April 2014

24 days 'til we head back! First time taking the grandkids , ages 6 and 3! I'm excited to see their excitation! Meeting up with cousins as well. 24 days and 24 people!

Me and the husband are going for our first visit along with our two kids DS(9) and the drama queen herself DD(7) lol. We will be there April 13th-17th at ASM! We are in our 30 window as of tomorrow and I am pretty sure I am more excited than the kids!!!:yay:

Returning to WDW for the first time in 15 years! Going with my husband and two kids, DS 6 & DD 3. We are staying in royal rooms at POR, and we've been watching princess and the frog songs every morning on you tube. Can't wait to surprise them!

18 Days!!! soooooo excited....going with the whole fam pictured below! First time staying CL at YC!!:banana::banana:

I have been unable to nail down an idea of the crowd level for the first week. I know about the crowd level sites but thought I would see more on here somewhere. And no one answers when I ask...or when others ask. Hoping this means it will be very Un-crowded...but when we try to get ADRs there are none yet. Not whining...just wondering if I am missing something...?:rolleyes1

We are 4/30-5/7 staying in a villa at Linfield Reserves. First time staying off site, but can't wait for this long, long, long overdue vacation.

Our only MK day is 5/2 which is the expected opening day of the seven dwarfs mine train ride. Should be exciting/interesting/crazy. :scratchin

I have been unable to nail down an idea of the crowd level for the first week. I know about the crowd level sites but thought I would see more on here somewhere. And no one answers when I ask...or when others ask. Hoping this means it will be very Un-crowded...but when we try to get ADRs there are none yet. Not whining...just wondering if I am missing something...?:rolleyes1

Here is my take on it....We have been to Disney the past 4 years during the first week of April, because that is when my kids ALWAYS have spring break, regardless of when Easter is. When Easter is the weekend before or after our break it is VERY BUSY, but manageable. (although, some parks have had to close due to max capacity) :scared1: You must have a plan when going to parks this time of year. You may already know this...When we go to the parks during this time of year,we are there at RD..and get a lot more things done. If you wait until the aftenoon, or late morning to get to parks you will risk the chance of not getting in .:eek: We have been times when Easter was not then and it was not AS busy, but still busy!
I too am running into the same problem as you...not being able to get ressies during this time, and not being able to switch to a different style room at the yc that we are already booked at...Resorts are completely booked!! I checked the BOG list and there doesn't seem to be a ton of people going that time of year. We will be there the 4th-12th. I am going to keep trying..even the day before..as people cancel at the last minute! It will be busy for sure imho:wizard:

Thanks, Minnie.
I know we can't predict the crowds or the weather and we are going prepared to enjoy ourselves no matter what. We'll just have to figure it out as we go along.
I am going to keep trying on the ADRs and like you said up to the day before. We have 3 set up, one for each of the first 3 days. We would like to go in a little bit earlier so I am thinking we will just show up early for the reservation and see if we can get in. We have had pretty good luck with walking in at the right time in the past.
Have a good trip!

Thanks, Minnie.
I know we can't predict the crowds or the weather and we are going prepared to enjoy ourselves no matter what. We'll just have to figure it out as we go along.
I am going to keep trying on the ADRs and like you said up to the day before. We have 3 set up, one for each of the first 3 days. We would like to go in a little bit earlier so I am thinking we will just show up early for the reservation and see if we can get in. We have had pretty good luck with walking in at the right time in the past.
Have a good trip!

Thanks you too...you must be going the same time I am?

Thanks you too...you must be going the same time I am?

Yes...4-9. We'll have to update our trip reports so we can get some insider info. We will arrive before noon on Friday and plan to stay in Epcot most of the day into late dinner so far. There is a concert on Friday with a band from back in my day which is an added bonus for me.
According to the crowd reports it seems crazy to be in Epcot that first day/night but we figure we will just put up with it and work around; I still don't see much out here on the timeframe we are going.:dance3:

We have decided to take some sort of transportation from BC to the Walmart where we had found a lot of good souvenir deals and to pick up water, room snacks, wine, etc. for the week. We intend to go after park hours on the first night we are there (yup) as the Walmart is open 24 hours. Trying to figure out if there is a public bus from Downtown Disney that we could take...figuring there must be something to accommodate CMs, right? Or...just get a taxi from the closest point that the Disney transportation will carry us to. We are calling it a Special New Ride b/c we have a feeling it will be a fun and entertaining adventure. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas about this?:chat:

Here is my take on it....We have been to Disney the past 4 years during the first week of April, because that is when my kids ALWAYS have spring break, regardless of when Easter is. When Easter is the weekend before or after our break it is VERY BUSY, but manageable. (although, some parks have had to close due to max capacity) :scared1: You must have a plan when going to parks this time of year. You may already know this...When we go to the parks during this time of year,we are there at RD..and get a lot more things done. If you wait until the aftenoon, or late morning to get to parks you will risk the chance of not getting in .:eek: We have been times when Easter was not then and it was not AS busy, but still busy! I too am running into the same problem as you...not being able to get ressies during this time, and not being able to switch to a different style room at the yc that we are already booked at...Resorts are completely booked!! I checked the BOG list and there doesn't seem to be a ton of people going that time of year. We will be there the 4th-12th. I am going to keep trying..even the day before..as people cancel at the last minute! It will be busy for sure imho:wizard:

We are going the 6-13th and the crowd control calendars did not appear to be that bad. Did I misread something?

We have decided to take some sort of transportation from BC to the Walmart where we had found a lot of good souvenir deals and to pick up water, room snacks, wine, etc. for the week. We intend to go after park hours on the first night we are there (yup) as the Walmart is open 24 hours. Trying to figure out if there is a public bus from Downtown Disney that we could take...figuring there must be something to accommodate CMs, right? Or...just get a taxi from the closest point that the Disney transportation will carry us to. We are calling it a Special New Ride b/c we have a feeling it will be a fun and entertaining adventure. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas about this?:chat:

Best bet is a taxi. Nothing right at downtown Disney as far as public transport. My daughter did college program and they don't live right near the parks; from the CM apartments, they have private shuttles to the stores. We are staying at the cabins and placed an order with Gardengrocer.com for delivery on the evening of check in. There is a $14. Delivery fee and products are a bit more , but it is so much more convenient and you don't have to spend time shopping.

We are going the 6-13th and the crowd control calendars did not appear to be that bad. Did I misread something?

That's what I keep wondering...the crowd control calendars numbers don't seem high and then there are not so many posts on here...I am thinking the same thing. But then the ADRs seem booked up. We are just going to roll with it.

Thanks for the info on the taxi. I think we'll probably go that way vs the delivery to the room; we are opting to pick snacks/etc up from Walmart rather then ship or bring things along...and also in case we forget anything. You'll have to let me know how the Grocer delivery worked out for you so maybe we can consider on the next trip. Love that I am already talking about the next trip...really.:rotfl:

We are going from the 12-19th and are staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We are driving 12-13 hours and are planning to drive straight through.

It's myself, DH, DS8, DD5, and my mom.

I'm having a hard time planning out our week. The last time we went it was Mothers Day and very hot and crowded! I don't want a repeat of that.

We are actually planning on doing Universal 2 days, 2 Disney ADRS, and Disney resort hopping.

The only Disney parks we want to go to are HS (just for jedi training) and Epcot. But I think they'll be packed. We are thinking of saving Disney parks for our next trip.

We really just need fun in the sun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter