• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Rate for Courtyard View WL?

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
Has anyone gotten an AP rate for Courtyard View at WL for anytime during the first two weeks in December?

I did not renew our vouchers and have to order new AP vouchers. When I called for two nights at the specs above I now understand it is a new procedure. Since I don't have our vouchers yet I was only able to get AAA rate for these rooms at @$241/night. I'd like to compare with the going AP rate to see if I need to get my vouchers now.

Anyone?

CRSNDSNY: I checked the AP site for you and a courtyard view room @ WL is $185 per night; you would need to add the 11.5% tax. I checked for an arrival on 12/11/05 for 4 nights. I'll be glad to check the AP site for your dates if you want.

Good Luck :jumping3:

:cool1:

As crazy4wdw said it is $185 per night plus tax. The total for us was $206 per night. Last year, for the same period, it was about $50 less per night with the AP rate. Lets hope the best rate plan gets a lower rate than $206 per night.
Thid is for the courtyard view.

crazy4wdw said:
CRSNDSNY: I checked the AP site for you and a courtyard view room @ WL is $185 per night; you would need to add the 11.5% tax. I checked for an arrival on 12/11/05 for 4 nights. I'll be glad to check the AP site for your dates if you want.

Good Luck :jumping3:
Would you mind checking the 9th and 10th? THANKS!!!

CRSNDSNY: I checked for you this morning at 10:20 am EST. The AP site is not showing any availibility at WL for your dates (arriving 12/9 for 2 nights). Other resorts that were available for your dates were Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness Cabins, and Saratoga Springs. Don't know if you are interested in any of these resorts. The available discounts on the AP site seem to change frequently. I'll check for you again later in day and will post to this thread if I find anything.

Additional: Comments: I guess I should have been a little more specific - The AP site is not showing any rooms available for your dates at the WL either at the AP rate or rack rate. It appears the resort is sold out!

CRSNDSNY said:
Would you mind checking the 9th and 10th? THANKS!!!

I booked the AP rate at WL early last week, eta 12/8 dept 12/13 at the above rate. This was for a courtyard view, which was the only thing that was available for WL. I even inquired about the suites, not available.

You cannot put in an option of the view you want. I do not like that feature of the new system.

LoveMickey said:
I booked the AP rate at WL early last week, eta 12/8 dept 12/13 at the above rate. This was for a courtyard view, which was the only thing that was available for WL. I even inquired about the suites, not available.

You cannot put in an option of the view you want. I do not like that feature of the new system.

What are you referring to that you can't put a view in? When you put your dates, and select the resort you wish to check on, you get a listing of the room types that are available. If there's more than CY view available it will be listed.

When you confirm the reservation, there's an entry field at the bottom of the form that lets you put in additional information.

The site works just like the regular reservation site.

Brian

I did secure a CY view room at WL for 11/29-12/3 for $185/night + tax.

crazy4wdw said:
Additional: Comments: I guess I should have been a little more specific - The AP site is not showing any rooms available for your dates at the WL either at the AP rate or rack rate. It appears the resort is sold out!

I may be wrong on this one, but I don't believe the AP site will show rack rate room availability. It only shows availability for AP rate rooms?? :confused3

I did check out the regular reservation site though and they are not listing any rooms available for 12/9 for 2 nights. I'm wondering what's going on?

The week before, which is when I'm going they have all 4 room categories available. A system glitch??

Brian

I was just playing around with different options and the web site did show availability in a courtyard room for 12/9 - 12/11 at rack rate. Not sure about AP rates but there are rooms....courtyard is the only option that comes up so it looks like the rest of the resort is sold out.

CRSNDSNY: I checked for you again this morning at 7:30 am. The AP site is still not showing any AP rates for WL for your dates. It is still showing AP rates for CBR, CSR, SSR, and AKL. If you check the WDW site for rack rates for your dates, it is still showing no rooms available at WL.

crazy4wdw said:
CRSNDSNY: I checked for you again this morning at 7:30 am. The AP site is still not showing any AP rates for WL for your dates. It is still showing AP rates for CBR, CSR, SSR, and AKL. If you check the WDW site for rack rates for your dates, it is still showing no rooms available at WL.
Then in that case I feel lucky that I already have it booked with AAA rate! Thanks so much for checking. Now I don't feel pressured to buy our vouchers immediately. Phew!

12/9 & 10 is a Friday/Saturday, the resorts are usually more full for weekends in early December.

DebbieB said:
12/9 & 10 is a Friday/Saturday, the resorts are usually more full for weekends in early December.
True. In fact, I am lucky we got our DVC resort for the Sunday - Friday. There was only one DVC available for when we wanted to go! Luckily, it was the one we wanted -- SSR. :sunny: I guess that's what you get for waiting until the 'last minute' to decide to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter