• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the Boardwalk establishments getting more crowded now that PI is closed?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Just curious if places like Jelly Rolls is getting more people these days?

How does it seem to you?

Just bumping as I'm curious too! We're bringing my brother for his first trip this month, and he was disappointed that PI was closing. I thought Boardwalk would be a good alternative, but am curious about the crowds.

We were at Jellyrolls last night and it was the busiest I have ever seen it. I was also there 2 weeks ago while PI was still open(also a saturday) and it was not as busy as it was last night. My fiance stepped outside at one point last night, and she said the line to get in was around the building, and it was slammed inside...

I'll be there the end of this week, and post a full report :)

Im not sure that the closing of PI would effect anything. The last few times I was at PI, it was dead. The clubs were empty, I think there was more people in Raglan Road than all of PI.

We were at JR's last Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Tuesday was of course busy sine it was CM night but the rest of the nights were quiet but that's pretty normal. :)

We own at BW and just returned from a long F&W weekend. The Boardwalk was the busiest we'd seen it. We had the last room, bottom floor on the boardwalk next to Jellyrolls (the old model). Terrific location. It was busy. We loved the hustle and bustle, as usually the boardwalk seems awfully quiet.

BTW, music didn't bother us too much, it would sometimes seem to get a bit loud, but we're thinking it was when the door to JR would open onto the boardwalk.

My idea???? Atlantic Dance Hall would make an excellent location for a new Adventurer's Club.

Jellyrolls is one of the few "nightlife" type places at WDW now, so I bet it will be busy,

We own at BW and just returned from a long F&W weekend. The Boardwalk was the busiest we'd seen it. We had the last room, bottom floor on the boardwalk next to Jellyrolls (the old model). Terrific location. It was busy. We loved the hustle and bustle, as usually the boardwalk seems awfully quiet.

BTW, music didn't bother us too much, it would sometimes seem to get a bit loud, but we're thinking it was when the door to JR would open onto the boardwalk.

My idea???? Atlantic Dance Hall would make an excellent location for a new Adventurer's Club.

I had said the same thing but was told that wouldn't happen since Atlantic Dance Hall is not Disney owned.

Really going to miss it this trip. May check out Jellyrolls, but worry about the smoke.

Got back from the BWI today- seemed much more crowded both weekends we were there than in the past when we visited

Atlantic Dance is only open from 9pm to 1am, so I don't think it will ever be popular unless it starts staying open later.

Jelly Rolls allows smoking, so many people refuse to go there as well.

Just got back and Boardwalk was about as "normal" as ever. Parking was --as usual--a problem. And that alone would probably prevent much growth in Boardwalk nightlife.

Parking was --as usual--a problem. And that alone would probably prevent much growth in Boardwalk nightlife.

Agreed, the BW area won't develop much beyond what it is until/unless Disney addresses the transportation issue. Regarding Atlantic Dance, that never lived up to it's intent. I'd love to see the Adventurer's Club re-born there. With BW, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin right there, there'd be enough interested adults within walking distance to support that.

Bill From PA

I was at Jellyrolls Saturday night and it was slammed packed. We got there right after Illuminations and the Boardwalk was really crowded. Jellyrolls was standing room only at abot 9:30 and stayed that way until around 1:30. I didn't think that the smoke was bad at all. I saw a few people smoking but it wasn't noticible in the room.

Bill:
In our case we went on a Friday night and they wouldn't even let us in the Boardwalk area to park--we had to park across the street behind the Hess Station. And we were VERY lucky to even get a spot there--at 6:30 PM!
So I think you are right--any Boardwalk increase in nightlife will have to be almost totally supported by the nearby resort Hotels. No one else will be able to get in and park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter