April 13, 2013 - Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise

Just bumping the FE list to a closer page for all. Hope to see all you wonderful people on the list.

Thanks Heidi.....I added my family. Can't wait!!! The FE gifts are so much fun!!! Can't wait to see the creative ideas that everyone comes up with.
:cool1:

Hello!

What does everyone have planned for the upcoming Memorial long weekend? Any parades? How about bbq's?

I have a honey-do list started (and I will do some work, too :)) so that we can get our yard beautified. I am debating opening the pool, but the screen room must go up!

Hopefully our summer will include warm weather!!

Memorial Weekend is the beginning of all hands on deck-work wise. We are hoping to have a great summer here this year. We need it to carry us through the winter months when business is much slower.

It also means I can also only walk the beach early morning or late at night 'cause I refuse to buy a beach sticker when I live here. (I could just walk to the beach to walk but that's just way too much exercise!!:rotfl:)

I think DCL controls the availability on the cruises, 'cause our cruise was sold up until the concierge suites while the surrounding April 13 cruises had lower cat availability and now that it's more even our cruise is showing seven 9B's available and GTY in 9D. Too much game playing if you ask me.:rolleyes1

It's a bummer about losing the higher OBC's for Castaway Club Levels. I would lose $75 on a future cruise from it. We are pretty much done though. If DCL does away with the dummy cruise booking method. We can't participate anymore.

Hello!

What does everyone have planned for the upcoming Memorial long weekend? Any parades? How about bbq's?

I have a honey-do list started (and I will do some work, too :)) so that we can get our yard beautified. I am debating opening the pool, but the screen room must go up!

Pool is actually getting opened up today I am forever the optomist I need to feel like summer is really coming. My honey-do list never ends and I keep updating to keep busy.:rotfl2: For the Memorial Day Holiday my family will be marching with my Cub Scout den in the town memorial day parade followed by a ceremony to our fallen soldiers. Only 64 more days till our AKL vacation I can't wait. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Anybody that recently joined the Facebook page or who will be, be sure to add yourself to the Roll Call document on the Facebook page so we can keep a running list of everybody. This is separate from the FE list. This is just a list of everybody who wants to be on the list:cool1:

Feel free to ad as much (real name, stateroom#, where your from) or as little info as you wish....:thumbsup2

Hi Carol,
You just go onto the document and enter your family data onto it. When it hits 15 cabins we will close it and start a new one, you can join as many groups as you wish but we will cap each one at 15 cabins. I will bump the post so that the FE link is right below. I was so hoping you were going to join us, you are a super crafty person and I have loved seeing all your ideas. Can't wait to see you on the fe list.

Thank you for the really nice comment. I hope to share all my ideas and learn some new ones as well from others. I will be posting more pics on FB.
Thanks again,
Carol

Pool is actually getting opened up today I am forever the optomist I need to feel like summer is really coming. My honey-do list never ends and I keep updating to keep busy.:rotfl2: For the Memorial Day Holiday my family will be marching with my Cub Scout den in the town memorial day parade followed by a ceremony to our fallen soldiers. Only 64 more days till our AKL vacation I can't wait. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

We either open the pool or drive to Maine and stay at the Wentworth by the Sea. It's so beautiful there overlooking the marina and they have good food by the pool. We usually book with my husbands Marriott points and stay in the family suites fully equipped with a kitchen and living room area. There are also 2 seperate bedrooms upstairs if you want to take family or friends. Breakfast on the balcony is my favorite. Enjoy your memorial day everyone!
Carol

Hello!

Little Leauge Baseball and Softball games and trying to get the camp opened and cleaned for the summer..

Not much planned for the long weekend--a local baseball game on Friday night, maybe a movie, and if the weather is nice probably some pool time. My daughter is going to a Gaelic football (a different version of soccer) tournament in Ireland in a month, so she'll have lots of practice for that.

I think I've figured out a way to join the FB page, using my DHs profile, so look for a request from me soon :)

Not much planned for the long weekend--a local baseball game on Friday night, maybe a movie, and if the weather is nice probably some pool time. My daughter is going to a Gaelic football (a different version of soccer) tournament in Ireland in a month, so she'll have lots of practice for that.

I think I've figured out a way to join the FB page, using my DHs profile, so look for a request from me soon :)
I'll be watching for you and waiting for you to join FB with us its a blast with many wonderful people and lots of great ideas. Can't wait to see you.

Just bumping the FE list to a closer page for all. Hope to see all you wonderful people on the list.

Hi everyone we are already up to 12 cabins on our first FE list. Once it hits 15 I will be closing the first one and starting a new one. Please sign up on this one if you are interested or have friends on this list it is going to be a super exchange. Have a safe weekend everyone and thanks. We also have a facebook group and a roll call page on the face book page so be sure to join us there too!

we are also from new england. some plane fares have started to show up for the trip and they are too unaffordable. Has anyone let disney book for them and what are the pros and cons. The lady said the bus was included in the flight cost 621 pp including the 70 for the bus. Delta and united are quoting 300-500 each way with total pp over 1k. What the heck. We are going in aug on delta and 4 round trip are only 900 and change. any advice?http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
I need it to be 1500 or so total to be able to afford to still go

we are also from new england. some plane fares have started to show up for the trip and they are too unaffordable. Has anyone let disney book for them and what are the pros and cons. The lady said the bus was included in the flight cost 621 pp including the 70 for the bus. Delta and united are quoting 300-500 each way with total pp over 1k. What the heck. We are going in aug on delta and 4 round trip are only 900 and change. any advice?http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Ugh! Airfare! The recent bain of my existence! I don't have much advice except noticing that Southwest dropped their fares for this month and the next to 83 base one way out of Hartford on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

If I got that for next April, it would be almost be doable for us to fly rather than drive.

Disney's airfare is usually very high with inconvenient connections. At least that's what I've heard. I've always booked my own. The only advantage I can think of is that they will hold the ship for you if you're flight is delayed. Good luck for August!

We got Thank You card from both WDW and DCL for this past trip. That's a first for us and a nice touch! They are on my fridge and make me smile in the morning when I see them. :flower2:

For those of us who booked through Dreamsunlimited, are you gonna check out the new Welcome Center before the cruise? Say the day before or morning of? I would like to meet up with anyone planning to do that. :idea: It seems awkward to just show up and kinda go ta-da! I'm here! Hi! But I still plan on making time to stop in.

Ok, back to laundry and dishes. I've promised myself a walk on the beach if I get my list done!

I'm going to hold out for a good Southwest fare, which I assume I'll see in the winter--maybe after Christmas. We're coming all the way from CA. I was able to get a last minute fare to MCO on Southwest for about $550 RT for my cruise next month. I hope to be able to do better than that for the April cruise with more time to plan.

Oooh my - it seems my party is growing!

Humm.....do they even make dining tables that can accomidate that size party?

We were on the Dream in August with 5 families totaling 19. They gave us two tables next to each other, a table of 12 and one of 8. All 11 kids sat at the big table and we added another chair to our 8 for the 9 adults. Just make sure to link your dining reservations together (done by travel agent). That's if you WANT to sit together.:rotfl2:

Just booked United out of Portland Maine April 10th, returning April 20th for 356.00 PP RT all taxes and fees included ( except Baggage). Ever consider driving North to catch a flight?? lol
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter