• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are There Flight Simulator Rides For The Meek?

Coral Reef Diver

Diving The Magic
Our Disney Grandpa wants to try a flight simulator ride this year. Something less wild at a Disney park (not Universal). He has "rode" on the fixed seats of some rides, but wants to share the full experience with his DGD and DGS. He's a healthy senior with good stamina.

Disney doesn't have stationary seats.

Flight of Passage is intense but smooth. There are sudden moves, but they aren't jerky.

Dinosaur and Star Tours are very jerky.

If You had Wings :crazy:

But seriously, if you don't have a time machine to take you back to the 80's MK, I agree with members suggesting Soarin. Its the least intense simulator I have been on and its fun to boot

The easy side of Mission Space, if it's open from its refurb is pretty fun, and definitely doable for just about anyone.

Star Tours isn't jerky to me. We love it and is a GREAT simulator ride.

I agree with Soarin' - it lifts you and then you glide smoothly through the air. No jerky motions and very fund and exhilarating!

Just to note that on Soarin', you do go up in the air in your seat. While you don't fly, those with height perceptions can get a "shudder". It took me at least three trips to get adjusted to being "up high".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter