Are you super excited about the new Star Wars Land?

Are you super excited about the new Star Wars Land?

• Total voters

tiredmom4

ShesCool
Star Wars Land Galaxy's Edge is being built in both Disneyland and Disney World. The one in Disneyland will open in summer 2019, the one in WDW a few months later before the holidays.

I'm a casual Star Wars fan, and I don't like the look of the new SWL. The pictures look like a dump in space. As Obi Wan puts it, "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." So my vote is no. I will go in there and look around if it's not too crowded. Otherwise I won't go in. I'm not fighting crowds to look at a dump.

However, some gurus call it "Disney's license to print money." They really expect everybody to be super excited about it. That's why I want to see how many people truly are excited about it. I know that when it first opens, there will be a big crowd just because of the newness of it. But after a few months when the newness wears off, will it still be a license to print money?

What do you think? Are YOU super excited or no? Will you do your share to enable Disney to print money? :smooth:

If you are super excited, please vote yes!
If you are no more excited about SWL than Pandora or Toy Story Land, that is, if you are just somewhat excited, please vote no!

Last edited:
I am not even a Star Wars fan, but I am really excited about it.

That "dump" look is theming is. The theming is phenomenal.

I want a choice somewhere in the middle. I’m excited, yes. But not exactly my dream come true :-)

Nope. This is nothing Disney related. This is just getting away from the true Disney feel in my opinion.

I like Star Wars but it’s not something I obsess over.

The positive about it though is that it’s in Hollywood Studios so it makes sense and doesn’t really bother me as much.

I just don’t equate Disney with Star Wars.

I enjoyed force awakens but the last Jedi was a terrible movie. Disney’s hands were all over that reason.

Star Wars conferences are NUTS. I expect that clientele to end up in Disney when it opens. I just hope it doesn’t spread out to surrounding areas

Last edited:
I think the theming looks amazing and I hope it is as immersive as they claim. I love the idea of being able to go into the cantina from the movies. I just hope it lives up to the hype.
I enjoy Pandora and the way it is themed, but outside the 2 rides there isn't much more there. This land looks to have all the extras that you need.

We are very excited!

I do believe it will bring in many people that would otherwise not be interested in Disney.

I'm excited to see what Disney can do with an immersive new land, the new rides and an insane amount of detail put into this area. I'm hardly an Avatar fan (like most, I suspect), but fully appreciate Pandora and what they did there. It'll be an amazing addition and one I expect most will love.

However - am I excited as a SW fan? No - not really. Based on everything I've read, I'm going into this with the idea that it's "SW-themed" and not "Star Wars". There's a difference there. With Harry Potter, Universal took the approach of recreating that world. With Galaxy's Edge, Disney is creating something new that didn't already exist in the SW universe (despite a rich catalog of possibilities like Hoth, Endor, Dagobah, Coruscant, Naboo, Tatooine/Jakku, Death Star, Yavin 4, Mustafar, Bespin, etc...). Will everyone love Batuu the same way? Who knows.

Additionally, Galaxy's Edge seems to be set right around the time of the recent sequels (sort of like Pandora at AK is set years after Avatar to explain why the Navi are no longer in the land and you don't see them there). If so - and keeping with Disney's approach to total immersion with this new land - I suspect that Galaxy's Edge will keep with "new" or "Disney" SW - meaning we won't be seeing the classic characters from the OT there (and there may be quite a few people a bit surprised that "SW land" at Disney doesn't have Vader, or Boba Fett, or classic Stormtroopers, or any of the older SW characters that didn't make it to the sequels). There may be some very unrealistic expectations about what a SW land should be and what Galaxy's Edge really is. So yeah - I'm excited (keeping my expectations in check and mind open) but not just because it's Star Wars.

As for whether it's a license to print money? Probably. But again because it's Disney and a new land based on a popular property. Avatar isn't exactly a red hot IP, and that place is still packed a year later and will continue to be.

Not really a Star Wars fan, but really looking forward not only to Galaxy’s Edge, but also to the hotel for the immersive experience. Can’t wait.

Yes! Super excited. And DH too (who is NOT a Disney fan). The question is, am I brave enough to visit during the first 3-4 months?

I'm not interested but will go if the rides are good. I won't fight huge crowds or wait in long lines for it. I wish there was none of this Star Wars madness & the franchise had stopped in the 1980's.

I am a Star Wars fan, looking forward to a new area but not SUPER excited. I will definitely go see it whenever I am there after it opens. I haven't seen any pictures, so I don't know what you mean by looking like a dump, I don't think that would bother me. In contrast, my DD and I made a special trip to IOA shortly after the first Harry Potter area opened in 2010 just to see it.

I can’t freaking wait!!! It looks to be incredible and I have loved everything Disney has done with th franchise since purchasing it.

That being said I am a huge fan. (Not quite “dress up and see the new film at midnight” huge, but whatever tier of fandom is after that.)

I get the feeling that most casual and up Star Wars fans are super excited for this as well. I think it is like printing money for Disney. Look at what Harry Potter did for Universal. While HP is popular, it holds nothing on Star Wars as far as fandom goes.

Please notice the avatar I use on this site. Does that answer your question? We don't leave for WDW for 3 weeks and I am already planning my 2021 trip around this.

I am somewhere in the middle as well. I love what Disney did with Avatar and I am sure Star Waes will be amazing. But after the first couple of movies, I haven’t kept up with them. I would like to visit WDW in Nov 2019 but not sure if it will just be a madhouse or not.

My son, on the other hand, is a HUGE Star Wars fan and can’t wait to see it. His wife even walked down the aisle to the theme song of Star Wars!

I love Star Wars, but I am worried about how much it will change Hollywood Studios. I love that park very much as it is.

I also don't even want to see how insane the crowds will be, as that fandom is a whole different animal.

Once things calm down I will be interested in seeing it for myself.

The 2 choices don’t really fit how I feel, because I have no desire to even visit it. It scares the heck out of me what it will do to my beloved DLR in Calif, not as much in FL at HS because I can avoid that park and still have a good time.

I am preparing myself for Disneyland to be near or at capacity for the opening and the entire first summer. I typically go to DLR about 2-3 times a month and am worried it will be too crowded for me enjoy the park and the type of visitor will be different too. Also worried I’ll be priced out of an AP, just waiting for the next round of price increases to be announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter