Are we there yet???

HailtotheVictors

Mouseketeer
So I didn't think I would be more excited than my wife about our first trip to Disney(and the Fort) but I think my excitement has started to irritate her...lol. She is very excited too however.
So, when is too early to start a trip report? We are leaving on the 9th(next week and spending two days in Destin before arriving on the 12th at the Fort. I'm guessing loading the RV etc is not all that exciting or interesting so I guess I will have to wait. Just ready to get this trip started!!!

I typically start a pre-trip report about a month out. I just update and joke about getting things ready and packed in. I usually start my official report when I arrive. Others kinda mix the two together and it works out real well. I believe it was Snowmedic who posted some pics from Destin this past November just before moving on to the Fort. Worked out real well and gave us some great beach shots. I did something similar in my pre-trip report when we went down to Destin for my sister's wedding 2 weeks before we left for the Fort.

I guess anytime is a good time. Just make sure the report doesn't take away from the vacation. We kinda go by an unwritten rule that it vacation first, post when you can.

Good advice. I'm not expecting the report to be all that close to "real time". Hopefully once we arrive I can update it in the evenings after winding down or maybe while my son is napping. We will see how it goes.
Maybe I will throw a few pics in this weekend while loading the RV. My wife has what appears to be a 10 page bound list of everything I better not forget to load!

Oh, you got lucky if it's just 10 pages. By the time you leave it will be 20.

Ha. Most of our camping trips are usually only a few days and the list is not too bad....The week long trips start to get a little crazy on the what to bring front. She usually over does everything but is very well organized which helps me out.
I did notice a large pile of stuff near the front door this morning that I assume is the beginning of the pile that will go to the RV this weekend.

Can't wait another trip report and pics, yes. Started our TR 44 days out and carried right thru until we returned with pictures. Worked out pretty well, i believe.

You are only 8 days out and you haven't started a pre-TR yet? You are so far behind the bar...:wave:

Actually, don't do anything special for us. We will just be anxiously waiting for the next post to get or Fort fix.

We used to over pack too. Then we came to the conclusion that there is a WalMart within 30 minutes of everywhere. We also learned that if you didn't remember to bring it, you may not really need it.

Have fun getting ready and check in here with am update when you can.

j

HttV,

Given the way we are going, I don't think there is any time period that is too soon for a pre-trip report. :rolleyes1

So any time you are ready to fire it up, we're ready to follow along. :surfweb: If you want to keep it going while you are at the Fort and morph it into a live trip report, great. It requires some time so don't knock yourself out just for us (I'm kidding only a little :lmao:).

I appreciate the heads-up that you've given me so I can select the appropriate popcorn/in/watching along GIF to use in your thread.

So to answer you're thread title question, "You're getting really close".

Bama Ed

Hah! You are leaving home and arriving at the Fort on the same day as us. I started my first trip report too. Where are you guys driving from?

we will be making our second trip this june driving form houston! I am crazy excited! Maybe more excited than our kids :) This year we are traveling with friends, both of us pulling travel trailers(we pulled ours last time too). This will be our friends first trip to disney so excited to share it disney and the forth with them! Do you guys make a stop over on the drive?

we will be making our second trip this june driving form houston! I am crazy excited! Maybe more excited than our kids :) This year we are traveling with friends, both of us pulling travel trailers(we pulled ours last time too). This will be our friends first trip to disney so excited to share it disney and the forth with them! Do you guys make a stop over on the drive?

We are driving from home straight to Destin. Original plans had us stopping a little sooner but we decided to drive through to Destin and meet up with some family who will be there during the week.
Are you guys stopping along the way?

We are driving from home straight to Destin. Original plans had us stopping a little sooner but we decided to drive through to Destin and meet up with some family who will be there during the week.
Are you guys stopping along the way?

We did last year in tallahassee but we aren't this year- other than an extended breakfast break in the morning. We are driving it over night and husbands in both families are night shift police officers so that's when they are used to being awake.

I've made the drive houston to ft. walton beach(just before destin) a handful of times as my brother used to live there. Always drove that one straight through. You should have no problem and I love the part of the drive as you come into florida around pensacola and on down to destin!

YOu are Going to love WDW and the fort!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter