April 13, 2013 - Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise

so anyone been on this cruise in April before? What should we expect for weather?

We have been on 3 and 4 night on the Dream for April school vacation the last two years. I know it wasn't miserably hot - just the right temp. Last year though our trip to Castaway Key was not great - rainstorm came in early afternoon. Due to the cloud cover it was too cold to enjoy the beach and water (even for my then 6YO - who doesn't care if its cold) But, it as ok - we made the best and explored CK before the rain came and we headed back to ship.

Hi guys!

So a fourth FE list is being talked about on the Facebook page. Carol offered to open a new one.

:welcome: AnnKangas ! Congrats on Gold! This is our 7th, so we are right there with you! pixiedust:

Not as great as being Platinum, but we got alot of cast member comments thanking us for continuing to cruise with DCL and stuff like it last cruise.

I also have no 'babies' left either!~:woohoo: oops! freudian slip on the smilie :worried: DS's 17, 16, and 15.

My youngest DS brought a friend last cruise and he was bummed that he didn't get a Gold Lanyard too. (Why he would have expected one when he didn't earn it is a statement of today's youth, I feel.) In fact, they had no lanyard at all for him! :scared1: Luckily, I pulled out a Silver Lanyard from my bag to brighten him up.

We are across the way from you in 2510. I picked that cabin, 'cause it was the closest one available to Vibe at the time.

I haven't prepared at all for this cruise as we've been knee deep in College stuff for my eldest. I sure am looking forward to it now though! :boat:

We have been on 3 and 4 night on the Dream for April school vacation the last two years. I know it wasn't miserably hot - just the right temp. Last year though our trip to Castaway Key was not great - rainstorm came in early afternoon. Due to the cloud cover it was too cold to enjoy the beach and water (even for my then 6YO - who doesn't care if its cold) But, it as ok - we made the best and explored CK before the rain came and we headed back to ship.

mdurette- I completely forgot about the rainstorm! I just remember snorkeling was choppy and rough.

Calling all FE Participants!!!!

Ok - so we are about a month out and list should be final - but we have a few people looking to get on one. It appears list one only has 14 - so I assume a spot open there.

I was going to suggest we all go to our lists and put confirm under our screen name - but I tried and I couldn't edit. Also, if you decided not to do - then delete your info and open up for someone?

Heidi - your thoughts - whatever is decided - the lists should be edited and closed officially no later than this Sunday, March 17th to give us all time to prepare our gifts.

Just an FYI for all of you who just joined the group and are wanting to do the FE exchange. Heidi just posted on Facebook that she will have another group organized by tonight and will post both here and on FB when it is ready.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!! This will be our first cruise ever and we are so excited!! :cool1:

Lists 1-3 are closed as our fellow cruisers are starting to work on their gifts. List 4 is open and ready to roll so if interested please add yourselfs to the list. This list will be closed one week before our cruise sets sail on April 6th. Hope we get lots of new and creative people on list 4. Looking forward to meeting you all in about a month

So, thanks for the welcome and for starting another FE list! I can't wait to meet everyone.

I mentioned before that my children are all older, but I also see there a lot of dancers on the list!! My daughter, Chloe' (17) is a senior and she is also a dancer since she was 3...It will be her last year :( but loves to dance. Ballet, jazz, tap and hip hop. She and her boyfriend that is coming have a big couples dance coming up in a show when we get back from the cruise.....You dancers will have to have them show you all their fancy tricks!

well, certainly glad we started another fish extender list there are already four families signed up in the first day. this is going to be the happiest bunch of cruisers to have ever sailed. thanks everyone

There is new group that opened. Group 4. Look on last page - page 33. Hope you join us.

We have a DD13 also! She isn't on FB though. She's also a dancer, btw (seeing some of the replies). It's actually her "busy season" right now, LOL, since she Irish dances. We aren't from MA but we did live there for a while :)

Also have a DD who is 13. Not a dancer but a swimmer.

Just an FYI for all of you who just joined the group and are wanting to do the FE exchange. Heidi just posted on Facebook that she will have another group organized by tonight and will post both here and on FB when it is ready.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!! This will be our first cruise ever and we are so excited!! :cool1:

Yay! I was really hoping to get in on an FE!
I still can't figure out how to find the FB group. Maybe if I try on my computer instead of my ipad, I'll have an easier search. Any help with that is appreciated.

well, certainly glad we started another fish extender list there are already four families signed up in the first day. this is going to be the happiest bunch of cruisers to have ever sailed. thanks everyone

DO we start making something for everyone on the list, or will we get assigned to only some of the people, or what? We have our craft materials and want to get crackin!:cool1:

DO we start making something for everyone on the list, or will we get assigned to only some of the people, or what? We have our craft materials and want to get crackin!:cool1:

It is up to you - at the very least each cabin in on your list should get something.

Some people will do just one thing per cabin and then others will do for each person in the cabin. Some people make one thing to give and I have been on cruises that people gave something everyday!

Just got my t-shirts! They look so cute--can't wait until embarkation day to wear them!

For the newcomers to the cruise who have not had the time (or the energy!) to read through this entire thread, I wanted to make sure you were aware that a bunch of us are planning to wear matching (or mostly matching) t-shirts on embarkation day to help identify us as DISers. Here is a link to post #256 in this thread where I posted a couple possible t-shirt designs:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46292212&postcount=256

The consensus was that folks should pick whatever design they like best. Since they are so similar, they will be cleary recognizable as coming from the same group. I went with the globe design. A lot of us have used Vistaprint to have the t-shirts made.

Hey everyone!! We are so excited to be joining you all on the Fantasy this April!! I booked the cruise last July, but have been in Nursing School, so I haven't really had time to spend on the planning until now.

This is our first cruise ever and we are VERY excited! It will myself, my DH, DD 15, DD 12, and DS 10. Since we are first-timers, we don't get to book excursions, etc. until next Monday. Hope there are some good ones left!! I've read through all 24 pages of this thread and just keep more exicted with each post!

Heidi -- we would also love to do the fish extenders . . . sounds so fun! I tried to add myself to list 2, but wasn't able to. Would you mind adding me? Is that last spot still available? I also joined the Facebook group, so would it be easier to send you our info on here or on there? Either is fine with me - just let me know.

Can't wait to see you all in April!! :cool1:

Amy

Did you have much difficulty choosing port excursions since you were first time cruisers? We will be first timers also (on a later Fantasy sailing) and am wondering how that worked out for you. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter