Art of Animation question

teach39

Earning My Ears
For those of you who have stayed here in a family suite, do you think it is big enough to accommodate 5 adults and one child. Would like to stay here verses 2 rooms but want to be comfortable for everyone.
Thanks for any input

Such a personal preference.

My family of 5 adults would be just fine. I like the Cars section, less cartoon design in suites with more muted colors in room. Baths are great.

6 total people. Here's everything I can think of:
In two separate LM rooms it could be 3 and 3 which guarantees one person gets a bed to themselves in each room (assuming two doubles). They could even alternate nights to each get a break. And there is a bathroom in each room for said 3 people.
In one suite it would be 2 in the queen, 2 on either the couch pullout and 2 on the wall bed. So no one gets a bed themselves, though the two people in the queen have a few more inches than they would in the double. The bathrooms could be divided up any number of ways but if the door to the queen room is closed those people would have to let someone in to use their bathroom which is a glass shower vs a shower curtain (privacy?).
With a suite, it's overall bigger than two rooms combined because of the kitchenette area and entrance, though with the beds fully extended you lose seating and floor space. If the kitchenette allows you to make a meal for 6 people every day such as bfast, well there is your extra $$.
But in the suite there is no way to escape the noise of 6 people. If one person snores in the wall bed or couch bed, 3 other people hear them or potentially 5 others if the queen room has to keep the door open for the bathroom access versus only 2 other people being bothered in a LM room. That would be a reason to separate.

I would recommend 2 rooms at a mod over the AoA suite. You would then get 4 queen beds as opposed to 1 queen, a pull-out and a murphy. You don't mention why you want to stay at AoA. The theming is very cute, but I found it to be incredibly noisy and uncomfortable. The bedding was the worst I've ever slept on at WDW and we've stayed at almost every resort.

Just got back 2 weeks ago from an AoA suite with 4 adults. NO.

The resort was very loud, the pool was big, but the crowds made it hard to get personal space. The food court and gift shop were excellent, but I will never stay there again.

I loved AoA for us, but we were two adults and two kids. I think 6 people would be uncomfortable.

We went with 4 adults anda 2 year old. Granted 2 of the adults were my in laws..... Next time we are staying at seperate rooms. Great suites, loved the theming. I just needed my own personal space and it stunk sleeping in sperate bed from hubby.

We stayed at Art of Animation for our last few nights of our spring break trip earlier this year with 3 adults, a teenager, and a kid. Two of the adults shared the queen size bed in the bedroom, 3rd adult on the sofa bed, and the teen/kid on the murphy bed. No one in our group liked the resort. The teen/kid sleeping on the murphy bed complained that the noise from the hallway woke them up at night. The resort was very crowded and it felt like we never had a moment alone. We really disliked the food court. First, they were almost always out of the food we wanted. Then once we found something we had to wait in a long line to pay, so long our food was cold. Then, we could never find a clean table to sit at. We had to first pack up another family's dinner remains and bus the table ourselves. We also disliked the lines for the buses. Our first morning we waited for five buses to pull up and load for the MK before we were able to get on. Last, our girls really missed not having a slide and hottub at the pool. Our Art of Animation stay helped us realize that we aren't cut out to stay in the value resorts.

I just got back about 2 weeks ago and we had my two kids (6 and 4), mother in law, myself and hubby. We stayed in a Finding Nemo suite. We were on the first floor but facing away from the pool so it worked out well.

It was great for my husband and I to have our own room with bathroom. It worked out well.

My kids loved the room and the hotel. My mother in law not so much. She would head back to the hotel and we would stay out late and would end up waking her up when we returned to the room. My kids slept on the pull out couch. Mother in law on the murphy bed. We asked her if she was comfortable and she said yes but knew she wasn't completely comfortable. If we added another adult to the mix, it would have been chaos.

I will say I would stay there again for sure - with just my kids and hubby. If we added another adult, we would have to stay elsewhere.

The input on this has been very helpful. Was considering AoA with my DW, DS, and in laws in 18. Now not so much. Think we will have to go to my original choice POR or POFQ and request adjoining rooms or next to each other

Thanks

Do you know how far is Ohana's resturant? I have a breakfast the day of our check our, want to considering the time to have to go out . TY

Do you know how far is Ohana's resturant? I have a breakfast the day of our check our, want to considering the time to have to go out . TY

How are you getting there? Drive time is about 15 minutes but Disney transportation will be longer and more tricky.

How are you getting there? Drive time is about 15 minutes but Disney transportation will be longer and more tricky.

We will be at AOA so I was considering the bus of the resort, but if is to much difficult, we will considering another way.

Depending on the relationships of the 5 adults, it could work, but I wouldn't want it to. It would be tight.

We stayed in a Nemo Suite and are a family of five. 2 adults, 2 kids and a toddler. It was a nice fit for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter