Are we the only family that never makes a PS before arriving in Florida!

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We have never made a PS before arriving in Florida and apart from last August (just after hurricane Charley-when things weren't quite up and running properly) have never had any trouble getting the PS's we want. Now true having 2 boys we don't want the Cinderella's Breakfast - well Mummy would but can't se DH, and DS's 13 & 9 wanting it, but we have dined all over wdw - parks and resorts, making the reservations within a couple of days of wanting them. :earsgirl:

Every time we go to Disney World we are a family of 12. So we don't have that option. Now, I will say we have a "tentative" PS arrangements when we get there, and adjust according to what we feel for the next day. Also, we go to japan around 4 times, we usually wait and see when we feel like going there.
Another reason we enjoy having a "plan", is we like planning!!!!!!!!!! That is part of the fun for me. :)
But, if "winging it" works for you then I think that is great!

We normally don't make PS arrangements. We have tried just about every eating venue we've wanted to try and now we just pretty much wing it. If we visited during Christmas season on mid-summer, we would probably not chance doing that. We've never really had any problems beyond perhaps a slight wait or we just try our second choice. Doing this pretty much saves us from "having" to eat a heavier meal when we would prefer eating on the run or just grabbing a quick sandwich (or Dole Whip!) :earboy2:

We usually go in the summer, and for the last few summers have not made any ahead of time.
That being said, I will be making one for 4th of July for dinner this year. :blush:

We LIVE in Kissimmee. We Moved back to Central Florida in November after three years away. We NEVER made PS. Always knew just when to go and never had a problem getting in. Things seem different now, especially for character meals. I think maybe they used to leave a certain number of tables open for walk-ins, but not anymore. We can't just decide at the last minute to head over to Crystal Palace for dinner anymore :sad2: ---It's probably saving us a bundle though, having to plan ahead ;)

Aimee K :sunny:

That being said I usually will make one or two for character meals or "special" dinners. The last trip we did in February it was very crowded because of the superbowl being in Jacksonville but the only thing I did was call in the morning while we were waiting for the car to be brought around and make PS for lunch or dinner. Didn't have a problem getting in at a reasonable time anywhere (we were a party of 6).

The only PS we make are when we get onsite and so far have had no problems. We do call many months ahead for HOOP-DEE-DOO but that is a ticketed dinner show so I don't count that...smjj

We always make PSs for every night we are there. The one and only time I did not we could not get in anywhere and wound up eating at Cape May and still had to wait over an hour - and this was in November! Not that there is anything inherently wrong with Cape May; I know many people love the place, but I despise buffets so I was not happy. I always make PSs now. Truthfully, sometimes I wish we had the flexibility to 'wing it', but I'm afraid to do that because having a nice relaxing meal each night is too important to us to risk having to eat at a buffet or counter service.

We don't make PSs. If we know where we want to eat before we leave our room in the morning, we call then. Sometimes we will make a PS while we're at a park. I can only remember not getting our first choice of restaurants one time. We eat very late and generally only eat at WS or DTD places.

These insane planners drive me nuts. I usually don't even make a PS until the morning of the day a plan to dine. I am all about spontaneity. I don't know what I want for dinner tonight, let alone on vacation in six months. I leave for WDW Friday and I don't have a single PS made. You're on vacation, relax. :goodvibes

We usually don't make a PS until the day before we want to eat whereever. But we're very flexible with times so it's not really a problem. Last time my dad wanted to go to 50s prime time so we called and they had a PS for 2:30. We took that and had lunch so it wasn't a problem. Then we just ate again later in the evening back at our resort. We don't plan which parks we're going to visit that early either, though, so it's hard to say where we'll be on which day until the night before when we decide.

tricia.

I have yet to make a PS! We never have a problem. Hope I can say the same for our next trip in May!

We only ever make PSs for places we really want to eat at on a particular day (such as V&A's for my brother's 40th birthday and again for my birthday last July; Jiko when it first opened; and some potentially difficult to get such as California Grill and Emeril's at CityWalk). Other than that we book on the day, or sometimes the day before. We've never had a problem, but we're pretty flexible about times.

If you go the week between Christmas & New Year's you had better make PSs before you arrive at WDW. Generally, we make our PSs at least two days prior if we are really intent on eating at a specific restaurant. If you don't care, & a drumbstick-off-the-cart & some McD fries will suffice, don't bother with PSs. By the way, in case you aren't up on this, WDW business is picking up big time. Orlando remains #1 tourist destination in USA -- & guess where most everyone is headed! Non-planners should expect to take a second-or-third dining choice (or hour). Walk-ins are going to have increasing challenges!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter