Arrival time - DME

Lisa OZ

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask.
We are arriving at MCO at 5.30pm, does anyone know approximately what time we would arrive at our resort? We are staying at POR.
I know Disney is a distance from MCO, I wasn't sure of the process when our plane arrives.
Also coming international do we get sent special tags to identify our bags? Do we put them on before we check in at LAX?

Thanks

I think that for the tags question, you would get information on the. Transportation boards,, but for travel time, I allow 90 minutes from wheels down to check in. A lot depends on how pokey you are when you get to MCO. My family heads straight to Starbucks so that takes time. Once you check in at DME you will wait for them to. Dispatch your bus. That also is hard to estimate..

I'm not sure about intl flights, but for domestic travel Disney sends us bright yellow stickers (similar to what airlines attach to checked bags) that we also attach to our luggage when we check in at the airport. These yellow tags indicate which resort we're staying at, so DME delivers them to the right resort (usually about 3 hours after arrival); this alows us to bypass baggage claim. However, you're welcome to pick up your luggage at baggage claim and take it with you on DME.

You will find DME on the lowest level at the far end of side B of MCO. You will need to have your paperwork with you to check in with the DME agent and they will direct you to the appropriate line for your resort. Because the DME buses drop off at multiple resorts, it's difficult to assess how long it will take once you leave the airport.

For your return to MCO, normal pickup times are 3 hours before a domestic flight and 4 hours before an international flight.

If you are flying international from anywhere but Canada, you have to get ymy r own bags before getting on ME. They will not send yellow tags to international flyers, even if they have a connecting flight and will clear customs before MCO.

If you clear customs at LAX, you can give ME your claim tags. But you won't get yellow tags: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...gical-express-international-luggage-claiming/

We arrived at approx. 2:40 pm and got to the Poly at about 4pm. We went directly to DME after getting off the plane, with only very quick bathroom stops. We waited a bit for the bus to leave the airport. We stopped at WL and CR on the way to the Poly. If you have to get your own bags I would add at least 20 - 30 minutes to your estimate.

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask.
We are arriving at MCO at 5.30pm, does anyone know approximately what time we would arrive at our resort? We are staying at POR.
I know Disney is a distance from MCO, I wasn't sure of the process when our plane arrives.
Also coming international do we get sent special tags to identify our bags? Do we put them on before we check in at LAX?

Thanks

We just took DME from MCO to PO French Quarter last month and it took two hours from getting off the plane to the resort. Now we arrived at 10:30pm so we had to get our luggage and we made 3 stops before we were at our hotel. I would expect arriving earlier in the day would be a bit faster and if you don't have to grab your luggage you probably shave off 20 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter