• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are most DVC check-ins at 4?

Last week are room at Poly was ready at 12:30 and when we moved to BLT room would have been ready early but are request for location had not been granted. I let them know that I was willing to wait till later to get room close to our request, room was ready before 4, don't recall exact time since we were at park anyway.

DVC rooms are available after 4pm. We have had ours at 2:30 occasionally but as many times it has been after 6pm. DVC rooms are bigger especially the 2 bedrooms and it can take mouse keeping longer to get around them

Depends on room size and how booked the resort is. Places like OKW and SSR are usually at 96-99% capacity all year round. Getting a room before 4pm at OKW is like winning the lotto. Especially with 2 bedrooms and Grand villas, they are huge.

Expect it after 4pm, and usually if it's not ready till 5 or so it's because of an engineering issue of some kind.

Places like OKW and SSR are usually at 96-99% capacity all year round.
Expect it after 4pm, and usually if it's not ready till 5 or so it's because of an engineering issue of some kind.

Since SSR is one of the last to NOT have availability aren't the other resorts just as booked?

Depends on room size and how booked the resort is. Places like OKW and SSR are usually at 96-99% capacity all year round. Getting a room before 4pm at OKW is like winning the lotto. Especially with 2 bedrooms and Grand villas, they are huge.

Thanks everyone for the replies and help setting my expectations. We have a 2bd villa booked at VGF, so I can assume we will not get in the room before 4pm. The whole resort is at 99% capacity for the month of August.

We checked into VGF last August 1 at 10 am. Our 1 bdr standard view was ready and waiting for us.

We once were able to get into our room (a GV @OKW) at 9:30 a.m. That was a lucky break. Most times nowadays we arrive in Orlando after 5:00 p.m., so it is not an issue. And we always use online check-in.

Bottom line after 22 years of membership….. count on not getting into your room until 4pm. And then if your room is ready early? Jackpot!!!! I've had many times, including with GV's at OKW that our room was ready early. Sometimes really early. But Ive had only a couple of times where it was more than a very few minutes past 4pm that one wasn't ready to go.

I've checked in between 6 & 6:30 several times. Once the computer change over has occurred, they can do the check in. Generally our rooms have been ready mid afternoon but there are plenty of reports of people not getting in to 5 or 6 over the last few years. Just realize there are no guarantees with the "after 4" wording.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter