• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Are you done with that?!" A photo heavy, gluttonous, Jan 2012 Trip Report! NEW PG32

I was living there when St. Robert got the Cracker Barrel! I was in heaven. I'm not sure I'd even drive to Waynesville for Starbucks! LOL

Yep! I was pretty excited that we just got a Kohls, and I don't even shop there! :laughing:

JUST LOVED IT KAREN!!!! :love:

And I have one thing to say - when photobucket was asking for an upgrade and you said that without your pictures ___________________ - well your narrative STANDS ALONE KAREN. :thumbsup2 Both rock. And you know how much I adore your pictures!!!!! :laughing:

Just loved it.

And the home birth - wow. :cloud9: Nice work. Both of you. :rotfl2: ;)

Thanks Lisa!!! :lovestruc The homebirth is something I seem to have a nitch for...or so I've been told!

Karen, what a beautiful picture of the new mom and new baby. :goodvibes

Thanks! I wish I could share more, but lots of them are a little personal to the mama! :)

I just found your report and read it all! What a great report!! I enjoyed the pictures too. I am in Missouri also but closer to KC. We have thought about driving too but your report makes me think I am right in the thought that flying is the way to go.

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your TR! Thanks for sharing!

:banana: I'm glad you liked the pictures. I think they're funny too, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to just have a nice picture with everyone smiling!

So here I am, at 10:30 on Saturday night and my plans consist of reading another chapter in your trip report. Is this sad for me, or flattering for you? :surfweb: Change that coffee to another delicious beverage, and that's me.

Did the girls pick out what they wanted on their shirts, or did you just surprise them? I love them either way!

My 2 year old would kill for that skirt Savannah is wearing. She LOVES zebras. It's super weird, but she had a bonding moment with Rapunzel and Flynn Rider on our last trip over the fact that zebras do not neigh, but instead say "baa".

I love EE. Although I swear you go upside-down when you go backwards. My 5 year old (J.J.) is terrified of it. He's scared of the yeti. The other day he was telling my 2 year old that all of the characters in the rides are statues and they aren't real, so you don't have to be afraid of them. My husband heard him, and said, "So why are you afraid of the yeti if he's not real?" and J.J. turned to him with a deadpan expression and said, "...because of the roar." I've tried to explain that the yeti is always broken. In fact, the last time I rode it, he wasn't even there, the strobe lights were pointing at an empty wall. Can't win him over.

Your memory card being full is horrible! I hope there are still tons of pictures in this update! I've been there, deleting pictures in the park. It is not good!

You apparently went at the wrong time. Even though it was the right time by all standards. :confused: I have never seen crowds like that in that part of AK!

I'm so happy that the girls don't think they're too old to pose with the characters. :cool2: Cute pictures, and I like that the characters noticed Savannah's nails and hair!

Wow, I didn't realize that you could see all that from EE! Is that ToT? It has to be, since I can see the earful tower as well!

EE always makes me want to get some prayer flags. Am I the only one? :hippie:

That is super sweet about Valentine's day. Did he eat all 12 cupcakes himself? :rotfl2:

Oh I love the boardwalk. When DH and I were 16 we took a trip to Disney with our moms (which was HORRIBLE, mostly) and the one time we got time to ourselves we went to the boardwalk and walked around. I'm sentimentally attached to that place. :cloud9:

It's exciting that they had vegan pitas! We went to disney with my friend who is vegan and that was her one complaint, no bread without dairy!

Aww, I never want it to end either. Why does time fly by so quickly at disney???

I just found your report and read it all! What a great report!! I enjoyed the pictures too. I am in Missouri also but closer to KC. We have thought about driving too but your report makes me think I am right in the thought that flying is the way to go.

I'm sure some people can drive with no problem, you would think we could since my husband is a truck driver...but having an older vehicle really is what makes it more difficult, just too many mechanical issues with older vehicles!

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your TR! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!

:banana: I'm glad you liked the pictures. I think they're funny too, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to just have a nice picture with everyone smiling!

Well, me too, and having teenagers, I can say that it is VERY difficult to get my whole family smiling. They think they are looking "cool" but they just end up looking mad! :rolleyes:

So here I am, at 10:30 on Saturday night and my plans consist of reading another chapter in your trip report. Is this sad for me, or flattering for you? :surfweb: Change that coffee to another delicious beverage, and that's me.

VERY flattering to me! :lovestruc

Did the girls pick out what they wanted on their shirts, or did you just surprise them? I love them either way!

They picked them out months in advance and I worked on them here and there, building up to the trip.

My 2 year old would kill for that skirt Savannah is wearing. She LOVES zebras. It's super weird, but she had a bonding moment with Rapunzel and Flynn Rider on our last trip over the fact that zebras do not neigh, but instead say "baa".

Savannah LOVES that skirt, I actually bought it in 2009 and she wore it that trip and this trip! It's elastic on the waist and will still fit her for a while! I got it custom made on ebay!

I love EE. Although I swear you go upside-down when you go backwards. My 5 year old (J.J.) is terrified of it. He's scared of the yeti. The other day he was telling my 2 year old that all of the characters in the rides are statues and they aren't real, so you don't have to be afraid of them. My husband heard him, and said, "So why are you afraid of the yeti if he's not real?" and J.J. turned to him with a deadpan expression and said, "...because of the roar." I've tried to explain that the yeti is always broken. In fact, the last time I rode it, he wasn't even there, the strobe lights were pointing at an empty wall. Can't win him over.

:lmao: the ROAR. Too cute! It's definitely my favorite ride, although RnRc is a close 2nd!

Your memory card being full is horrible! I hope there are still tons of pictures in this update! I've been there, deleting pictures in the park. It is not good!

luckily I take LOTS of duplicate shots, (mostly b/c I want the sharpest of the few that I take) so that made it easier to delete a few!

You apparently went at the wrong time. Even though it was the right time by all standards. :confused: I have never seen crowds like that in that part of AK!

I'm still puzzling over it, I guess my expectations will be different from now on, I don't think I'll ever believe in a low crowd time again!

I'm so happy that the girls don't think they're too old to pose with the characters. :cool2: Cute pictures, and I like that the characters noticed Savannah's nails and hair!

Yes, I LOVE that Savannah still wants to get pics with the characters! Hopefully she won't EVER grow out of that! :lovestruc

Wow, I didn't realize that you could see all that from EE! Is that ToT? It has to be, since I can see the earful tower as well!

EE always makes me want to get some prayer flags. Am I the only one? :hippie:

I actually went out and bought prayer flags after my FIRST trip to WDW! I still have them and have added more! I cannot find a good pic of them right now, but you can see them in this picture of my friend's son, in the background.

Milo6months073.jpg

That is super sweet about Valentine's day. Did he eat all 12 cupcakes himself? :rotfl2:

No, he doesn't eat sugary stuff most of the time (unless on vacation) so he bought them JUST for the rings and threw out the cupcakes!!!!!!! :lmao:

Oh I love the boardwalk. When DH and I were 16 we took a trip to Disney with our moms (which was HORRIBLE, mostly) and the one time we got time to ourselves we went to the boardwalk and walked around. I'm sentimentally attached to that place. :cloud9:

I love it too!

It's exciting that they had vegan pitas! We went to disney with my friend who is vegan and that was her one complaint, no bread without dairy!

I'm not sure if they have them everywhere, they didn't offer any to me at Boma, so I was pleasantly surprised at Kouzzina!

Aww, I never want it to end either. Why does time fly by so quickly at disney???

I guess at least it gives us more Disney to look forward to! I'm already pretty excited about my BFF Birthday trip next year! :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. Your pictures were awesome. I loved the illuminations at epcot, those were my favorite pictures.
That sucks that you had to deal with issues with your car but thankfully u made it home safe :)
Reading your trip report definately helps keep the magic in mind when you have a trip that is far away. Thanks :)

Another amazing photo of mom and precious baby! Congratulations and thanks so much for answering my questions on the camera.

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. Your pictures were awesome. I loved the illuminations at epcot, those were my favorite pictures.
That sucks that you had to deal with issues with your car but thankfully u made it home safe :)
Reading your trip report definately helps keep the magic in mind when you have a trip that is far away. Thanks :)

Thanks! I also love reading TR's to keep the magic alive while I'm waiting for the next trip! :thumbsup2

Another amazing photo of mom and precious baby! Congratulations and thanks so much for answering my questions on the camera.

Thank you and you're welcome! :goodvibes

So, I didn't get to bed until late, and then we lost an hour, and my kids were up at the crack of dawn. Needless to say, I should probably be in bed at this point, because I was falling asleep standing up all day, but I've been thinking about your TR all week and I couldn't handle going another day without reading more! :goodvibes

So, onward, to your DHS day!

The new RD looks much nicer. I don't care for crowds.

It's hard when you're in the "happiest place on earth" and everyone isn't happy! :hug: It's easy to let things spiral out of control, I think. All the expectation that's hung on those few days of vacation!

I thought that show in front of the hat was on a movable stage. It was in October! I don't like the idea of a permanent stage there. I noticed it in your first picture of the day, but I didn't think anything of it. Hmm.

How exciting that you did the drawing class! I want to do it, but with two little kids, it would not happen. There would be lots of screaming and throwing of pencils if I tried to make them sit for that, and I'm not into torturing my children. Great job, by the way!

:lmao: about what TOT looked like to you. My friend told me that they took their newly four year old on it on their last trip, and after the ride he said he didn't like it because of the lightening. She was like, "What? The lightening? There are freakin' ghosts two feet from you and you're afraid of the lightening?" :rotfl:

Nothing like riding with a stranger to keep you from freaking out on a ride! :laughing:

Oh I'm so glad that you split up and had a fun afternoon. You never need someone bringing you down at Disney! I have a park-commando husband who has never understood that when a cranky baby needs to leave the park, they NEED to leave because he/she will ruin it for the rest of us. He has a little sickness I like to call "just one more ride...".

LOVE those cupcakes!!! What a good use of a snack credit!

Oh my. I am so worried about your car. We are the kind of people who vacation with no money for car repair, so I understand! ;)

Ooh, flashmob! I love it!

I don't think I've seen the DHS parade, but it looks cute!

Dinner looks delicious! Mmm, I think I might be drooling a little.

Aww, :hug: for your meltdown-self. Vacation is a lot of pressure sometimes! Especially when you've been saving up for it for so long!

Oh, I LOVE the pictures of the girls in the fountain. I'm so glad that they did that! I remember being 11 and desperately wanting to just be a little girl but feeling like I couldn't because I was supposed to be more "grown up". It's a hard age, and I'm so happy that you have that moment to remember! :lovestruc

That's a lot of loot! :lmao: Shopping has a way of making a girl happy...

I'm so glad the day ended on such a good note. I hope to be back soon to read more!

I just found your exact trip report and I am enjoying it! My hubby is the exact same way--he never wants to leave the parks--ever--we can sleep at home!

I just finished reading your TR and absolutely LOVED it! It was so fantastically written! I'm going to WDW for the first time in August 2013, with a few good friends and I've been reading TRs like mad to keep me from going crazy with the long wait until we leave for the World. Yours was so entertaining, that I think I may even read it again! :laughing: Your pictures are absolutely fantastic too! Thanks for taking the time to write up a TR! :)

I just finished reading your TR and absolutely LOVED it! It was so fantastically written! I'm going to WDW for the first time in August 2013, with a few good friends and I've been reading TRs like mad to keep me from going crazy with the long wait until we leave for the World. Yours was so entertaining, that I think I may even read it again! :laughing: Your pictures are absolutely fantastic too! Thanks for taking the time to write up a TR! :)

Thank you so much!!! I loved it too...I wish I could just do TR's all the time, but that would require trips and I'm thinking I cannot afford enough trips to continually write them! :lmao:

I do have a PTR, but it's just not the same...changing my plans all the time, posting about mundane daily stuff, it's just not the same as a trip! Good thing I only have 29 days and then Rey & I have an Anniversary trip! It will be a much shorter TR, since it's only going to be 3 days, but I will definitely be writing one! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter