• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Are you crazy? 4 trips in less than a year" A DLRP dreamers dream!

thelittlemermaid83

<font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome
Your probably wondering why I'm posting this on the TR section here and not the DLRP section, but i thought that some people who havent been to Disneyland Paris might want to read my trip report and who knows may even decide to visit there.

Cast-Me :stitch2: (Emma) 25- Huge Disney addict, every day is a Disney day in our home.

DSC00241-1.jpg

DDprincess: (Kyra) 2- Loves Minnie and aspires to be like Belle

kyranew-1.jpg

DB :genie: (Chris) 27- Not that bothered about Disney, but thinks Aladdin is ace.
DFSIL :flower: (Chris's Fiance Lynn) 28- Claims she has dreamed about going to Disney since she was little but isn't interested in the characters :o

snow.jpg

(This could be a bit of a ramble so i apologise now, i've never done a pre-trippy)

Some History.
Since i was knee high i have loved Disney films, Bambi was my first Disney experience and to say since watching that film i never looked back. I remember the day my Father told us we was going to WDW, I don't think as a 9 year old i could have ever been more excited. My family were never really "Disney" people so to be told i was going to the place where dreams come true really was a dream come true. I think back and i can still remember all the fun things we did, we didnt do all the rides as my brother was in a wheelchair as we went a 2 months after he had a pacemaker fitted and my parents have never been thrill seekers. I was so sad when the 2 weeks was over and i always remember my Dad promising me that one day we would be back.....

Me and my Brother when we was little on holiday in Spain
babyus.jpg

Rewind to 2004 and i went back to the magic not with my family but with someone who i thought was my friend (found out he had deeper intentions on the trip). He had come into some money and decided he wanted to go on holiday but had nobody to go with (i can now see why) and asked me if i wanted to go. Now at this time i had been signed off my work sick with what they thought was bi-polar so there was no-way i would of been able to afford to go on holiday. So i was really shocked when he offered to take me WDW. It wasn't until we got there that he declared he "hated" everything Disney.:headache: Now this is not what a hard core loving Disney fan wants to hear while walking up Main Street trying to hold back tears. From that moment on i just couldn't actually stand to be near him, he spend the whole 2 weeks ruining what was meant to be a magical trip for me. I know he paid for the trip but he moaned about EVERYTHING. :mad: I remember every day ringing my mum saying i couldnt wait to be home..... Well to cut a long story short we came home where he said he only took me away to try and make me go out with him, i was mortified. After that i didnt hear from him again.

Now here I am 2008 with a beautiful little girl :cutie: who i can share my love of Disney with. I had decided on taking her to Disneyland Paris last year, alot of people tried to put me off saying it was "rubbish" compared to WDW and how i would hate it. Well how wrong was they???

Our first trip in January this year was magical and amazing and DD adored everything about it. It rained and poured and i swear it took my toes a month to recover from frost bite lol. I took my parents and my Dad had a ball i have never seen the man smile so much and he even nearly cried, mum on the other hand didnt cope so well with the cold weather but im sure deep down she was having magical moments lol. 5 days went so fast and the night i came home i was already planning another trip for September.

Kyra the 1st time she saw Tigger.
CNV00019.jpg

.]Kyra and Minnie dancing in Cafe Mickey, another magical moment for me
150.jpg

Little did i know that we would have 2 more trips before our September trip.......

To be continued.....

I'm all for impulse, (I've now been told i have obsessive personality disorder) when i see a bargain i don't think before i act. So in March i was so depressed i missed DLRP so much that even hearing "Just like we dreamed it" had me in floods of tears. I decided to look on the Eurostar website and see how much the trains was costing (we live 2hrs away from the magic) and i saw that for the day i could get a ticket for £85, now i usually only pay £65 for a ticket but i was so desperate to go back next thing i knew i was typing in my credit card details and looking on Ebay for a 1 day 2 park hopper.
Everyone thought i was crazy (except my lovely DIS pals on the DLP forum) my friends said i possibly couldnt of loved it that much. So there was me and DD on the 5th of March in DLP for a maxium of 5 hours. She loved it, i loved it, we had a ball...But it made my desperation to go back sooner even worse.

I had to go back so i came home and booked a 1 night stay, i was supposed to go with my friend Louise but in the end i took DD as Louise basically told me that just because i had already been we had to do everything she wanted to do. That ticked me off, i like to plan and make sure i see everything not ride ToT all day. To me Disney is more than just rides, she sadly didnt understand that.

So now its only 28 days till our 4 night 5 day stay in the Cheyenne with my Brother and his Fiance, we are sharing a room which is going to be tricky but it worked out a hell of a lot cheaper for us to share. I'm so excited, but I am worried about money. These trips are expensive and being a single mum with not a lot of money is hard. I have some fun things booked for DD on this trip and she is equally excited as I am about the Princess lunch i have booked for us at Auberge De Cendrillion. We also have a character dinner booked in the Disneyland Hotel and at Cafe Mickey which we do love. Its so much fun in there and a bit like Chef Mickey except this is a table service meal.

I have a list of things i would like to achieve on this trip and that is....
1-Getting a picture with myself on a empty Main Street (wish me luck for that one)
2-Finally getting to meet Jasmine (she is my favourite princess and the last 3 times we have been we have only seen her on the parade)
3-Getting a Birthday card signed from as many characters as possibly without DD seeing as its her Birthday in the middle of October.
4-Having a conversation in French with a CM. (i'm not holding out much hope for this)
5-Doing my first pin trade.
6-Going on IASW, its my favourite in WDW and i havent managed to do this ride in DLP yet.

I hope you don't mind sharing the excitement with you all, and i hope you welcome a DLP pre trippy on the boards.

Coming up the full Disney schedule :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter