• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are CBR and CS my only options?

Disneymoon04

<font color=FF99CC>First stop, Adventurers Club to
I was hoping to try out POFQ, but since they are closed for refurb I was going to do POR. I heard though, that they were going to close for refurb too, and are only still open because of the FTP- once that ends, POR will close for refurb. Is this true?

I don't know about POR, but CSR is my new favorite resort. I have stayed at ASSp, ASmo, CBR, and AKL also.

CSR is so wonderful for couples. The hot tub is great and the pool slide is lots of fun! The walk around the resort was just gorgeous all the way around. Three themed areas to choose from. The Ranchos was my favorite. We stayed in Cabanas (very tropical and reminded me of CBR). Casitas was a little more formal looking with courtyards and fountains.

CBR is a beautiful resort. You can check out the resort on my web sites. All the moderates are wonderful. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Hmm... you hear about upgrades for HMer's all the time....

I wonder if you could still book POFQ or POR (of course taking the chance of being there during refurb) but get upgraded to a deluxe for free....

::still wondering about the possiblity::

Thanks for the quick responses!

I've stayed at the Caribbean before so I was hoping for other options, but the CS theme just doesn't interest me you know?

Amber - can't book POFQ cuz it's been closed for 2 months and will be for I think 2 years... but maybe Riverside? That would be neat too... booking POR and then getting upgraded bc they start refurb early or something.

I'm still searching through threads to see if I can find when POR if excpected to close for refurb... anyone know offhand?

I was qouted rates for por for Jan 04. I asked about it being closed and they told me there were no plans for it to be closed in the near future and she said pofq may even be open by Jan 04.

You are still quite away from yuor travel dates. What I would do is book POR,since POFQ is closed. In the meanwhile, keep up watching out for codes for POR and apply them when you can. If you get a call saying that POR is closing perhaps you can then switch to FQ or another mod or upgrade to a deluxe. Because of FQ closing, my mom got BWI for $104 (she had a $74 rate at FQ). I didn't like the theming of CSR at first, but booked it for a quick stay just to "get it over with", since we want to try all of the resorts. Well, now it's my favorite!

really? you liked CS the best? i honestly can't explain why i don't like it, i just don't LOL... but maybe...

do you know if they have room service since they cater towards the business traveler? (other than the standard pizza and sandwiches the other mods have)

nevermind! LOL... I answered my own question: CS room service

I suppose at CS there is at least a possibility of upgrading since they have suites and what not.

uh oh... i think it's growing on me :p

Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate resort. We had a HORRIBLE experience at POR{a long story but the room quality was atrocious}, but we found the CS to be beautiful and relaxing. The theming in the guest rooms is the most detailed that I have seen in any of the moderates, and the grounds are gorgeous. Especially at night, with a stroll along the lake and the buildings lit up. They used to have telescopes set up where you could view that stars and the planets. I think that the food court is great, and we had wonderdul bus service with never a wait. We have stayed at all of the value and moderates, along with the AKL, WL, and BWI, and I would choose the CS in a second!

disneymoon,

I just replied to your post on the csr faq thread. I loved those rooms by the lion fountains. OMG!It is so pretty there. I just walked around with my mouth hanging open saying over and over, "I can't believe this is a moderate resort". I was saying it at the pool, while walking the grounds and while dining at the Pepper Market.

Last year we were at the CBR and my mom was staying at CSR at the same time. When we came home my mom and her DH couldn't stop raving about CSR. I liked CBR very much and would return, but I certainly wasn't raving like they were.

Then in March, my DH and I decided to get away for a quick one night stay (no parks) adn I chose CSR , thinking it was the resort I would least likely return to with my son, so might as well stay there adn get it "over wit". WOW! I was really impressed and can't wait to take my son there. We spent the morning at DTD -after breakfast in the Peper Market, then our room was ready, so we hung out at the pools and hot tub all day. We had lunch at the pool bar and walked around the resort a few times . We had dinner at Ohana and returned at night. It was so beautiful at night. we had breakfast the next morning at the Maya Grill-you must try it.

I really thought I would not like it (too big, too dry looking), but was wrong! It's very colorful adn not atall dry looking! I did not like the Ranchos at all fromthe pictres I'd seen, but ended up loving it in person!

POR isn't supposed to close entirely. Last I heard they were going to close it in increments to renovate rooms.

CSR is my favorite moderate too.

Originally posted by Freiden8
Hmm... you hear about upgrades for HMer's all the time....

I wonder if you could still book POFQ or POR (of course taking the chance of being there during refurb) but get upgraded to a deluxe for free....

::still wondering about the possiblity::

I am kind of hoping the same thing. I am debating whether to book at POR room and hope it gets closed or just wait and see if POFQ (my first choice) is going to open back up before June, 2004.

Thanks everyone... I wasn't to keen on the CSR but after looking at real pictures of it... it seems quite beautiful so we're going to go forward with that resort!

Great review gumdrop!

Did you say the have a resident gator! Too cool! Better watch Steve Irwin on Croc Hunter and freshen up on my gator wrestling skills. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter