Are my expectations realistic for '06 ? (a little long)

pandora174

DIS Veteran
Here is my dilemma. By the way I like to plan stuff so bear with me. After a lot of consideration about crowds, value season, weather etc we've decided to go the week of 1-28 throough 2-4-06 for 7 nights, staying at a moderate. I was hoping for a package with tickets & dining. We are 2 adults & our DS 3 & we are FL residents. I've been to the Disney site & their packages extend to Dec only. I played with the dates "hoping" that their value season dates would be comparable to "possible" discounts given for our trip. They range from about $2200. Now that would be a really good deal for us. If they threw in free dining (like the present deal) it would be around $1800 ! :flower: But I'm not expecting the free dining deal that they have through Oct. this year but it would be nice ! :rotfl: I was hoping since it was value season & they need to fill the hotels that they would release similar deals as in '05 but with all the recent changes I'm starting to worry. My DH says if they don't give out similar discounts he wants to go to Universal. But I really want to go to Disney & do the dining thing & go to all 4 parks not 2 like Universal & get that really happy feeling I get when I stay on property :guilty: ! Not that there's anything wrong with Universal :confused3 ! My question is am I being realistic to hope that Disney extends these packages through the early half of 2006 ? Do you all think the rates will be comparable ?

I'll be interested in the replies ~ we are going the exact same dates as you and I was wondering the same thing :) Right now I booked a room only (we need 2 rooms) at POP but I can change that :earsgirl:

nancycg56 said:
I'll be interested in the replies ~ we are going the exact same dates as you and I was wondering the same thing :) Right now I booked a room only (we need 2 rooms) at POP but I can change that :earsgirl:

How did you book rooms for 2006? I can't get those dates to come up online.

Thanks!

I called 1-407-DISNEY just to reserve and I may or may not add a package once those come out :)

I think that the free dining offer for August 21 to October 4 is being offered to get people to go to Disney during hurricane season, since last year was so rough with hurricanes.

I don't believe they have a reason to make the same offer in 2006, sorry.

DisneyRocks! said:
I think that the free dining offer for August 21 to October 4 is being offered to get people to go to Disney during hurricane season, since last year was so rough with hurricanes.

I don't believe they have a reason to make the same offer in 2006, sorry.

I'm not expecting the free dining deal though that would certainly be nice ! :cool1: But I am hoping for the regular package MYW special they have now thru Dec '05. That's what I'm hoping they extend thru the first part of '06 & if I can add a AAA or FL resident discount on top of that then I'll be even happier ! :rotfl:

I don't think you'll find the free dining in Jan/Feb, but would think you could get an AAA or FL resident discount for that time of year.

EthansMom said:
I don't think you'll find the free dining in Jan/Feb, but would think you could get an AAA or FL resident discount for that time of year.

That's what I'm hoping for :goodvibes Now it's the hard part, waiting for when the discounts come out.. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter