April 28 - May 1 Trip Report

Duke07

Mouseketeer
Second trip in the last couple of months and there were a few differences that I observed in the parks/resorts.

We stayed at the Swan/Dolphin, which I still maintain presents the greatest combination of value, location, and amenities of any resort on property.

Parks:
HS - continues to be jammed within a hour or so of opening. My recommendation there is still to get your boarding pass to RoTR, rope drop, and get out by late morning if possible. I got boarding group 20 and it was called by 9:15 am and we were able to hit our priority attractions by 11 am. All the BG tips work -- don't rely on hotel wifi, find a good 5G area, tap those join buttons with abandon and you should be fine.

MK - we went at night a few times and the crowds were very manageable and really thinned out the last few hours the park was open. Over 2 nights, we were able to accomplish everything we wanted to there.

Epcot - similar to MK, we went later in the day a few times and the crowds were not heavy.

AK - rope dropped here and the park was a breeze to get through...I believe we were finished with it within a few hours. The typical sequence, Pandora, Safari, and so on after that.

Despite the inevitable backlash here...this is the question that I get asked the most after trips, so I'm relaying my experience (with as little editorializing as possible). Masks!

There was a noticeable difference from when I was there in March. At the resort, people were generally masked while moving around indoors and not masked while stationary or outdoors. At the parks, there was reduced level of oversight/enforcement from what I could observe and the new policies for eating/drinking and picture taken has certainly eased things. I did witness 2 other parties get into an argument on Journey of the Little Mermaid (of all rides!) where one party took their masks off on the ride and the party in another vehicle spotted this and yelled at them. A somewhat amusing exchange ensued. In general, I did see more people pulling masks down on rides than last time.

For dining...I noticed a fair amount of walk-up availability, so I'd recommend checking that often if you don't have reservations and TouringPlans reservation finder came through for me again for Topolino's on our last day, so using that can be helpful too.

Happy to answer any questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter