"Are You Ready for Another DXDP Pre-Trippie?"

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Well, I hope so.....because I have been loving all of the dining reports and want to give back to my fellow DISers who enjoy living (eating, drooling) vicariously through others.

So here goes.....

We will be in Orlando for 12 nights. Oh yeah, that's nearly 2 weeks!
Our first four nights will be spent at Portofino Bay hotel at Universal Studios (gasp! the horror!) but I will happily do a dining report there as well if anyone is interested.

Our US/IOA plans include:
Breakfast at The Three Broomsticks which is part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. :wizard: This meal is included in our package, but I'll take pictures and post $$$ if possible.
Dinner one night will be at The Kitchen at the Hard Rock Hotel. I chose it because the menu was varied and there is some kind of magic show for the kids on Friday evenings. My son loves magic, so I am hoping he enjoys it!
Dinner our last night at US/IOA at The Island Dining Room which I chose because it's a character meal and a co-worker of mine said that the food is really good. Ok, I'll give it a shot!
I'm sure the rest of our meals will be quick service type places but maybe I can grab lunch at Margartaville one afternoon.

Now onto the Deluxe Dining Plan at WDW! :love::banana::love:

We will be staying at the Polynesian. Originally we were booked in a garden concierge room, but after really thinking about the way we tour the parks, I knew that a regular old garden view room would suit us just fine, thank you very much, so I downgraded the room and added the DXDP!

Our first day in Disney will be at none other than the MK! We will have a QS lunch either at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon, Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills. We're going to let our mood and hunger level choose for us. Dinner the first night will be at Kona Cafe which we love so very much! Cannot wait for some kilueah torte. :woohoo:

Day 2 takes us to Hollywood Studios where we'll ransack Starring Rolls for breakfast and grab a salad or pulled pork sammie at Catalina Eddie's or Rosie's. Let's face it - the food at HS is lacking, and we'll be back there another day, so we're focusing on the touring and not the eating this day.
Dinner on day 2 is at Yak & Yeti and I am thrilled to be spending evening EMH's at AK! :)

Day 3 is the day my mom and dad are joining us. We're going to hang out at the resort and wait for them to arrive, so we'll have breakfast at Captain Cook's. Can you get Dole Whip for breakfast? Well, it is made of pineapple, so I'm going to say YES! We will probably also have lunch at CC's when my folks arrive or we'll just skip breakfast and have an early lunch with them. They're due to get to MCO at 8am, so I think we'll see them by 9:30 - yeah, breakfast may be doable....
We're all going to Epcot in the afternoon and our dinner will be at Rose and Crown because I really want some fish and chips and a guiness! OK, maybe I'll pass on the guiness, but not the fish and chips!

Day 3 is a MK day and we're starting it bright and early at Crystal Palace - our ressie is before the park opens. I can't wait for the photos on Main Street with nary a soul around. :cloud9: We're only going to stay in MK to do Fantasyland with the kiddies and maybe take a ride on Splash Mount. Then we're going to hit Downtown Disney for some shopping. Dinner tonight is a signature meal at Narcoosee's and I can't wait. I love this place and the view of the lagoon and MK is breathtaking!

I'll be back in another post with the next few Disney Days.

Thank you for taking the time to read the pre-trippie dining report. Hope to hear some feedback!

Here I am!!!!!!!! Sounds great so far!!! I agree that the food at DHS is not the greatest to choose from. We're excited to try 50' PT for the first time though. We don't have high expectations, and just want to experience it. Can't wait to read more of your plans!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

count me in! Would love to hear about "that other place" LOL....we were thinking of spending a few days in Universal also, but being my DD7 first trip we're gonna wait and add that to one maybe next year. can't wait to hear your reviews!

We LOVE Yak & Yeti!!!! And Narcoose's is also a family favorite!!! And we love Kona Cafe - especially Tonga Toast!!!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your plans!!!

Here I am!!!!!!!! Sounds great so far!!! I agree that the food at DHS is not the greatest to choose from. We're excited to try 50' PT for the first time though. We don't have high expectations, and just want to experience it. Can't wait to read more of your plans!!!!!!!!!

50's Prime Time is more about the entertainment factor for me, but the food isn't half bad. Plus you can get a milkshake as your drink here I think (using the DXDP). Not a bad deal on a hot summer day. ;)

count me in! Would love to hear about "that other place" LOL....we were thinking of spending a few days in Universal also, but being my DD7 first trip we're gonna wait and add that to one maybe next year. can't wait to hear your reviews!

I haven't seen many dining reports from "that other place" so I'm hoping I can help fellow travellers! Have fun on your DD's first WDW trip! :thumbsup2

We LOVE Yak & Yeti!!!! And Narcoose's is also a family favorite!!! And we love Kona Cafe - especially Tonga Toast!!!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your plans!!!

Tonga Toast is definitely on my "must-eat" list! I am really, really looking forward to Yak and Yeti as well!

Thanks for reading!

I've just made a few changes to our dining plans....but not the first three days.

Here is day 4!

We're going to take it easy at the hotel this morning and just have breakfast at Captain Cook's. We're off to Epcot for EMH's but before that, we'll be gathering our energy from Yachtsman's Steakhouse. I love the YC/BC area - we've stayed at the BC the last two years, so I'm really looking forward to strolling the walkway along Crescent Lake before and after dinner.

On day 5, we will be heading to the AK early for my DS's breakfast at Tusker House. He requested Chef Mickey's, but I convinced him that Tusker House is better because we can ride the safari right afterwards, which he just loves! (Score one for mom because Dad really hates Chef Mickey's...)

We're having a late lunch/early dinner for DD's birthday on Day 5 as well, but this time it's at Cinderella's Royal Table. Truly a place for a princess to dine in celebration of her birthday.

And to top the day off, we will be attending the FIREWORKS DESSERT PARTY in the MK! I think I spaced our meals out quite well on this day - 8:00am breakfast, 4:00pm lunch/dinner and 9:00pm dessert.

I plan to take a TON of pics at the Dessert Party and I'll keep you posted on the melting factor in the muggy and hot July heat!

More to come....thanks for reading!

Count me in
Can't wait to hear your thoughts

Thanks - I'm still planning on doing my "chocolates from around the world" with that Cadbury chocolate bar your DH got in Canada! And I'm not a big drinker, but your report and all its gorgeous cocktails has me contemplating a few libations!

How cool, a dessert party!! That sounds awesome!! Keep em comin!!

And the cool thing is that the CM specifically noted my kids' names and their birthdays (DS's is August, DD's is July and we'll be in WDW between the two), so maybe there will be some sort of pixie dust for them....

I'm looking forward to the mango shooters more than anything, too!

I'm back with day 6, which I tweaked a bit last night.

Reason for tweaking? DH still wants to eat at Le Cellier even though I booked Yachtsmans Steakhouse. OK, I enjoy a good filet, so I'm fine with both places. So I had to make a couple of changes to get Le Cellier back in the picture.

Day 6 is all about Epcot. I just love Epcot and my kids are into Soarin' and Crush, and I think by the time the trip rolls around, they're both going to be convinced to love Test Track. Plus, I like that Epcot has a lot of indoor activities which helps to keep cool. Also, the Captain EO return engagement has my son super excited as he is a major MJ fan.

So, Epcot will begin early and we will be having breakfast at Seasons. I love Seasons because of the great choices, plus, we always head to the Land first thing to get our Soarin' on! Lunch is also at Epcot today and we will be dining at Le Cellier. The last time we ate here was on our honeymoon, TEN years ago. So you could say it's been a while. ;)

This evening's plan is dinner and a show......it's the Hoop De Doo Revue! My kids have been here before, but DS was 4 and DD was 2. So I asked my DS if he wanted to go there again, thinking he wouldn't really remember. He said, "Well, I don't like the show that much, but the chicken was really good, so, let's do it!" :rotfl2: That just sent me into a fit of laughter. And on the DxDP you can only get tier 2 or 3 seating. We have tier 2, so I'm hopeful that we won't be smack dab in the middle of it all. He just doesn't like the spotlight...

Day 7 is not so fancy, but it includes one of my faves and the only place my dad ever requests!

Breakfast will be at the hotel at Captain Cook's. Tonga Toast.....mmm, yummy! Lunch is HS and at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. I always request Auntie Clare - I am hoping she's still there! I'm looking forward to trying the PB&J milkshake, too..

Dinner is at my dad's favorite - The Crystal Palace. It's fine with the kids as they like the kid-sized buffet and I think they have some sort of red velvet cake, so I'll be happy when it's dessert time. DH isn't crazy about the characters, but likes the food here, so I'll just make him a shirt that says "I don't greet characters anymore." ;) Just kidding...

Our last day will be low-key at the resort where we'll end our dining at the Kona Cafe for breakfast. I'm looking forward to the macadamia pancakes and the press-pot coffee. How delish!

Now I didn't mention any snacks, but here's a list of things I plan to get and hope we can stomach with the DXDP.

1. Funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow
2. Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow
3. POPCORN!
4. Dole Whip (I think I mentioned that....)
5. Cinnamon Roll from Main Street Bake Shop
6. Churros
7. Itzakadoozie
8. Mickey Bar
9. Carrot Cake Cookie (Writer's Stop at HS) - Thanks, Linda!!!

Yeah, there will be more...

I'll be back to update if there are any changes (which I'm sure there will be). Thanks for reading and joining in the anticipation! :yay:

I will join in too! My first Tonga toast experience was last March and I haven't been the same since. :lmao: Looking forward to your reviews.

oohhh I'm so excited to see your reviews we are headed that way and I have no idea on dining so all suggestions and reviews are awesome

I'm back with day 6, which I tweaked a bit last night.

Day 6 is all about Epcot. I just love Epcot and my kids are into Soarin' and Crush, and I think by the time the trip rolls around, they're both going to be convinced to love Test Track. Plus, I like that Epcot has a lot of indoor activities which helps to keep cool. Also, the Captain EO return engagement has my son super excited as he is a major MJ fan.

How cool that your fam loves EPCOT so much! We love it too. Also rockin that you get to see the Captain EO! And that your DS is a big MJ fan, we love the MJ in our house :)

This evening's plan is dinner and a show......it's the Hoop De Doo Revue! My kids have been here before, but DS was 4 and DD was 2. So I asked my DS if he wanted to go there again, thinking he wouldn't really remember. He said, "Well, I don't like the show that much, but the chicken was really good, so, let's do it!" :rotfl2: That just sent me into a fit of laughter. And on the DxDP you can only get tier 2 or 3 seating. We have tier 2, so I'm hopeful that we won't be smack dab in the middle of it all. He just doesn't like the spotlight...

SUPER COOL!!!! We really want to do Hoop-de-Doo!!! I'm thinking maybe if we're able to the surprise birthday trip for DH in November, we may get to try it. Just an FYI, the tier 2 seats I've heard are pretty much the back of the room. Many people prefer the tier 3 seats which are up on the balcony. It's a perfect view, and the performers come up and give autographs as well. That's where we'll be requesting, as we don't like the spotlight. :)

Breakfast will be at the hotel at Captain Cook's. Tonga Toast.....mmm, yummy! Lunch is HS and at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. I always request Auntie Clare - I am hoping she's still there! I'm looking forward to trying the PB&J milkshake, too..

Yay for 50's PT!!! We absolutely cannot WAIT for this experience! Glad you love it! We are going to try the PBJ milkshake too :)

Dinner is at my dad's favorite - The Crystal Palace. It's fine with the kids as they like the kid-sized buffet and I think they have some sort of red velvet cake, so I'll be happy when it's dessert time. DH isn't crazy about the characters, but likes the food here, so I'll just make him a shirt that says "I don't greet characters anymore." ;) Just kidding...

:rotfl: SO funny. Crystal Palace is our first and only character breakfast on our itinerary! I love that they have red velvet for you!!! Omgggg looove red velvet. It was our wedding cake! About the characters and your DH :rotfl: [/B]

9. Carrot Cake Cookie (Writer's Stop at HS) - Thanks, Linda!!!

DOESN'T THIS JUST LOOK SCRUMDIDDLYUMPTIOUS!?!?!?! I cannot wait to try this too!!! I saw it on her report and almost drooled on myself!!:laughing:

Ok so I had to quote you because there were just so many funny and great parts of your post :)

Care for an introduction?
This is me and DH on our way to Narcoosee's last year.
IMG_0454.jpg

And our kids (on a Friendship boat - definitely not taken on the same evening).
IMG_0385.jpg

Get used to the faces....we're heading back in 2 months and a week and can hardly wait!

Ok so I had to quote you because there were just so many funny and great parts of your post

Thank you! My family cracks me up daily, especially my DD. I haven't gotten her take on our plans yet as I've mainly been writing this pre-trippie after she's been asleep. Ah, but there is always the weekend to get her thoughts....

It all sounds good
Thanks - the hardest part now is waiting....!

Aww, lovely photos :goodvibes
You make a cute couple and your kids are adorable :flower3:
Really looking forward to your thoughts on the Kona Breakfast & La Cellier in particular as I am hoping to try both on our next trip

Aww, lovely photos
You make a cute couple and your kids are adorable
Really looking forward to your thoughts on the Kona Breakfast & La Cellier in particular as I am hoping to try both on our next trip

Thank you!
I'm looking forward to Kona breakfast, too, and the Kona Coffee Press Pot. :surfweb: Gotta have my joe!

So I made some changes, but I hope they're the last....

I'll re-post Days 4 and 5:

Day 4:
Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Lunch will be a QS location. Dinner is at Narcoosee's (a late-ish ressie at 7:50). Hoping to catch the fireworks....;)

Day 5:
Breakfast will be at Captain Cook's.
Lunch will be at Wolfgang Puck Cafe - I've been trying to eat here for two years. Hopefully I'll finally have my chance!
Dinner is at Epcot at Tokyo Dining. Hoping to get a seat by the window for some Illuminations viewing. Our ressie is also late/7:50pm.

Next, I'll share what I'm looking forward to the most and least for each TS location.

Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter