• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Artist Sketch

pudinhd

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had an Artist Sketch drawn for them at Disneyland? I have a couple character sketches I want to order, but thought I would see if anyone here has any experience with the drawings. Just wondering how they turned out, if there is a preferred location or artist to order from, etc. Thanks!!!

I have a small collection of character sketches from DLR. My favorite place to go is Off the Page, and my favorite artist there is Cassie. She's the sweetest girl! There are also artists at Disneyana/Disney Gallery and my favorite artist there is David, although I think he primarily does the animation cels now. The sketches are about 35 for 1 character, 65 for 2 plus tax. There's a binder full of characters, so you can't just request a character in a really specific pose (ex: Donald duck wearing his halloween costume eating a churro). Your sketch will turn out just about exactly like the ones in the binder. You have a choice of 2 colors for one character and 3 colors for 2 characters, or you can also leave the color choices up to the artist. Finally, you can add some personalization on there. DBF and I are pretty simple and we just like to add the name of the character and what movie they're from.

Another option to consider is the attraction sketches. These are located only in Disneyana/Disney Gallery. DBF is a huge fan of Indiana Jones so we had to get the sketch of the Indiana Jones Adventure car. These range from I think $40 to 80 plus tax depending on how complex the drawing is. If you have a favorite attraction, try browsing that binder to see if it's in there!

Hope this helps!

Very helpful!!! I didn't know you could add any wording to personalize it! Thanks so much!!

Very helpful!!! I didn't know you could add any wording to personalize it! Thanks so much!!

Just want to put out an FYI, personalization policies changed recently. They'll be able to do names and the date, but no phrases of any kind.

They did just put out a new sketch of Mater as a vampire. I love it!!

Just want to put out an FYI, personalization policies changed recently. They'll be able to do names and the date, but no phrases of any kind.

They did just put out a new sketch of Mater as a vampire. I love it!!

Bummer!! :rolleyes1 I was starting to get creative... Disney-safe, of course!! Thanks for the info! Better to know now so I'm not surprised.

There's a binder full of characters, so you can't just request a character in a really specific pose (ex: Donald duck wearing his halloween costume eating a churro). Your sketch will turn out just about exactly like the ones in the binder.

I know there are binders in the different locations... But do you happen to know if the choices vary in the different binders? We have looked at the (Disney Gallery??) over by the Main Street Train Station, but I haven't looked anywhere else in a while. Thanks!

At the end of August, my extended family went to Disneyland as a gift from my mom. We ordered a sketch of Sorcerer Mickey, drawn by David at the Disney Gallery, as a way for all of the 8 grandchildren to thank her. He personalized it with "Thank you, Nannie!" and lots of little stars and fireworks beside Mickey. We bought a nice frame there, too. She loved it!

I also saw him drawing a sketch of Casey Junior for someone else, with the child's name printed above it ("Johnny's Train").

I know there are binders in the different locations... But do you happen to know if the choices vary in the different binders? We have looked at the (Disney Gallery??) over by the Main Street Train Station, but I haven't looked anywhere else in a while. Thanks!

The character sketches available are exactly the same at Disneyana in Disneyland(now located where the Disney Gallery was next to the Opera House) and Off the Page at DCA. The only difference is that Disneyana offers something called Park Icons, so sketches of some attraction facades, attraction vehicles, etc. that are not offered at Off the Page.

The character sketches available are exactly the same at Disneyana in Disneyland(now located where the Disney Gallery was next to the Opera House) and Off the Page at DCA. The only difference is that Disneyana offers something called Park Icons, so sketches of some attraction facades, attraction vehicles, etc. that are not offered at Off the Page.

Has Disneyana moved permanently? What's in it's place now?

I have one of Jessica Rabbit that I got from Off the Page in DCA, it's fantastic. One of my favourite purchases made in all of our trips.

I had Minnie Mouse drawn at Off the Page last year and love it, plan on getting two new ones done on my next trip :thumbsup2 Just have to narrow down my list to only two now :lmao:

We finally got our drawings on Saturday!!! :cool1: I think they are fabulous, but we watched the artist draw them and there were times I was really nervous... I wanted to share a photo of them with the artist.

Also, I was looking at the artist sketch website and noticed that some of the samples say available at "X". Are there really drawings that are only available at certain locations? :confused3
http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/parksauthentic/artist-sketch/

Most of my daughter's sketches were drawn by an artist named Carrie at Off the Page. She's got a theme going - they are all strong female leads (Mulan, Merida, Pocahontas, etc.) She's planning to line her hallway with them when she graduates college and moves out on her own.

I've been collecting the character sketches for a while myself, and I'm up to 6 of them now. I typically get them from Off the Page, but I know you can get them from the Disney Gallery as well. WonderGround Gallery in DCA does them as well, and has a few different ones that you can't get in the parks.

Here's one of my recent ones:
IMAG1092.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter