Are you still “quarantining” or have you resumed most activities?

I’ve had a hair cut/color, pedicure. Mammogram/yearly visit. I work and wear a mask. Have had friends over. Try and be careful but I do feel like we will be shut down again unfortunately.

We are being very cautious. My husband only has 35% lung capacity and is in the extreme risk category. We've missed 3 sets of our twins birthdays last month. Today one set came over to get their presents. I was scared to death. One is special needs and wanted to give grandma a hug. He's a grandma's boy. How do you tell a 15 year old that runs at a 4 year age level to back off? I didn't. I accepted his hug and when they left I used lysol on everything and everywhere they were. It was the first time we have seen them in months. I cried.

We are being very cautious. My husband only has 35% lung capacity and is in the extreme risk category. We've missed 3 sets of our twins birthdays last month. Today one set came over to get their presents. I was scared to death. One is special needs and wanted to give grandma a hug. He's a grandma's boy. How do you tell a 15 year old that runs at a 4 year age level to back off? I didn't. I accepted his hug and when they left I used lysol on everything and everywhere they were. It was the first time we have seen them in months. I cried.
I totally understand that you gave your sweet grandson a hug. We are all doing the best we can. Nothing is going to be perfect, and sometimes we do what is needed in an unexpected moment.

We have been on total lockdown since March, except for groceries/click & collect orders.
This weekend we spent 2 nights in the mountains and it was glorious!! We still kept our distance, but being out and hiking was exactly what we needed, a break without too much risk.
We will be returning to 'house arrest' as our sons call it, as we're more than happy in our little bubble at home, and we'll await the 2nd wave which I believe is inevitable based on what I see of our neighbours 🙈

We have done little change. I went out to the first store last week for summer pyjamas. Masked of course. We get our groceries delivered every 8-10 days from Wal-Mart. I had to go to the Vet for my cat last week. Everyone I see has a mask on. I do live in Montreal, this province (Quebec), has been hit extremely hard, some days we are still getting 40-50 deaths a day. The majority are in Montreal.
My husband was also hospitalized in May, I remain fearful. He is stronger, but has lung pain daily. I can’t even count how many people I know who have lost someone, and here the funerals are basically back-logged until August. 😕
As a sudden surprise it was announced our malls will open June 19th, we were just told Friday, not ready yet. Restaurants June 22nd. Same for that.
The only small change we have allowed is my sister in law and nephew come over to swim, and As we have a larger deck, and pool, it is good for social distancing. Human contact has felt nice. I am fearful as I have 2 auto-immune disorders. I think we will continue on as we are , for as long as we can. I miss going out for breakfast, but not to the point of going out when restaurants open.

Try and be careful but I do feel like we will be shut down again unfortunately.

Sadly, I think you're probably right. I feel like a lot of people treated opening as a switch from "all closed" to "all normal" - but I'm just not there yet. My comfort level is growing very gradually, and I feel a lot better when there are very clear expectations.

Back to normal with what is open. I’m In NJ so our stay At home was lifted and today we move into phase two with outdoor dining and non essential retail opening up for in store purchasing.

Throughout this we still visited friends and family that were comfortable with hanging outside with social distancing. We did this a few times. When beaches opened we started going with our friends and just our family. Now we each gather at a different persons house each weekend since most things are closed. We’re rotating houses so one family isn’t constantly hosting.

As restrictions eased we started having BBQs for up to 25 people. Now those restrictions are being raised to 100 people for outdoor and soon it’ll be 250 people and 500 People by July 4.

We both worked full time with my SO from home and me at the hospital. I work in an admin suite so we don’t wear masks in our suite but we do when we leave the suite and are in common areas. We still went to some kind of store 2-3 times a week and ordered take out.

This weekend me and 3 of my girlfriends are going to Atlantic City. We got a hotel room for the night. We plan on having some beach time then hitting a beach bar for dinner (with a reservation) and beach bar hopping and walking the boardwalk.

My kids have started hanging out with friends in the last few weeks. My son had friends over this weekend and they went out to Philadelphia Saturday since they opened places this weekend too.

Last edited:
New Zealand here. Our first case wasFeb 28th, in less than 4 weeks after that we locked down hard, with everything shut except for essential services (mostly food supply and utilities). We stayed this way for 4-5 weeks before then allowing fast food to open. This was a little over 2 weeks then we let shops and restaurants open. We are now fully open with the exception of our borders, where any arrivals are quarantined for 2 weeks in a hotel (no option).

We are now COVID free.

Some say being sparsely populated is why we have been so successful, but that isn’t necessarily the case. We have similar land area and population density to Colorado, but they have 20x the number of cases and 75x the number of deaths.

Our tight border control did make a big difference but the secret to our success was rapid lockdown before the virus had a chance to take hold, as well as concise direction from our government, and no politicking from the opposition.

Of course we now can’t leave the country though there is talk of a bubble with Australia if they can manage to get on top of the virus, and a lot of the small
Pacific island nations NZ is close to are also Covid free, some some hope f a holiday destination! Can’t see us heading farther afield for some time as the risk of bringing the virus back to NZ is too great.

My husband says they should have Jacinda Ardern run the whole world!

Where I'm at in ON, Canada, we've just been given the go ahead to expand our "social bubble" to 10 people and we can hug friends and family. We still have to socially distance by 6ft if we are among those not in our "bubble" but I am so glad I can hug my Mom again! Our malls still aren't open except for stores that have a street entrance. Restaurants are curbside pickup/delivery only, still. I've been having groceries/perscriptions delivered so I actually haven't been in a store since early March. I've got a mask/sanitizer at the ready though for when I feel it's safe enough.

We'll get there, slowly but surely.

Still can’t go to subdivision pool, they haven’t opened it yet (lots of arguing on Facebook page 🙄).
Sounds like our neighborhood/HOA. The pool has technically reopened but no one is going because the waiver they have in place is kind of nuts. The neighborhood facebook page is lit up right now.

Still quarantining, although it's not that different from our regular life tbh, lol.

Grocery shopping once a week. We never stopped our daily walks, and maintain social distancing at all times. We have not gotten any take-out and certainly won't be going to a restaurant any time soon - I expect to be furloughed soon so it's for budgetary reasons as well. I'm holding off on a haircut until I'm forced back in the office, lol.

What I really miss is visiting my parents. They're 2 hours away and their area is still in the early stages of phase 2. We make do with FaceTime and texting for now, but it will be great to see them in person again.

I am some what solitary so that hasn't changed. I have been at work through out as I work for a breakfast cereal firm so no lockdown that way. I have been doing diy so have been buying stuff from diy stores online through click and collect. I got the work that needed to be done by electricians and plasterer done 2 days before lockdown happened. No I don't wear a mask anywhere but do use the hand sanitiser in the supermarket.

We re still laying pretty low ( sw fla), no friends or family here or going out, food shopping in stores now, but mask used and wipes/liquid stuff in vehicle. Nothing like I’m used to shopping... I’d say 50-60 % I see wearing masks.
Pickleball twice a week with my immediate family ( we had to sign a Covid waiver) and lap swimming is limited Lanes( waiver as well).
We re hearing More about Covid lately within neighbors. Sadly one died, Others pushing thru. .. last week 3 more diagnosed. I’m not sure all people even want to share that info.

What I’m hearing most is this crazy stomach ..virus? ( neg covid tests) from friends n family both here and out of state. Anyone else hearing this?
Stay safe all.

What's in the waiver that is causing such problems?
I feel your pain. Our HOA has to go through: Tri-county health, Metro District, HOA. So those 3 entities can't get their stuff together! Our FB page is a fun read. Families planning to "storm the pool" It's all about lifeguards, someone to manage the number of people coming in etc. How hard is this!! crazy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter