• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there popcorn refills in the parks???

singitalto

<font color=FF66FF>Can't wait to stay at the Beach
Last year we bought a popcorn bucket at MGM with the 100 year logo and all four parks represented on it.
Can you refill the bucket for less $$? (I would assume that they are still selling the design since the 100 year celebration isn't over yet).
Does anyone know?

No, not officially. I have seen CMs refill the decorative (as opposed to paper containers) buckets for folks, but not often and I don't know what the charge is/was.

You can ask, but don't be surprised if you are refused.

Take care and have fun on your trip! :earsboy:

We bought a pail of popcorn outside of The Hall of Presidents in March. I think it was refillable but I can't remember if there was a charge. Once we bought it it was too much to eat anyway.

If they ever give refills out on popcorn, they would lose so much money on me!;) I LOVE popcorn and WDW has the best. Around my house, I only go to movie theatres that have what I consider "good" popcorn! I swear if I ever hit the lottery, I am getting a huhe popcorn maker for my house. (they cost between $300-500).

I prefer to make popcorn on the stovetop, but do the microwave thing when I am in a rush. DH likes microwave better, I think I put too much butter on for him.

I do get the plastic tubs, and you can pour the popcorn into the tub from the paper container. I do this just before we get on the plane. Then we have a snack for the trip back.

Now I want WDW popcorn. Well, the kids are sleeping, I could microwave a bag:)

I'm sure they'd refill it for you. For the same price as the original bucket. ;)

:p

So let me get this straight....you're going to pack a big plastic bucket in your luggage...fly it down to WDW....then lug it around the parks all day, just in hopes to get slightly cheper popcorn??:p :p :p

You can purchase refills of caramel corn at Sleepy Hollow for about $1.25 less than the first bucket. We usually lug an empty bucket with us and get it filled two or three times during our stay. But only when we drive.

Don't remember refills on popcorn though, but we sure could use it because my son is a big popcorn lover.

Gee whiz, pollyanna, such a negative thought for someone named Pollyanna.

Deb & Bill, you are right. It was caramel corn. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

[

Gee whiz, pollyanna, such a negative thought for someone named Pollyanna. [/B][/QUOTE]

I simply have enough to deal with finding somewhere to stash my purse and camera on a ride......hauling around a plastic bucket just seems very cumbersome to me. But ,to each their own,i guess.:smooth:

We are driving to WDW, so we have room. My DH has bad knees, so we take an ECV(and electric scooter) into the parks. I can keep the bucket, which is not THAT big, in the scooter basket. I will probably bring the bucket to put the microwave popcorn in for eating in the room anyway. Thanks for the responses!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter