Ariels Grotto or Minnie's breakfast?

Valentina1234

Earning My Ears
Which one do you think is better and why? Our kids are 2.5 and 5. DD isn't super into princesses and I've heard Minnie's has better food. Thoughts?

If they prefer Minnie I'd choose that one. There are a large variety of characters! We were there for first seating and we could barely eat there were so many at our table constantly. That's what you're really paying for.

I like the that there is a huge variety of characters at Minnie's. A little something for everyone. I think we had 12 characters that we got pictures with on our last breakfast there. I thought the food was decent, not great, but not bad. A lot of choices to choose from.

I have never had breakfast at Ariels but we have had lunch there twice, though the last time was 4 years ago. The food was pretty good then and the princess interaction was good, though a bit rushed. I would put it as a must do for a princess lover, but otherwise I would probably do Minnie's. Minnie's is quite a bit cheaper too, IIRC.

Last edited:
I've never had breakfast at Ariel's but our lunch wasn't great and the interactions were very rushed. We absolutely loved Minnie's though. Fresh hot food and great interactions with so many characters! We saw 11 at our breakfast. I definitely recommend that one over Ariel's unless princesses are a priority.

Ariel's should only be if princesses are a must. Food/value is way better at Minnie's!

We have done both for breakfast and enjoyed the food more at Ariel's but character wise Minnie's wins.
We have had early bookings for both, the princesses were lovely but as it is only open for I think an hour the interaction was short and rushed. It was a quick production line but at Minnie's the characters had more time to play with the guests and have fun.

We just did both in the last week. I agree with the others, if princesses are a must, do Ariel's. (We saw Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Tiana.) The character interaction was okay but nothing to write home about. (We ate at 4:40, so we were one of the last dining groups seated before the switch to supper, so that may have had something to do with it.)

Otherwise, do Minnie's, especially if you can get in pre park opening. Nice food, tons of characters(!), and cheaper. We saw Minnie, Chip, Dale, Captain Hook, Rafiki, Fairy Godmother, Max Goof, Tigger, Pooh, and Eeyore, all in about 45 minutes, with good interaction with each of them! (DH & the two oldest slipped out before Tigger arrived so they could do a ride on Space Mountain before official park opening.)

We prefer a late as possible Minnie's breakfast time. We stay onsite, and try to book for an early entry day. It is almost like a brunch, not a breakfast, with only breakfast food, lol. We ride many rides before a 10:40 breakfast! Then breakfast is less crowded too, and the characters can spend even more time visiting the tables, we even saw a few twice last trip. Some are together and you might get nice pictures with both Chip and Dale, for example. I counted one time, 12 including Minnie. Last time I did not count, but it was about 10 plus Minnie I think. (missed Gepetto from the other time). Fairy Godmother is especially lovely and sweet.

I agree with all the others! Minnie's is the way to go! We went to a late breakfast, and while one character never made it to our table for some reason, the interactions we did have were great! Food wasn't amazing, but not terrible either. Ariel's felt very rushed to us but we figured it was just because we were adults, seems like maybe it's that way for everyone.

Another vote for Minnie's. We've done Ariel's for both lunch and breakfast. While we enjoyed it, it doesn't come close to Minnie's for characters. We've done Minnie's four times, and it's always a great experience. We go as late as possible, and we've never felt rushed or that they weren't refreshing the food.

Went to Minnie's Breakfast in May and really enjoyed it. I have booked it again for my next trip at the end of Sept, but having never been there in the fall, I forgot that park hours are different. Booked 10am thinking we could get in a few rides before breakfast. Park hours haven't been released yet for my dates, but I'm concerned that the park might open at 10!

We did the last seating brunch at Minnie's and I felt they really had much more time as they were winding down. At Ariel's we did lunch and the food was amazing but I found it rushed, as others have said. I also thought it was quite crowded, from checking in to tables close together.

Minnie's is awesome. I think that's the general consensus - unless you are very specifically seeking princesses, people prefer Minnie's.

Another vote for Minnie's unless Princesses are a must do. The food was good at Minnie's but the character selection and interactions are the best. Last time we managed 12 characters and had some of the most memorable interactions from the trip.

The trick for Ariel's is to dress your girls in a princess dress and then the princesses stay and chat quite a bit. Rapunzel was thrilled to see my 4 year old in her dress, as was Cinderella to see my 7 year old. We weren't rushed and they chatted with my girls, taking their time.

I would probably rather go to Minnie's, but my girls would much rather see princesses.

If they are not into the princess go to Minnie's. The food is good and the fact that you are on Main St. eating is the best.

I actually love the food at Minnie's. I would go even if it weren't a character meal. I could absolutely drink the caramel sauce that you can get with your French toast, LOL

We always do both, BUT, having said that... food at breakfast at Ariels grotto far surpasses that of the food at Plaza Inn for breakfast!

Character wise, if your LO wants princesses, do Ariels Grotto. We've never felt rushed and they always spend a lot of time with our little princess. She's never dressed up and it hasn't made a difference in the 3 times we've been.

At plaza inn, you see lots more characters but no princesses.

The trick for Ariel's is to dress your girls in a princess dress and then the princesses stay and chat quite a bit. Rapunzel was thrilled to see my 4 year old in her dress, as was Cinderella to see my 7 year old. We weren't rushed and they chatted with my girls, taking their time.

I would probably rather go to Minnie's, but my girls would much rather see princesses.

My DD was wearing the same dress as Ariel and the interaction was still meh. I'm sure it all depends on the mood of the princesses that day but it was just dull. The food was bad and it's not something I'd repeat. We love princesses, my daughter is even named after one, but it's just not magical. I do highly recommend dressing up though. She got star treatment all over in her dress and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter