• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are June hours final yet?

I'm from central Texas and like going to Orlando in July, because it's nice to cool off. Always amuses me to hear people on the boards describe how "unbearably" hot Disney World is in the summer. If they only knew...

They have NO CLUE how "unbearable" the Texas heat can be. We've been cherishing the last few morning, in the 60's here. Woke up this morning to 72 degrees and humidity thru the roof!! You know it's muggy when you have to cut the AC past 70 at 4:30 AM just so you don't break a heavy sweat getting right out of the shower!

As of now, it still looks like MK is 10pm in June. I'm guessing it will change though based on this month (May). One thing about the After Hours events... It's pretty much only one day a week, mostly Thursdays. If it stayed that way it wouldn't be unbearably horrible, but still not preferred. Looks like all the other nights this month are 11pm or 12am close. I would expect June to be the same, or even more 12am nights than May due to higher crowd levels.

All a guessing game at this point I guess.

Dan

I'm from central Texas and like going to Orlando in July, because it's nice to cool off. Always amuses me to hear people on the boards describe how "unbearably" hot Disney World is in the summer. If they only knew...
I'm from Mississippi so I know what heat and humidity is and I still find Orlando in the summer just as miserable. I don't spend as near as much time outside at home as I do in Disney, that is the difference.

They have NO CLUE how "unbearable" the Texas heat can be. We've been cherishing the last few morning, in the 60's here. Woke up this morning to 72 degrees and humidity thru the roof!! You know it's muggy when you have to cut the AC past 70 at 4:30 AM just so you don't break a heavy sweat getting right out of the shower!

I moved to Austin Texas a year ago and I don't think Texas is that hot and not humid at all, frankly, at least not in Austin.

It can get hot in direct sunlight in the summer, but I'll take that over Orlando 90+ degrees with humidity any day.

I guess different types of heat affect people differently.

Disney typically releases any schedule changes around the 20th of the month before (typically...). I would imagine next Friday we should hear more of something.

I moved to Austin Texas a year ago and I don't think Texas is that hot and not humid at all, frankly, at least not in Austin.

It can get hot in direct sunlight in the summer, but I'll take that over Orlando 90+ degrees with humidity any day.

I guess different types of heat affect people differently.

Austin is too far inland to deal with the humidity we have down here on the coast. Austin is more of a dry heat. We have that damp, muggy heat. We will be in Austin next weekend for UT's graduation and I'm looking forward to being able to fix my hair and it not go frizzy instantly!

I'm from Wisconsin. 40 degrees in April and we start wearing shorts. 90 degrees is almost unbearable for me and if I weren't at WDW there is no way I would be in that awful heat. But for now dd14 and her highschool dictate our vacations, so June it is. Last year, it was August. I survived b/c I planned around the heat :) When there's a will, there's a way!!!!

Happy to see the hours extended. Still, none of the parties are available that I wanted. Oh well.

I did go ahead and book the Early Morning Magic. It will be so nice to be in the park with just DD and a light crowd. Her favorite ride is Mine Train, so she can ride until her little heart is content.

It has now changed! Not yet on the travel agent calendar, but on the Disney website. MK is now listed as open until 11:00 or 12:00 every day of our trip. Now just waiting on DHS, which I'm assuming won't happen until they add fireworks to the schedule.

Are you serious :cheer2:

It has now changed! Not yet on the travel agent calendar, but on the Disney website. MK is now listed as open until 11:00 or 12:00 every day of our trip. Now just waiting on DHS, which I'm assuming won't happen until they add fireworks to the schedule.
Exactly when I said it would happen. :)

But yes, any day now for DHS, please!

MK hours changed from 10pm and now show 11pm for my dates in late June. So there was a change some time this week.

Hours have changed for the week of June 12th MK is now closing at 11 and 12 with some EMH 1am also AK now will close at 11pm that week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter