• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

applying new ticket add on prices to already purchased tickets

Svenskaishockey

Earning My Ears
i am going to WDW at the end of august and purchased a package a few months ago. we staying at CSR and bought two 10 day park hopers with the wp option at the old prices. our payment isnt due until july 12th and since we booked it months ago we were charged the old prices of $110 for both options. is it possible to call and have those options removed from my tickets and then re-applied to take advantage of the new pricing of $79 for both? even if i cancel the options now a wait a while to reapply them or even do it at the ticket booth in the park. i would love to save an extra $62 for the trip. i couldnt find an answer in the ticket sticky. thanks!pirate:

You can remove the hopping and water park fun now, prior to arrival, but as far as I know, the rest of the ticket will be priced at today's prices when computing how much of a refund you will get now.

Earlier this year one 10 day base ticket cost $310; now it costs $339 (incl. tax). So what you save will be miniscule.

found out from disney that any change in the ticket will introduce the new prices. so doing so will only result in a savings of $4 per ticket for me. ugh

finally spoke to someone who know what they were talking about, i was able to remove the options form my ticket at the rate that i paid ($110) each and now i can go to the park and add the options there for $79 each for a savings of $31 per ticket!!!!

Make sure to use your tickets thru a park turnstile first, before doing your upgrade. This is the only way you will get the June 3, 2012 price credit for your 10-day tickets. Otherwise if you don't use your tickets first, you will owe the price difference between your tickets and the new price of those tickets.

June 12, 2011 to June 2, 2012 10-day Base ticket = $291
June 3, 2012 10-day Base ticket = $318
Price Difference = $27+tax

Cheshire Figment writes in the ticket sticky "Everything About WDW Tickets" (at the top of this forum), Post #6, paragraphs 7&8. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684
If you purchased your MYW ticket at a price less than the current gate selling price for that ticket (such as from a discounter/broker or Advance Purchase) and you wish to do any upgrade, Disney will not penalize you for the discount provided the ticket has been used. We will make an "intermediate" ticket at the current gate price, charging the difference between your old ticket and the intermediate one to an internal voucher account. Then we will take the intermediate ticket, which is at the current gate price, and upgrade it with the additional days and/or options you want, and you will only be charged for the differences in the current gate price plus tax. Note if you had paid full current gate price for your old ticket the intermediate step is not done.

If you purchased your ticket at less than the current gate price, and your ticket has not been used, you will have to pay the difference between what Disney actually sold the ticket for and the current gate price of the ticket you are upgrading to. It is always best to use one day from the old pass prior to taking it for an upgrade; you will then have locked in the current gate price as the value of the old pass.​
So use your ticket first, enter the park, go to guest services inside the park, and do your upgrade. You can do the upgrade later. This just gets it out of the way first thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter