Are original Magic Bands still offered to purchase when a resort guest??

DMS1228

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going to WDW this summer and I'm wondering if resort guests are still given the option to purchase the plain original Magic Bands? We prefer to just purchase an original Magic Band. We don't really need Magic Band+, unless I'm missing something. We're staying at Wilderness Lodge and when I looked at the offerings, there were only Magic Band+ available. Pretty expensive!

I just looked--have an upcoming trip--and there were a few regular MBs for sale, although none of the plain variety. I had to scroll through the huge number of MB+s to get to the old-school ones . . . and even they were $25, which was the discount price.

I just looked--have an upcoming trip--and there were a few regular MBs for sale, although none of the plain variety. I had to scroll through the huge number of MB+s to get to the old-school ones . . . and even they were $25, which was the discount price.
Thanks! That's too bad, especially since they used to be free!

Thanks! That's too bad, especially since they used to be free!
Free?!?!? What's that? (I feel like Forky now.)

But, seriously, there are plain old-style MBs for sale in many of the resort gift shops, You just have to look for them, since the MB+s are more prominently displayed. Well, at least there were last month. I believe there are still some available.

Update 4/19/23: I just ordered 2 MB2s (that's the pre-MB+ version) for my upcoming trip. There were several choices available, including the castle "Most Magical Place on Earth" band that was my fave until it broke last trip. So now I'm getting a new one. Also there were a few nondecorative versions for $9.99, including raspberry, white, and metallic bands.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter