• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 20, 2012: 5 Night Bahamian Cruise

your a trooper! Will you be at the meet and greet?
Did you book any port adventures?

I am going to try the meet and greet...if its not too hectic:-) Key west we are going to walk to the southernmost point and do a couple things along the way. Nassau we are going to the British Colonial Hilton...Sooo looking forward to everything!!!

Thanks for posting! I'm going to use both :yay:

Oh my gosh, I'm already in Florida and didn't see this post on magnets yesterday. I would so love to have a mickey map! Is there anyone that could print me out one? Room 6646

We already live an hour from the ship lol. But I had my husband take tomorrow off to help get everything done. Hope everyone gets to Florida safe and sound see you all on the ship. :woohoo:

Leaving work at 10am to finish getting ready for the trip.

Heading to the airport this afternoon and staying at the Hyatt tonight. Hopping the shuttle tomorrow morning.

Why is time moving so slow.

Jim

It's nearly time!

One more sleep! Final check list:

Tickets
Cruise docs signed
Bags packed
Fish extender made (with card and duck tape)
Gifts packed
Bottle of something nice for the balcony
Wife
Oh Friday not Saturday!
Yes that's us ready!

See you all there folks!

On board (using portable hot spot) and ready to go.

magic000.jpg

magic001x.jpg

magic002.jpg

Jim

Just wanted to thank you all for helping us have a wonderful vacation! My kids were so excited to check for gifts and to sneak around and deliver ours. You all were so generous and every token was extremely thoughtful in different and wonderful ways. We loved them all!!!! :flower3:

We made it home without too much drama, thankfully, although we did manage to leave behind a beloved stuffed animal in our haste to vacate the stateroom at that ungodly hour. Already left a message for lost & found and assured our daughter that Rhey (our stateroom host) was taking very good care of her precious "Lamby" along with the other 29 loveys that were left onboard. :goodvibes Thinking there were 30 kids in the same "boat" seemed to calm her down. (We also joked about what other things people might have left and decided that dirty socks would just have to go unclaimed.)

Wishing you safe journeys until we meet again! All the best to you and yours from us and ours!:wave2:

Thanks everyone for the great FE gifts! The treasure chest was (and still is) a great hit. Mad props to Tammy for the fantastic Mickey tile!

We had a great time and enjoyed meeting you!

Rich

Hi All

What a great trip!

Thanks so much for all the great FE gifts! Noah especially liked the pirate stuff!

Hope to see you again on another Disney Cruise in the future!

The Iley Family

Thank you everyone for the great FE gifts, Kyrah loved them all especially the birthday cards!!!
It was hard waking up to go to work this morning, if only we could all live on the Disney Magic!!!! :wizard:

I was one of the 30 with a crying child who had to call the Lost & Found #!
Kyrah left her necklace she bought at Blue Lagoon after her dolphin encounter to remember her favorite activity. Hoping they find it and send it to us.

Thanks again!

Oh, my heart goes out to her! We received good news today on our left-behind lovey, so DD is sleeping much better tonight knowing that she will be reunited soon. princess:

We're home, safe and sound. Today was back to work day :sad2: Can't understand it--at work I kept feeling like I was still rocking on the waves, yet here at home I'm fine!

Loved all the FE gifts we received!! Thank you to everyone who included us. Tammy, you are sooo talented, and I especially love the Mickey tile! The backpack, the Disney Dollar jar, the box of pebble magnets, the bottle openers, the pirate stuff....I could go on and on! I love every bit of it!

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many of you at the meet and truly enjoyed sharing a table with Jim and Amy each evening. Figure we need to plan another cruise on the Magic, though. They say 3rd time's the charm and this makes 2 Magic cruises where we have missed out on ports of call. Must do a 3rd so we can get it right!!

How many of you re-booked onboard? Cruise desk seemed to be doing a pretty brisk business every time we walked by!

Hope all had or will have safe travels home and we hope we can meet up with you again sometime!

Ha! My husband just laughs at me as I sway back and forth while brushing my teeth. Ha!

BTW, which one of you is the clairvoyant family? When I was laying out all of our FE gifts to admire, I noticed that the white foam picture frame with the lifepreserver in the middle only listed Nassau and Castaway Cay . . . no mention of Key West. Freaky! Let me know if you get a hunch about the next MegaMillions drawing, please. :thumbsup2

Wow..we had a great trip. Thank you to everyone for the great gifts and thank you for the very special Birthday cards for Katie, she truly enjoyed them.

We booked onboard for Fantasy May 2013. Our two kids prefer the cruise over the parks now LOL. Hee hee..

Amy and I had a great time. Amy not as much due to motion sickness. Not hurling but definitely dizzy.

Got our sand for the jar. Also used the "saving jar" to bring back some more for the Dallas Zoo. They collect beach sands from around the world.

So will there be an official picture thread? I noticed some of the other threads had them. I got about 850+ pics and videos ready to go.

Jim

Amy and I had a great time. Amy not as much due to motion sickness. Not hurling but definitely dizzy.

Got our sand for the jar. Also used the "saving jar" to bring back some more for the Dallas Zoo. They collect beach sands from around the world.

So will there be an official picture thread? I noticed some of the other threads had them. I got about 850+ pics and videos ready to go.

Jim

sorry to hear that Amy wasnt feel great :(
I love the idea of the photo thread!!!!:thumbsup2

I cannot still get back to reality! What a great trip. I cannot imagine how much better it would have been if the weather was nicer.

Thanks to all who made the fish extender gifts so much fun! So many creative people. We loved the surprises each day! I wish we could have made it to the meet on Friday. Our luggage just started showing up and I was so stressed out about unpacking it! What was I thinking??

Yes we were also another one of the 30 kids who left a stuffy behind :(. We looked EVERYWHERE in our stateroom before we left so I have NO idea where it could have been hiding. I just contacted Lost and Found and hopefully it will turn up. Lucky for us I actually have a spare at home so it's not a complete heartbreak if it doesn't turn up and it's one that can easily be replaced. Hopefully all those lost stuffies can find their way back home!

Just wanted to thank you all for the wonderful FE gifts! We had such a great time checking for surprises and we loved each and every one of them! And I'm so glad everyone liked the tiles I painted and the other little gifts I gave. I had so much fun making them so I hope they will serve as a nice reminder of our trip. I apologize for handing some of them out a bit earlier than we were suppose to but my girls were very excited to start giving them out. Especially since we didn't stop in Key West.

I'm so sorry I didn't make it to the meet though. My girls were swimming in the pool and to be perfectly honest, I completely lost track of the time! I'm glad I got to at least meet a couple of you though even if brief. :) I can't say enough about how great our trip was. Even with missing Key West. It truly was a magical trip and we can't wait for our next Disney vacation. We didn't book on-board because we have a few other trips we're planning over the next few years and we weren't sure when we could make it back but we certainly plan on sailing again in the future.

And I would love to see a photo thread! I have so many pictures to go through it's going to take me months to get them organized into a photobook! :faint:

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter