Are you going to WDW in 2014? Let's plan!

I know it can change year on year but in general can you get the free dining if you book just before you go or is it normally a few months out?

The aim is to go mid September 2014 but ill be paying with it with a share save that pays out in August of that year so I won't be able to book early sadly as the balance would need paying before the sharesave pays out I think

The other option is to go slightly later but I enjoy mid September

Could anyone help with this?

Also does anyone know how busy May tends to be compared to September? May even put it off till May 2015 for our boys 4th birthday

Although I haven't even been on my 2013 trip, I am shamed to say that I am already planning for 2014! On all my other trips I have stayed on Intl drive, but for 2014 I am thinking about staying in a Disney hotel. I have read on this board about people receiving pin codes for discounts on Disney properties and I was wondering if anyone knows if this is something that is only available for US residents or whether codes are sent out to UK residents too? The only emails I ever receive from Disney are for free dining or 14 days for 7 on park tickets, but it seems like you can get some really good deals and I don't mind dropping Virgin holidays if I end up with 30% off a hotel.

Me and my DBF planning now for October/November 2014 so I'm joining the party! :)

We'll be there celebrating as on October 31st 2014 we'll have been together for 4 years :)

Maybe not a lot to those with long marriages but special to us :)

We'll be staying in the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA and attending MNSSHP!!

Already pricing up based on next years prices and its looking VERY reasonable, especially as Disney only requires a £300 deposit and we've got about 18 months before the full balance will be due :D

Going to make my ticker now!

Hi beginning to think about WDW for 2014 Not been for 6 years so want a really out of this world trip. I am a teacher and daughter doing GCSE s next year so would have to mid August thinking about 16/17 nights would it be too hot to really enjoy the parks . Really want this to be a fabulous holiday , my kids 15 and 12 really deserve a great time :flower3:

we are going for the very first time next year. I have last week of Aug and first week of Sept penciled in lol plans may change and it may be second and third week in Sept. I am practically delirious waiting to book. Our children who will be 16, 8 and 6 when we go, know we are planning a Wdw holiday and that we are saving our bottoms off.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Hi beginning to think about WDW for 2014 Not been for 6 years so want a really out of this world trip. I am a teacher and daughter doing GCSE s next year so would have to mid August thinking about 16/17 nights would it be too hot to really enjoy the parks . Really want this to be a fabulous holiday , my kids 15 and 12 really deserve a great time :flower3:

That sounds great! We like to go every other year for 12-14 days...So 2014 is our year...:goodvibes

We are going back next year - celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary :D

Deb, I am also a teacher and we got married at Sea Breeze Point on August 17th. It IS hot but plan to take breaks, and make sure you drink plenty of water and you'll be fine. It's also perfect weather for water rides!

We are soooooo near to booking for 2 weeks in Oct 2014. 15 nights for DH and I with the boys flying out to join us for the last 9 nights so DH get 6 nights to ourselves :lovestruc:lovestruc

I think it maybe just a matter of hours before I say "yes, yes, yes !!!!" :rotfl::rotfl:

I've been pretty much every year since early 90's, 2013 is first year I've been forced to miss out so had to plan for 2014. Booked the villa for 2 weeks over Christmas.
Been every other time during the year but Christmas is a first, can't wait. Christmas Day in Magic Kingdom. Will have to make a note of the 180 day ADR date to get a lunch booking in

Hi!

We'll be going around August/September 2014! :)

I am even more excited to be going because I have been going to WDW every year since I was 6 months old, and because we want to stay at a disney resort & do the whole lot (DDP & resort etc) we are having to give 2013 a miss to save up!

We've always stayed off site to make it cheaper, but really want to have the full disney holiday next year! :)

Can't Wait! :)

Gaby & Dan :) x

We're also ready to book. Just waiting to see what promotions are offered for 2014 but we have our dates picked for next year :cool1:

Hoping for Dec 2014 over the Xmas period.

Extended ginormo-family (maybe up to 12-14 ppl) interested, but few firm commitments as yet. We only tend to go every 3-4 years and due to various crises/family problems last trip was not the wonderful thing it usually is, so going to make up for it now.

Plan for 5-6 weeks, flying out early-mid December, first few nights (currently thinking 4-5 nights) at AKL Kidani villa - def for me and my kids, maybe for others, then a villa offsite. it's been suggested that a few days in the Keys would be nice, but not yet firmed up on this.

This will probably be our last trip as a family (grandparents just about to retire and would like to do some other stuff, my kids will be 16 and 22 at the time of trip, etc) so we are looking at how much we can splurge.

The plan so far - lodgings as above. Thinking DDP for laziness while on site - with Garden Grocer delivery of some stuff so we can eat breakfast in villa. Plan to kick the **** out of WDW while we are on site and do the stuff that we wouldn't be able to do if we were staying offsite - like the Wild Africa trek (then when we change to villa probably relax for a day or 2 before going back).

Currently thinking that I should book villa with WDW direct at 500 days out, but then see if I can get a DVC rental.

Annual passes for most people so that they can dip in and out of WDW without having to be tied to a specific 21 day window (annual pass cheaper than 2x 21 day ultimates). No annual pass for me (booooooooooooooo) as I will not be able to get that much time off work - 2 or maybe 3 weeks max).

Sooooooooooooooooooo much planning!!

We are getting so impatient for 2014 offers to come out, im sure they will but im fed up of dummy booking 2013 and guessing the rest! The plan is to go as late on in August as possible for 16 nights at the Yacht Club.We have never been in August before so a little nervous about what the weather will do(hurricanes,rain etc) but super excited about the planning as we're planning as a family this time not doing our usual surprise :-)

We are getting so impatient for 2014 offers to come out, im sure they will but im fed up of dummy booking 2013 and guessing the rest! The plan is to go as late on in August as possible for 16 nights at the Yacht Club.We have never been in August before so a little nervous about what the weather will do(hurricanes,rain etc) but super excited about the planning as we're planning as a family this time not doing our usual surprise :-)

We usually go late August early September and love it. It is hot, but the crowds have always been good and its a cheap time to travel. Yeah, there's rain, but its like a 30 minute shower and then it's fine all day.

We booked late march last year for our September trip this year. Also doing the yacht club, 14 nights. So I'd imagine prices and offers must be coming out soon! Quite jealous that you're going through the excitement of booking and planning!!

mrcoffeegeek said:
I've been pretty much every year since early 90's, 2013 is first year I've been forced to miss out so had to plan for 2014. Booked the villa for 2 weeks over Christmas.
Been every other time during the year but Christmas is a first, can't wait. Christmas Day in Magic Kingdom. Will have to make a note of the 180 day ADR date to get a lunch booking in

I hope you dont mind rubbing shoulders with people. I have been leading up to christmas and from the 22nd onwards I have vowed never again. It was unbearable. We got there for rope drop and by 11 we left. Im not trying to put a dampener on ur holiday as it will be magical whatever but as you havent been that time I just wanted you to be aware. I suppose if you have been easter then you will already know.

I am finding it hard to know what to do, we want to go last week Oct first week Nov, but apparently Free DDP might not be available for then, What do you think? we got free ddp for that time of year 2 years ago and i would love to go then again, but am worried that we might not be able to.
Also do we book with a company or do we book it all ourselves (rambling to myself about this one i think). Have done it both ways in the past, again like previous poster i am sick of doing dummy bookings with this years dates and trying to add on a bit more for luck to give myself rough costs, would love to stop in a 1bed at SSR but realistically think we are looking at either a studio or a room at POFQ.

Sorry, a bit rambly think i am driving DH mad with my plans and just want to be able to book the blooming hol.

Alibaba

Count us in as well. Me and my DFI is going for our Disneymoon in November :) We're planning to stay at POFQ.

I am finding it hard to know what to do, we want to go last week Oct first week Nov, but apparently Free DDP might not be available for then, What do you think? we got free ddp for that time of year 2 years ago and i would love to go then again, but am worried that we might not be able to.
Also do we book with a company or do we book it all ourselves (rambling to myself about this one i think). Have done it both ways in the past, again like previous poster i am sick of doing dummy bookings with this years dates and trying to add on a bit more for luck to give myself rough costs, would love to stop in a 1bed at SSR but realistically think we are looking at either a studio or a room at POFQ.

Sorry, a bit rambly think i am driving DH mad with my plans and just want to be able to book the blooming hol.

Alibaba

Where did you hear there's no free dining then? We're planning to go for 3 weeks in November with free dining.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am sure i read this on a previous thread. Will try and find. Nov is our fave time of year and would love to think that Free DDP would be available. I might've got my wires crossed, when i've got a min i will investigate

Alibaba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter