at their Foodcourt.

But if saving $100 is important, then I think ASSP would be excellent too. Plus they have a recently refurbished Foodcourt. :goodvibes

Have stayed at both and POP is by far our favorite. Feels more disney to us, the icons just look more like what we wanted to see. Nothing wrong with ASSP but it does seem to take longer to get to MK and EPCOT form there than it does from POP. POP is busier sometimes but it is more fun too. You can't really go wrong with either so go with what works and enjoy!!! Good luck .

I would save the money and stay at Sports. All in all the values seem the same to me. I do not think that Sports is a bad choice. The AllStar buses are no worse than POPs.

Is ASMo worse in terms of buses? I've heard people say they just got back and had to share, and I've heard some say they only shared in the afternoons...

I have stayed at Pop four times and just returned from assp on Feb 22. I preferred the look of Sports. I was in the Surf's Up section and it felt more "lush" than Pop. I liked all the vegetation and felt is was nicer looking than Pop. It felt tropical ;). However, I preferred Pop's food court. There were a lot more choices at Pop especially dessert wise. As far as buses go I didn't find a big difference. Yes, a few times during the off times of day we did stop at Music and Movies on the way to a park, but it didn't add a considerable amount of time to the ride.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Sports in the future, even with my two non sports loving daughters.

Is ASMo worse in terms of buses? I've heard people say they just got back and had to share, and I've heard some say they only shared in the afternoons...

They only share during the day. At opening and closing they have their own. Yes POP has their own buses but many more people waiting for them.

I would not use the buses as a deciding factor in where to stay. Disney is watching the buses. If one seems busy they will send more if possible.

We've stayed at Pop twice and we like it, well I prefer Movies. I have no desire to stay at Sports. I just like the theming at Pop...the food court can get crazy but I'm assuming every food court does. We usually took advantage of eating outside...there's plenty of tables, and not too many people utilize them. Pop has their own buses but honestly with the other values sharing buses...it's really not that bad. And yes, they do share them at night as well, I remember stopping at another value every night before getting back to Movies. But it's seriously a few minutes and then you're off again. I would watch a few walk through videos, and decide. Good luck!

Even if Sports does share buses with Mu/Mo, it doesnt matter cause Sports is always the first pickup and the first drop off! So youre all set.

I love both resorts, sports & pop are both wonderful in their own ways. But I do prefer pop thou. Its our fave value resort. Its bigger, has a better pool (entertainment staff are some of the best ive seen compared to other resorts, even moderates), pop has more than one pool, I love the overall theme, pop has its own buses etc. If you get a room facing the lake, its so serene and gorgeous.

Pop was my worst resort experience ever at WDW, so I'd suggest any other value over it. The food court was awful, quality and service wise, and I was treated poorly by CMs on more than one occasion. YMMV but I won't be going back.

The All Stars bus sharing is the most heavily discussed non-issue of all time. I've stayed at Sports and Music and the buses were no better or worse than Pop, on average. The sharing was occasional and occurred mostly when the buses weren't full to begin with.

My next trip is going to be at ASMo. Can't wait. :)

I just returned from Sports, it was okay not the perfect stay (I prefer Music at the Value level) but it was better than my AoA stay.

Pop would be the last place I'd stay. I think the icons at POP and AoA are creepy. :rotfl: The all star ones are better but I'm not overly fond of them either.

I like the landscaping better at the AS it totally makes up for the huge icons.

Buses were easier (POP is huge and with only one bus stop it's harder to get on and get a seat) at either of the AS I've stayed at. Granted I was using the POP/AoA transportation on a Sat/Sun but I've done the AS on a Fri/Sat as well.

AS are cheaper.

The new Sports food court was great. I liked it better than AoA.

As an aside. You can use any pool at any AS but POP is not allowed to use AoA pools. (they check when it's busy and sometimes when it's slow as well).

I don't know about Sports, but if it's the first stop, the buses might not be an issue. We stayed at Movies two years ago, and it was ALWAYS the last stop. That sucked! Pop was MUCH better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter