Are you seeing Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas already in stores by you?

When you get the general picture it used to be that fall merchandise used to be released in August to prepare for the fall and Halloween decorations and candy aren't released until September to get the stores ready for October and Halloween and Christmas decor would not appear until the week of Thanksgiving. But I think why you see so much Christmas decor being put out early is because of Christmas In July sales to get people a jumpstart to the holidays. Because as soon as Thanksgiving debuts in November the prices for Christmas decor will start rising. Like have you noticed how expensive Christmas trees are as soon as they go on sale? and when stores such as Lowes have Black Friday sales the Christmas trees are the last things of Christmas decor that rarely go on sale. And it's not just Halloween Thanksgiving and Christmas that gets merchandise put out early. Because as soon as Christmas is over and January has begun they release Valentine's Day merchandise and once Valentine's Day is over the stores focus on Easter merchandise by selling it at the end of February and I cannot figure why they do this? Halloween I have never figured out why there is so much decor for it and when I would visit Walmart they had two aisles of Halloween costumes and the candy was in one lone aisle and next to the Halloween merchandise they had an aisle filled with Thanksgiving decor and food like Stove Top Stuffing and cranberry sauce and turkeys were already at the front of the store. But I truly think this is a way for people to get an early jumpstart on the holidays so they can be prepared for Thanksgiving easily and Christmas easily as well

Yes since June frankly I really think they’re pushing it I can’t see them going into a store and smelling cinnamon in June when it’s like 100° outside I mean the kids just got out of school you could at least wait till the kids go back to school I swear they just took the stuff down the middle, so just leave it up you’re around

Coming back to this thread to report that my local Target has Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING. They also had an entire aisle for Halloween candy but who is buying that in July?

I was in Marshall's last week and they had two aisles of Halloween stuff. Some cute Disney things, but since we don't decorate the house for Halloween there was no point in buying any of it.

I also think that why it has become a new trend to put Halloween Thanksgiving and Christmas decor in the start of the months of July August and September is to also see what sells. When I used to shop Walmart as soon as September 1st began Halloween pumpkins would be seen till November 1st and my mother used to tell me that people would buy pumpkins to make pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving and as soon as Halloween was over the pumpkins would go on clearance and the Halloween candy would get put on clearance but it was still pricey. Another store that did this was Kmart and as soon as October began Kmart would have aisles full of Halloween decor but rarely put it on clearance and the only thing on clearance was costumes and candy and they would begin playing Christmas music in October too. But when November hit Kmart would put two whole aisles of Thanksgiving decor and in the other aisle was Christmas candy and Christmas decor but Christmas trees would always be in the garden center. But Macy's really outdoes all the other stores because although they don't have much Halloween decor they focus mainly on Christmas decor and every November you can tell that Macy's really is eager for Thanksgiving and Christmas to come out because they have Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade posters scattered throughout the store and Christmas decor such as Christmas themed throws Christmas toss pillows Santa Claus floor rugs and loads of boxed Christmas chocolates and you never see them on clearance because Macy's Christmas candies and decor goes on clearance in February and March. But just like Halloween and Christmas themed commercials debut in October and November this new trend will last in stores for a long time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter