• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the FP for Flight of Passage still hard to get at your 60 day mark?

Recently booked my FP+ on a rolling 60 day basis for my trip the first two weeks of March. I was on at exactly 7:00AM every day. At 60+1 (the one day I have a throwaway night), there was zero availability for FoP, even for a single person, for Wednesday, March 7. For Sunday, March 11 I was able to get FoP at 6:35PM for a party of 5 (at exactly 60 days). Tried again for Friday, March 16 at exactly 60 days... nothing. So it is possible at 60 days, but still not "easy".

Not to get off topic, but something has drastically changed or shifted this year is seems. January and February seem to be insane this year. There is very nearly nothing available from a rooms standpoint, and from all accounts reports from the parks are that the crowds are just as insane. I know Marathon Week is always busy, and MLK weekend is historically pretty bad. If I recall from last year the Pro Bowl had very little impact, but maybe that has changed this year. I'm also not sure how much impact the Festival of the Arts has? All I know is I had a Waitlist for last week that I created last August and in never came through. I stalked unsuccessfully as well. I have another for Presidents Weekend that I created at the same time. Still waiting...
I'm curious to see how our trip goes. We will be there from Feb 27-March 4. The only day that looks like it will be busy is Saturday and that's expected being the first weekend in March with a dance competition going on. We've been at that time 2 years in a row and love it so I hope it isn't ridiculously busy. I was able to get FPs easily for everything except FOP.

I just book fastpasses this sunday and I had no problem getting a FOP fastpass for 2 days of our trip Easter week. I was able to get a fp for Easter Sunday at 10am and Wednesday April 4 at 10am. I just check and still plenty for both days.

is fastpass availability much less due to that club level option to purchase more fastpasses at 90 days out?

I was on for Easter week this morning right at 7am ET. I got FoP on 60 +3 this morning easily. Morning was already taken but there were plenty past noon and for days further out.

Booked today. We arrive 3/30-4/6. I was able to Book FOP 3/30 at 7:30pm. But switched our AK to 3/31- FOp in afternoon.

That may be the case then which makes me happy for my upcoming trip. I did not mean to offend anyone, just haven't had any luck previously. I still doubt very seriously the availability at 50 days though.
They released a bunch of additional FP for February not too long ago. That's probably how the PP was able to score them.

I could have booked an evening FP on my day one the last week of March, but the earliest I could get for day three was 12:15. I was able to get morning on day four-- 8:55.

I tried to book FoP at my 60 day mark at 6am Central for the day we get back from the cruise at stay at Wilderness for the Night. Zip, zero, nada. We had wanted to do WDW that day and do AK the day before our Cruuse but we were staying in Canaveral the nite before the Cruise so I thought no way FoP would be availible for the 5 days before my 60 day window opening but I checked anyway and boom three times including a 6:30 to 7:30 popped up. I snagged it. It was actually on my preferred AK day that I thought would be impossible. I was kicking myself for not booking AKL as I thought we would be at AK and not WDW while at Wilderness. My plans were salvaged.

On another note, they shold take Test Track or Soarin' off the only one of three list at Epcot. Soarin wait times have come way down since the addition and should be part of the larger basket of FPs. Just goes to show how attraction starved Epcot is. Let's hope Brazil has a yet to be announced ride.

Last edited:
When my 60 day mark gets here-should I try to book the furthest date first? I'm planning an evening at AK on what will be day 64 and would like to try for a later PM FP+ and then we will be there for a full day on day 66 and would like to have it for early AM. I'm thinking to start on the day 66 right?

When my 60 day mark gets here-should I try to book the furthest date first? I'm planning an evening at AK on what will be day 64 and would like to try for a later PM FP+ and then we will be there for a full day on day 66 and would like to have it for early AM. I'm thinking to start on the day 66 right?
I would actually start on day 64 if I were you before the good times are taken. Day 66 should be super easy to get.

I would actually start on day 64 if I were you before the good times are taken. Day 66 should be super easy to get.

Thank you, hopefully I can make it work. We just missed the grand opening of Pandora last May by a few days. From what I've read and videos I've watched I think FoP is something we will want to try and experience more than once. Can't wait :)

I just made my FPs for an arrival on Saturday, March 31, the day before Easter.

I first looked for FOP on Monday (AM EMH) and the earliest available time was 4 PM. I also looked for Wednesday and times were available for all day.

Yeah, I have not been able to obtain a single FP for FoP on 2 separate trips so far over the last year. I am always on at 7a the day my window opens. Some of these folks are extremely lucky, or full of it...
Uncalled for. Reasonable to think it's getting easier over time.

is fastpass availability much less due to that club level option to purchase more fastpasses at 90 days out?
Doubt anyone would be able to tell -- too few people even eligible to purchase the FPs, let alone how many actually decide to buy. And it's all still a "pilot" -- unclear how many even know about it at this point. It sounds from this thread that it is getting easier to get FoP FPs -- not more difficult. I'm sure this just has to do with the initial craziness of something NEW dying down some.

Not to get off topic, but something has drastically changed or shifted this year is seems. January and February seem to be insane this year. There is very nearly nothing available from a rooms standpoint, and from all accounts reports from the parks are that the crowds are just as insane. I know Marathon Week is always busy, and MLK weekend is historically pretty bad. If I recall from last year the Pro Bowl had very little impact, but maybe that has changed this year. I'm also not sure how much impact the Festival of the Arts has? All I know is I had a Waitlist for last week that I created last August and in never came through. I stalked unsuccessfully as well. I have another for Presidents Weekend that I created at the same time. Still waiting...

Just a guess, but perhaps with the US and many international economies doing so well this past year, a lot more people can now afford a trip to Disney? Hence the huge crowds?

We are from Canada, and middle class income has really been on the uptick in the past year. A lot of our friends who have never been able to go to Disney before are making the trip this January/Feb/March.

ok, here is a fastpass question that i should probably know the answer to but sadly do not. my dh and I are traveling to wdw and ds and his gf are joining us 4 days in. we have a split stay. dh and i are in one resort for 4 days, then switch to the resort where ds and his gf will arrive and remain for 4 days with us, 2 rooms booked under my name listing them in their room for days 5-8. if i go to make fastpasses, i can book for myself and my dh 60 days out from day 1 forward, but can only book for ds and his gf 60 days before their arrival on day 5? if that is true, then would i be allowed to add them to our room to gain that lead in time? or in the alternative, could i obtain fps for myself and dh and then switch them to them for days 5-8? they have 4 day park hoppers. she has never been to disney. they want to ride fop and of course lots of other rides in 4 days. i have totally confused myself but i hope i have not confused you, the experts lol : ) what's my best path here? thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer. : )

From THIS THREAD..

• Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
    • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room/ticket package.
    • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room-only reservation and valid tickets booked separately and linked to an MDX account.
    • Guests staying at the Swan, Dolphin, or Shades Of Green resorts and valid tickets linked to an MDX account.
    • Guests staying at any of the following Disney Springs-area hotels and valid tickets linked to an MDX account: B Resort & Spa, Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort, DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace, Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Orlando, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista.
    • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.
  • Offsite Guests - 30 Days Before Park Day:
    • Guests not staying at any of the resorts listed above, but with tickets linked to an MDX account. Note: If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.

We went about a month ago. I booked FP+ for another party, linked in MDX, that arrived 1 day after I did. I was able to book those FP+ with no problems. Both parties stayed onsite though at different resorts.

From THIS THREAD..

We went about a month ago. I booked FP+ for another party, linked in MDX, that arrived 1 day after I did. I was able to book those FP+ with no problems. Both parties stayed onsite though at different resorts.
ok, so does this mean that they would benefit from my arrival date? and if so, if they only have 4 day park hoppers, can i book fastpasses for the total length of stay for me and dh, which is 8 days. will disney allow guests with 4 day park hoppers to book fps on 8 days? or would i just book theirs for the 4 days after they arrive, which seems like the logical answer. i am seriously making myself crazy..... thanks for any help : )

Was at AK during our recent Xmas/NY trip. Had pre-booked FP for FOP (at 74 day mark), but was also able to secure two additional FPs for FOP after refreshing obsessively on MDE app for about half an hour (was standing in line for another attraction so had nothing better to do anyways). Mind you the wait for FOP was 290 minutes that day, so I was surprised it worked out.

I wasn't able to score any when our 60 day window opened for our very short two-day trip in Feb, but with some periodic checking and refreshing starting at day 40, I was able to get two early morning FPs on Day 35, and then was able to change them to a later morning time on Day 30. It takes some doing, but if you have very specific dates in mind after your window opens, refreshing sometimes yields surprising gifts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter