• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arrival Day Lunch

Maggie7313

Mouseketeer
I would appreciate any recommendations regarding what to do about our arrival day lunch.

DH and I will be arriving in Los Angeles in time to pick my sister and niece up at LAX at 11:30 They are flying in from Boston and so are bound to be hungry sooner rather than later and I'm assuming the absolute minimum time from airport to Main Street is at least two hours even if everything goes absolutely perfectly.

Our plan is to head to Anaheim, check in at the Candy Cane Inn (leaving bags in car if the room isn't ready) and then run straight to Disneyland where we need to pick up my sister's GAC and exchange our PhotoPass+ voucher before packing in as many rides as possible before closing time. None of us can possibly stop and smell the roses until at least Day 3. :)

I know we need to fit lunch in somewhere to fuel all of this running and I'm afraid we will all be starving. Any suggestions regarding a quick lunch between LAX and Anaheim? We would be happy to eat in the car but do need a place that is vegetarian friendly.

Thanks!

There are 3 restaurants close to Disneyland that are vegetarian friendly, but they aren't the fast food you are looking for. You can do a Google search to find the exact location...

Pho Veggie
Fire & Ice Bar and Grill
Roy's Restaurant

Johnnies Pastrami in Culver City. It may not be directly on the way from LAX to DL, but its not too far from LAX. Its been around for 60 years and its my favorite place for a great pastrami sandwich.

In n' Out is great too.

Taco Bell on Harbor down toward Embassy Suites.It is like two blocks away and never crowded.Not fancy but cheap fast and filling.

I would appreciate any recommendations regarding what to do about our arrival day lunch.

DH and I will be arriving in Los Angeles in time to pick my sister and niece up at LAX at 11:30 They are flying in from Boston and so are bound to be hungry sooner rather than later and I'm assuming the absolute minimum time from airport to Main Street is at least two hours even if everything goes absolutely perfectly.

Our plan is to head to Anaheim, check in at the Candy Cane Inn (leaving bags in car if the room isn't ready) and then run straight to Disneyland where we need to pick up my sister's GAC and exchange our PhotoPass+ voucher before packing in as many rides as possible before closing time. None of us can possibly stop and smell the roses until at least Day 3. :)

I know we need to fit lunch in somewhere to fuel all of this running and I'm afraid we will all be starving. Any suggestions regarding a quick lunch between LAX and Anaheim? We would be happy to eat in the car but do need a place that is vegetarian friendly.

Thanks!

Ahahahaha That's exactly how we feel.

I say grab a sandwich at the airport or stay hungry until you get into the parks, then eat more at the parks so you don't waste more time being outside disney.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Some good food for thought (ugghhh. It's late and I need sleep so forgive bad puns).

Definitely some new options to think about!

There is a Subway in the little shopping center directly across the street from the Candy Cane Inn. Maybe a couple of you would run and get sandwiches while the others check in.

I say grab a sandwich at the airport or stay hungry until you get into the parks, then eat more at the parks so you don't waste more time being outside disney.

:thumbsup2

When the relatives get into the airport, they can stop in their gate area to see if anything is there that they would like.

But since they are cross-country travelers I would imagine they will be prepared, either with food they brought with them or bought at their home airport, or they might buy food on the plane. They might not be as desperate as you would think. :)

If you guys are arriving at LAX as well, do the same if you really just want to get to the parks ASAP.

Or, hey, wait for the parks! I love the vegetarian po'boy at RiverBelle Terrace (assuming they still have that...it's been almost a year since we've been there, sad to say), or the vegetarian gumbo Royal Street Veranda.

If possible, have them eat at the airport during their layover before LAX. That way they're not starving and you can have more time for the parks! They're going to be slightly tired when they get in, so I would suggest taking it slow for the first hour in the park, maybe grab a fastpass and saunter over to Cafe Orleans for lunch. Monte Cristo and Pomme Frites FTW. Another good option is the fried chicken at Plaza Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter