April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

I was hoping fixed weeks would be available for RIV but no luck according to a guide I talked with today.
Still seriously considering, but may wait until the end of June so I can play the 10 day rescission game in case something fantastic happens for next quarter. Plus, lower dues for 2024. :)

I was hoping fixed weeks would be available for RIV but no luck according to a guide I talked with today.
Still seriously considering, but may wait until the end of June so I can play the 10 day rescission game in case something fantastic happens for next quarter. Plus, lower dues for 2024. :)
No Fixed Week? As of two weeks ago they were offering according to my guide - is this as of 4/2?

Yep, but on the other hand now I feel like I can’t wait until the end of June if I want to pull the trigger. 🤪
If they run out they will add more when they declare the remaining rooms, but @tjkraz and @wdrl have been tracking fixed week sales and AFAIK they haven’t seen anything close to selling out. I feel like they’d have mentioned it.

Also great to know, thank you! Didn’t realize that they released more over time, thought it was a one and done sort of thing.

Yeahhh that’s a load of BS. Maybe for certain weeks sure but ALL of them for every room category? Sure buddy 🙄
They don’t have to sell them and can stop at any time. So, it may be they decided that they have sold enough?

Thoughts:
My initial plan was to purchase 250 Riviera points in a March UY at the end of June to have the option to switch to new incentives if better. My guide today said if I purchase now he can still get me 2023 UY points. This essentially would allow me to rent my 2024 points on top of MB with the 2023 points because I don't plan to travel until 2025 UY.

With MB at $20/pt, $18/pt renting and prorated 2024 MFs I can't see how the next round of incentives can top 250 points for less than 157/pt. Now I'm scrambling to get my credit card signup bonus plan moving as I'm leaning towards buying now.

Would you pay an extra $500 to breakup the deed into 150, 50, 50 increments instead of 250 on one? This is our first DVC purchase so we want to lock in the DVC-Y but I like the option of selling small contracts if our situation changes. I feel like if I ever sold, I'll come out ahead with the smaller contracts.

Thoughts:
My initial plan was to purchase 250 Riviera points in a March UY at the end of June to have the option to switch to new incentives if better. My guide today said if I purchase now he can still get me 2023 UY points. This essentially would allow me to rent my 2024 points on top of MB with the 2023 points because I don't plan to travel until 2025 UY.

With MB at $20/pt, $18/pt renting and prorated 2024 MFs I can't see how the next round of incentives can top 250 points for less than 157/pt. Now I'm scrambling to get my credit card signup bonus plan moving as I'm leaning towards buying now.

Would you pay an extra $500 to breakup the deed into 150, 50, 50 increments instead of 250 on one? This is our first DVC purchase so we want to lock in the DVC-Y but I like the option of selling small contracts if our situation changes. I feel like if I ever sold, I'll come out ahead with the smaller contracts.
Small contracts do tend to sell for more per point on the resale market compared to larger contracts. They tend to be more desirable. However, are you aware of the restrictions Riviera contracts have if you ever did go to sell?

Thoughts:

Very interesting that they said you can get 2023 points with a March UY. I'm looking at April UY and if I could get 2023 points and sell them with MB, it would change the math for us quite a bit. Time to talk to a guide I guess 🤔

Very interesting that they said you can get 2023 points with a March UY. I'm looking at April UY and if I could get 2023 points and sell them with MB, it would change the math for us quite a bit. Time to talk to a guide I guess 🤔
Are you certain @WelcomeHome? I would try to get that in email or writing as I’ve never heard of that before (though it may be possible—maybe DVC sales are getting too heavy on Summer/Fall/Winter UYs as everybody tries to get bonus points?!) —I wish you the best of luck, be sure to report back if it works out!

Keep in mind that it’s not a “split fee” it’s that each contract has its own closing costs so if you split it in 3 contracts you’ll pay even more closing costs than 2. Will you get more per point with smaller contracts? Probably— and perhaps at RIV being smaller will be even more valuable because people can’t do much with restricted resale so they only want a small contract?— but also RIV resale is valued less because of restrictions and PVB being unrestricted may hurt it more…people seem to love it but I worry that it will take another leg down when they announce whatever is coming next on crescent lake.

Small contracts do tend to sell for more per point on the resale market compared to larger contracts. They tend to be more desirable. However, are you aware of the restrictions Riviera contracts have if you ever did go to sell?
I'm aware. The plan is not to sell but I feel like $500 is worth the hedge. It looks like there is plenty of interest in small Riviera resale contracts.

I'm aware. The plan is not to sell but I feel like $500 is worth the hedge. It looks like there is plenty of interest in small Riviera resale contracts.
I would never want a 250 point contract. I would definitely split it up. Maybe even look into a Favorite Week that is around 150 points just so the 150 RIV contract has a guaranteed room annually if you end up selling it.

Are you certain @WelcomeHome? I would try to get that in email or writing as I’ve never heard of that before (though it may be possible—maybe DVC sales are getting too heavy on Summer/Fall/Winter UYs as everybody tries to get bonus points?!) —I wish you the best of luck, be sure to report back if it works out!

Keep in mind that it’s not a “split fee” it’s that each contract has its own closing costs so if you split it in 3 contracts you’ll pay even more closing costs than 2. Will you get more per point with smaller contracts? Probably— and perhaps at RIV being smaller will be even more valuable because people can’t do much with restricted resale so they only want a small contract?— but also RIV resale is valued less because of restrictions and PVB being unrestricted may hurt it more…people seem to love it but I worry that it will take another leg down when they announce whatever is coming next on crescent lake.
I was surprised as well. I'm going to get on a call tomorrow to verify. He stated he didn't know how long that option would still be available so he recommended moving fast. Initially, I thought it was just a sales tactic until he explained the 2023 points. There may still be disconnect on the use year I am requesting so we will see. 🤞

Thanks for the explanation on the closing costs. My head is spinning with all this data and I couldn't find the right term!

I know the timing works better to wait until June for me getting the cash together but if I can get free points I wasn't expecting I think it's worth the effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter