• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2017 Car Rentals

DH realized the other day that the Enterprise minivan rental he booked for late April isn't $700 as he originally told me. It's actually only about $400 for 10 days which isn't so bad after all. He hasn't found cheaper since and we do need a vehicle large enough to haul a large ECV around in.

I just go a Toyota Yaris or similar at EZ Car Rental in the MCO terminal for $149 for the week. I'm pleased with this.

Alamo rates the lowest I've seen them for April 22-29. Not cheap by any means, but a good $100 lower then they've been. Using $25 coupon AD2823JAZ and AP rate code, fullsize $277 and minivan $348.

My Alamo 13 day minivan rental has gone from $666 TO $628 with coupon code AD8349SBD and AP. It had dropped some 3 days ago and then again today.

I need a vehicle for 4 days. Been checking everyday. Right now the best I got was a standard SUV for $203.00.That with BJ's code and my Alamo Insider ID. Is there a certain time of day the prices drop? I check every morning before I leave for work.

I have never been without a car reservation for this long....for April 29 to May 6. Prices have been sky high. I don't know why....anyway, I did find something through EZ rent a car, they are in the terminal, but have never used them. $177 all in for a midsize (corolla I think)....it was a bit higher, but offered a number of 10% off coupons (you can only pick one)....over 50, police, educators and a couple of others. Very disappointed.....I use Dollar almost every trip (2 or three times a year) and Alamo once a year. Hoping things come down as the time gets closer. I never heard of EZ, but I ended up doing an Expedia search for rental cars and they popped up. Would appreciate any feedback from anyone that has used them. Good luck to all.

I need a vehicle for 4 days. Been checking everyday. Right now the best I got was a standard SUV for $203.00.That with BJ's code and my Alamo Insider ID. Is there a certain time of day the prices drop? I check every morning before I leave for work.

I will check three or four times a day....but they all seem to be stuck on "high prices".

Thank you WDWisus, just booked Thrifty and/or Dollar 4/23 to 5/3 for $173.00 all in. No codes or coupons. I really prefer Alamo but to save $50 I might switch it up. I am hopeful that Alamo comes down closer to my trip.

This is insane. I've never seen prices this high before, especially this close to our trip. Going 4/3 - 4/7 and realize you lose out some without a Saturday night stay over but I'm seeing prices for a mid size in the $450 range. Could be using Uber this trip.

Just booked a Full Size (Chrysler 200 or similar) from Thrifty for $146 all in! 4/21 - /29. No coupons or codes. Very happy with that. I had a full size through Alamo for $215.

Last edited:
How do you feel about using Dollar as opposed to Alamo? I just rebooked Dollar for $146 all in versus $220 with Alamo. I have read many very bad reviews online regarding Dollar.I know things can go badly with any company but my experience with Alamo has been excellent. The price difference is significant now!! The last time I rented from Dollar, several years ago, I got a car with manual window handles....yikes!!

I have rented Dollar dozens of times in the last several years and had very good experience, both in Florida and California. The worst that happened was one car was older, had over 30k miles but still drove well and a different one had an empty wine bottle left in the trunk. Makes one think about the sobriety of the last renter. I also rent Budget and find their cars a little nicer but I found the Dollar employees quite a bit better. Just changed from Budget to Dollar for our trip after Easter.

Thank you relspeak, I appreciate hearing some positive feedback!

Talk to me about Thrify car rental. I'm shocked by how inexpensive it is! Is it a reliable company?

Just booked a Full Size (Chrysler 200 or similar) from Thrifty for $150 all in! 4/21 - /29. No coupons or codes. Very happy with that. I had a full size through Alamo for $215.

you must have hit it right because I just checked for my dates, 4/3 to 4/7 and it's $400!!!!

you must have hit it right because I just checked for my dates, 4/3 to 4/7 and it's $400!!!!

I just looked - today 3/1 at 1:25 pm and a Full Size all in for your dates (noon pick up and drop off) is $196. Run, Check again!!

Edited 1:50pm - Forgot to click "City Specials" your dates are $179 with the city special.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter