***April 2019***

I’m late to the party, but my family (DH, DS6, DD4, and I) will be there April 15-20, staying at AKL-Kidani savanna view deluxe studio. We’re DVC. Doing the dining plan for the first time, which I am super excited about! I’m the type that would rather not worry about how much I’m spending while on vacation! We have a BBB appointment for both kids (DS can’t wait to get his shield and sword ). ADRs are: Raglan Road dinner, Rose and Crown dinner, 1900 Park Fare dinner (night of BBB appt), ‘Ohana breakfast, Hollywood and Vine dinner, and Yak and Yeti lunch. We’ve booked the Star Wars dessert party, which is also something new for us.

Our Hollywood & Vine dinner is a Fantasmic! package, but since we’re doing the SW dessert party, we won’t be going to F!. Would we be allowed to sprinkle pixie dust to a family and give our vouchers to them? Or is this something that is connected to scanning a magic band?

Last edited:
Our Hollywood & Vine dinner is a Fantasmic! package, but since we’re doing the SW dessert party, we won’t be going to F!. Would we be allowed to sprinkle pixie dust to a family and give our vouchers to them? Or is this something that is connected to scanning a magic band?
They are paper vouchers so you can definitely gift them. What a nice idea!

Just wanted to say hi- I'll be on my 3rd solo trip at POFQ from April 28 - May 3rd. My ADR's are solid, I got the FP's I wanted at good times, and my planning is pretty much done.

Now I'm just stalking the hours and hoping they update them for the last week of April soon!

Question to you all: Which park would you choose if you had an extra half day to spend DHS or Epcot?

Question to you all: Which park would you choose if you had an extra half day to spend DHS or Epcot?
When you say extra half-day, I assume you mean with no FP+? Would it be morning or night?

I LOVE the rides in HS, but without FP+, its hard for me to want to just head there. I am not a huge fan of its dining options and there isn't much to just see. The shows could be an option if you're interested. Epcot during F&G has lots to look at and snack on. I would probably have to say Epcot. It also tends to pour whenever I go to Epcot during F&G so I always try to go back on a dry day to see the topiaries and gardens.

When you say extra half-day, I assume you mean with no FP+? Would it be morning or night?

I LOVE the rides in HS, but without FP+, its hard for me to want to just head there. I am not a huge fan of its dining options and there isn't much to just see. The shows could be an option if you're interested. Epcot during F&G has lots to look at and snack on. I would probably have to say Epcot. It also tends to pour whenever I go to Epcot during F&G so I always try to go back on a dry day to see the topiaries and gardens.
Yes no fp or anything. A day has opened up on my schedule. I have decided to save money and not go to universal. I have a half morning/afternoon open and trying to think what to do with it.

Yes no fp or anything. A day has opened up on my schedule. I have decided to save money and not go to universal. I have a half morning/afternoon open and trying to think what to do with it.
Ahh gotcha! Do your current plans have more time in HS or Epcot or split evenly?

I tend to tour park commando style. Since its the morning, I would change my vote to ropedrop at HS for rides, then walk/boat to Epcot by the time WS opens for topiaries and snacks/a meal :)

Ahh gotcha! Do your current plans have more time in HS or Epcot or split evenly?

I tend to tour park commando style. Since its the morning, I would change my vote to ropedrop at HS for rides, then walk/boat to Epcot by the time WS opens for topiaries and snacks/a meal :)
I always spend more time at Epcot. I love touring the countries and the have much more better selections at paces to eat as well.

That’s always enjoyable and can be somewhat relaxing when you’re not committed to an attraction schedule
this is true. I think way too many adrs become a problem on a trip. I have cut down my adrs each trip. a g breakats person either. The thing is, I hate to tip a waiter/waitress especially if the service or food is bad. Its liked your ford to do this. That's why I am cutting things like that out. Beside some counter services places aren't all that bad imo.

less then a month to go, ME tag came today and it says my MB is getting ready to ship. i have a BoG lunch ressie with food ordered, and i got lucky and scored a FP for Slinky Dog on the day i arrive in the afternoon. :banana::mickeyjum:banana:

less then a month to go, ME tag came today and it says my MB is getting ready to ship. i have a BoG lunch ressie with food ordered, and i got lucky and scored a FP for Slinky Dog on the day i arrive in the afternoon. :banana::mickeyjum:banana:
You just got the SDD FP?

I agree with you on DHS. I really have a hard time wanting to go there long. But, I think in a year as in if I were to go to DHS next year same time, I think I might find more to like with the Runaway Railroad and Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. I think it's going to be a big contender, but the crowds will be something. I used to dislike AK but find more to like there now. I'm not very interested either in DHS some of the dining options there, we usually do QS if hungry while there or just leave.

I'm actually debating now to cancel the reservation with Via Napoli due to F&G menu. I don't know, thinking it over.

I agree with you on DHS. I really have a hard time wanting to go there long. But, I think in a year as in if I were to go to DHS next year same time, I think I might find more to like with the Runaway Railroad and Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. I think it's going to be a big contender, but the crowds will be something. I used to dislike AK but find more to like there now. I'm not very interested either in DHS some of the dining options there, we usually do QS if hungry while there or just leave.

I'm actually debating now to cancel the reservation with Via Napoli due to F&G menu. I don't know, thinking it over.
I wouldn't cancel Via Naploli for the F&G booths. Now if it was food and wine then that would be different. I find nothing interesting about the booths at F&G. Maybe because I was spoiled by F&W but yuck the menu looks god awful. I like DHS but I think the ideal of seeing a show like Indiana Jones and cooling my heels a little helps out a lot over AK, where you can walk for miles in a big park. I agree but DHS food options but have you ever eaten at Hollywood Brown Derby? Bets place I have ever eaten at DHS. So worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter