Are we rushing things? Maybe, but that's just us | May 2022 PTR (Updated 6/9)

22 Days!

We have 22 days until our trip! I honestly didn't know it was that close until I just looked up how many days until our departure day, Saturday, May 21. I can honestly say that I'm surprised we're like only 3 weeks away from the trip. I guess that makes sense considering that my graduation is only 2 weeks away. But everything is so close yet so far.

One thing that has happened, just today actually, is that I bought the Stitch Crashes series that was released today on the shopDisney website. I hadn't actually seen the previous releases, but just stumbled upon the new one, which just so happened to be Mulan, my favorite movie. Stitch is my favorite character, so obviously I had to get the collection since it's a combination of my two favorite things! I wasn't sure what to expect with the drop, I didn't know if it would sell out quickly, so my sisters and I woke up this morning in an attempt to get it right after it dropped. Both of them work, so they were both at work when it dropped and me, currently residing in a college dorm, simply had to wake up at 9:30am. Yes, I'm a grad student and living in a dorm, but I'm an RA here.

Anyway, the first younger sister was able to get into the site first and we were able to buy all three items, the Stitch plush, the Magic Band, and the pin. There are white shirts with the Stitch design and mugs, but since I don't really wear the color white (I'm always afraid to get it dirty) and also don't really use mugs, I skipped on those. Also, I don't collect pins, but I liked it enough and I'll probably keep it somewhere to showcase. The last time I looked, they were still available on the website, but as I stated, I just didn't know what it would be like. When I got on this morning, it told me that there was over 10,000 people ahead of me, at least for the website. When I tried the shopDisney app, it had that number at like 18,000, so I was a little concerned that they would sell out since I really wanted the print.

Since I was able to get the Magic Band, I'm going to use that as the Magic Band for my trip. Let's just hope I don't forget to pack it! For the rest of my family, the last time we looked, the selection wasn't good online. I don't know if anyone has looked since, but I think they're starting to think about possibly just getting them when we get there. We'll probably head to Disney Springs the first night we arrive and if they don't find ones there they like, then we also have Magic Kingdom the first day and I'm sure there's some sort of variety there. The one thing we do forgo by doing that, besides the half off resort pricing, is the chance to have our names inside of them. But I'd rather have a design I like then settle for one just for the sake of having my name in it. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about having this Stitch and Mulan collaboration Magic Band.

Other than that, I'm starting to write down a packing list and thinking about things that I possibly might need. This trip is coming up faster than I thought and with graduation happening only a week before, we'll only have around a week to make sure we have everything and to start packing and gathering. It seems like a lot of time but I definitely know with my family, we'll probably mess it up somewhere along the line. We'll probably miss something important if we don't start thinking about these things now. One thing I do want to possibly look for is more Disney shirts. I, surprisingly, have a lack of Disney themed shirts in my wardrobe that aren't long-sleeved, so I may need to be on the hunt for some more.

But things are starting to come together and I'm happy about that. Potential crowds still have me kind of worried about what it'll be like, but I'm not trying to worry about it too much. We're already committed and we've been during December/Christmas season pre-COVID, so I can only imagine that if we managed to survive those times, and had a great time, even when we didn't utilize FP+, then I'm sure this time might not feel that much different. We just have to know what we're going into, what to expect.

Subscribing since I'll be there at the same time! Arriving the 18th, checking out the 29th -- and I'm at the Pop, which is right next door to Art of Animation. Hello neighbors. I wish I had realized about the GOTG opening earlier because I didn't know either when I scheduled my parks. I'm frustrated because I booked HS on opening day the 27th and did not realize it was opening day. I'd have picked another park where it won't be as crowded (since HS seems like it always fills up first and everyone who couldn't get into Epcot will be there). At least Epcot is big enough to absorb the crowds, so I'd almost rather be there, since I have no interest in GOTG and I bet the lines for everything else won't be as bad.

I have an Oga's reservation on Thursday morning that I'm hanging onto in case something opens up and maybe I can switch and do HS on Thursday and AK on Friday instead.

Last edited:
Subscribing since I'll be there at the same time! Arriving the 18th, checking out the 29th -- and I'm at the Pop, which is right next door to Art of Animation. Hello neighbors. I wish I had realized about the GOTG opening earlier because I didn't know either when I scheduled my parks. I'm frustrated because I booked HS on opening day the 27th and did not realize it was opening day. I'd have picked another park where it won't be as crowded (since HS seems like it always fills up first and everyone who couldn't get into Epcot will be there). At least Epcot is big enough to absorb the crowds, so I'd almost rather be there, since I have no interest in GOTG and I bet the lines for everything else won't be as bad.

I have an Oga's reservation on Thursday morning that I'm hanging onto in case something opens up and maybe I can switch and do HS on Thursday and AK on Friday instead.
Hello!

For us, I'm not sure if whether we knew or not would really impact what park we went to by the time the 27th rolled around. We may have pushed up Epcot, but like you mentioned, there's also the possibility that Hollywood Studios would be packed from the people who couldn't get into Epcot. Since our Epcot day is on the 26, the day before opening, I do expect for it to be crowded with people who may be hoping for some sort of soft opening. My family also has no interest in the new roller coaster. We'll go on it at some point on a future trip, but we're definitely not the type that need to be on it as soon as it opens. Plus, none of us are really into Marvel besides my almost 3-year-old nephew. Like you, I'm kind of hoping that if everyone is waiting or hanging around attempting to get on the new coaster, it means less people towards the back of the park. However, it's also a holiday weekend, so who knows with that crowd.

My family is planning on doing Magic Kingdom on the 27, so hopefully it won't be that bad. I know MK is a bigger park and crowds are unpredictable, but we definitely will probably be keeping away from Epcot. That is unless my parents are going to the Flower and Garden concert series at night.

We're back!

It has been forever since I was last able to update, but I did want to give an update and say that we are back from our trip, and have been for about 2 weeks now but we had another trip right after that so I wasn't able to really sit down and write about it. However, I have started a trip report thread where I'll detail what we did, to the best of my ability. If you're interested, feel free to check it out here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter