Are you a TRUE Disney fan??

I hope I never have to go back. It has nothing to do with Disney vs Universal, they're completely different, but I've had far too many horrible experiences at US and IOA...
EDIT:: I also don't overly enjoy the parks. I'll stick with ToT and RnRc being teh most "thrilling" rides.. I don't "do" roller coasters that go up at an 87 degree angle, or have lots of loops.. loops tend to make me nausious (spelled wrong, I know) when I can see them.

I am a TRUE Disney fan! I had to go to Universal (I didn't have a choice) and I had to comment on everything like "WOW, it's like a rip off Disney." They have pin trading too, but i think it's stupid. They are Disney wannabees

I see myself as a true disney fan and for the most part I would not want to waste my time down there anywhere other than the parks. But since the opening of WWoHP and me being the super total freak out HP fan that I am, I do want to go to Universal eventually to be able to live my dream of living in the world of HP.

when I last went to WDW we loved disney too much and we were actually going to go to US but we never got round to it because everytime we were going to we thought 'we don't have much time left here so let's make the most of it' and that's why we never did go.:upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

Yes I am a TRUE DISNEY fan. I have been to universal studios but didnt ride any of the rides we just went because there is a hard rock cafe there and my dad collects mugs from there so everywhere we go if there is a hard rock cafe near we go!

I don't see how liking/going to another theme park besides Disney doesn't make you a 100% true fan.

I've grown up with Disney. Both my parents worked at Disney as I was growing up. When I was baby, I was taken to Disney a lot. My Dad ended up working at Universal and he took me there a lot as well. I actually think I remember more of my Universal time when I was younger than I do my Disney time. My Mom later quit working at Disney and my Dad went back to Disney and quit working at Universal.

I used to be a complete wimp when I was younger, so I didn't like much of what Universal had to offer. I do remember my Dad taking me on some of their more intense rides when I was little and crying sometimes and being happy on other rides. So that's why I preferred Disney back then. Nowadays, I like thrill rides as well.

Whenever family comes to visit, they want to go to Disney. So do many of my friends at school. So I go with them to Disney when they're around. Sure, maybe I'd like to go to Disney more, but it's a 21 minute drive and I have to have either my mom or dad there to be able to get in. So that's part of why I choose Universal over Disney. Universal's closer and I just have to be dropped off to be able to get in by myself. I love the shows at Universal (I've just never gotten into any of the shows at Disney...) and I've made friends with some of the people that work there so it just makes the experience feel a bit different for me. It's nice going somewhere and being recognized.

So I've grown up with the best of both worlds.

Disney and Universal have nothing against each other. I know plenty of people who work at both or work at one and travel to the other. Nobody has issues with the other.

I like both of them and if I'm not considered a 'true' Disney fan, oh well. :)

I went to Universal Studios and IOA back in 2007... I wouldnt say I hated it but it just doesnt have the Disney feel to it... I dont like proper rollercoasters so went on hardly any rides... The Mummy was about the only one I actually enjoyed but the effects were not that good and I could see the floor the whole way round which really ruined it for me.

I find the parks just don't have the same sort of atmosphere as the Disney parks do... I enjoy just walking around the Disney parks, watching the shows, eating, shopping and just being there but I feel like you have to do stuff at Universal for it to be fun. I did see the nighttime show which was a bit like Illuminations with the Universal Globe on the water with clips of lots of movies... it was okay but not a patch on what Disney do.

I would never say to anyone not to go there and I will go back one day espicially now WWOHP is there but I personally don't like it, but I don't think its a problem for anyone to like both Disney and Universal because they really are very different.

i'm just gonna throw out there that i think you can love universal and it doesn't take away from your love for disney. that's ridiculous to think someone who likes universal doesn't like disney as much as someone who doesn't like universal.
i've loved disney since before i could talk, but i also loved universal (the park, the films they make, etc.) since the same time so they both mean a lot to me.

i'm just gonna throw out there that i think you can love universal and it doesn't take away from your love for disney. that's ridiculous to think someone who likes universal doesn't like disney as much as someone who doesn't like universal.
i've loved disney since before i could talk, but i also loved universal (the park, the films they make, etc.) since the same time so they both mean a lot to me.
::yes::

I've always found Disney and Universal two different experiences, and I enjoy both as much as each other. Both cater to two different factors for me.

I am a TRUE Disney fan and I have never been to US. It really doesn't appeal to me. Disney has set such a high standard, that I think I would be dissapointed with US. So, I agree with you 100%!:goodvibes
i agree thats what im trying get pass my sister!

My whole reason to make this that WDW and US do have something against each other and i think, in my opion, that a true Disney fan should never go, unless you live in the state of Florida and nvm **** it true disney fan should ALWAYS go to Disney. if you have your own opion i am willing to listen and maybe, just maybe; you can sway me,but i doubt it. :thanks::disrocks:

i only go down to florida (i live in ny) to visit like every other year. So you better believe that i would never waste my time any other place than disney. i always wondered how people could go to unversal when disney is rigt there lol. but that's jut me.

i agree thats what im trying get pass my sister!

When my wife and I got married we went to Disney for our honeymoon. We weren't Disney "fans" at the time, but wanted to do something out of the ordinary. We went to WD and US, but wished we had just gone to Disney. Yes, there are more thrill rides at US but overall, there is just something lacking at their parks. That was our one (and likely last) time at US and we've been going to Disney ever since.

We feel the same way about SeaWorld, not to mention they took out the best part of the park - the free beer samples.

I love Universal. But for different reasons. It's more of a Six Flags to me, I love it because of all the thrill rides.

But just because I enjoy Universal, doesn't make me any less of a "true Disney fan." There's nothing wrong with liking both...

My whole reason to make this that WDW and US do have something against each other and i think, in my opion, that a true Disney fan should never go, unless you live in the state of Florida and nvm **** it true disney fan should ALWAYS go to Disney. if you have your own opion i am willing to listen and maybe, just maybe; you can sway me,but i doubt it. :thanks::disrocks:

No they do not have anything against each other. Disney does infact own Marvel and if Disney had ANY "beef" with Universal they would be getting all Marvel attractions/shows/characters out of Universal and possibly into Walt Disney World. So before you doubt my love for Disney PLEASE do not say i shouldn't like or visit Universal Studios. Sometimes Universal is BETTER than Disney World. Especially when your tired of pixie dust and need some thrills and chills.
-steps off soapbox-

We, as humans, can love more than one thing at the same time. I would consider myself a true disney fan, having been on vacation there at least once each year. We go there all the time. Also, I would consider myself a huge Harry Potter fan. In July, I went to IoA to visit the Wizarding World and it was the most awesome thing. The attention to detail was just as good as Disney's and everything looked incredible. I ended up having a great time there and in other themed sections of the park. There is a section there for younger children as well and it has the thrill rides and roller coasters for adults and kids.

They are both equally amazing and do a wonderful job of entertaining their guests. True fans of Disney can go to Universal because they are different places that have different rides and activities.

the hell?
you don't know me so don't tell me i'm not a true disney fan.

No they do not have anything against each other. Disney does infact own Marvel and if Disney had ANY "beef" with Universal they would be getting all Marvel attractions/shows/characters out of Universal and possibly into Walt Disney World. So before you doubt my love for Disney PLEASE do not say i shouldn't like or visit Universal Studios. Sometimes Universal is BETTER than Disney World. Especially when your tired of pixie dust and need some thrills and chills.
-steps off soapbox-

We, as humans, can love more than one thing at the same time. I would consider myself a true disney fan, having been on vacation there at least once each year. We go there all the time. Also, I would consider myself a huge Harry Potter fan. In July, I went to IoA to visit the Wizarding World and it was the most awesome thing. The attention to detail was just as good as Disney's and everything looked incredible. I ended up having a great time there and in other themed sections of the park. There is a section there for younger children as well and it has the thrill rides and roller coasters for adults and kids.

They are both equally amazing and do a wonderful job of entertaining their guests. True fans of Disney can go to Universal because they are different places that have different rides and activities.

^ all of this.

I've been to Universal, I've done two days of it. One day for each park. We did it seperately from Disney, during a week when we were staying offsite (we stayed offsite the first ... 10 days? 12 days? and then went to Disney, and then on a cruise). I did not like Universal Studios, the rides were not for me. They were mostly more intense rides, and they weren't really anything I was like OMG I REMEMBER THAT FROM WHEN I WAS LITTLE. The stuff there, my parents would have been like 'Oh yeah, I remember that movie... it was alright.'
Island of Adventure was awesome. There was a good mix of faster rides and slow rides, and it was a fun cartoony environment. I love love Pop-Eye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges. It's the best raft ride I've been on. I mean Kali is alright, but it's shorter and you don't get as wet. I kind of hated Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls tho... that was just... ugh.

I can't say the parks were anything special that I felt I needed to go back for. I mean, I will go back for Harry Potter some day, but other than that... meh. I'm not a ride person. I like to go see shows, and Disney puts on a good show. They're top notch. They KNOW live entertainment.
Unfortunately, I feel no pull to go back to Disney anytime soon either. I think when I went when I was 12, it was big, it was new and it was my childhood. The last time I went, it was still big, but it wasn't new for me anymore. I got hot, tired, cranky, and annoyed at the prices of meals. It turned me off. I felt cheap. It was a bad feeling. Maybe it's because I was staying offsite, I don't know. Maybe that might have made a difference. But I think it's just my getting older. Anyhoo, long story short, I still love Disney. I love the movies. But I won't be going back for at least another 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter