AP Passholder who booked "Room only"........can I add DDP?

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
Hello folks,

I'm not seeing a good FAQ and this is something I know someone on the DIS Boards will know.

My wife and I are AP holders :-). We just booked 4 days/3 nights for June..........Room only. Would I be able to add the regular DDP to our reservation? I can't seem to find a way to do it online..........can I call the dining number?

I still need to run the numbers as to it being worth it with the AP discounts/TIW.......but I'm curious. :P

Thanks in advance for the help.

Doug :goofy:

Yes. You'll have to call the room reservations number and have your room only reservation converted to a "ticketless" package.

You cannot add a dining plan to a room only reservation. As an AP holder you might be able to go online and book a ticketless package on the AP site. If not, you will have to phone to book the ticketless package. it will have all the requirements and limitations of a regular package ($200 deposit, final payment deadline date, fees if making changes after the final due date, etc.)

When you call, the CM will likely try to book a new room for you. If the rate for that new room is higher, insist on converting the room only reservation to a ticketless package. The CM will likely have to put you on hold to talk with someone at Disney Command Base X5603 Lunar Outpost, which could take time, but it's always successful. And make sure you add room requests and customize magic bands again, since technically you have a new reservation.

Sure you can. You just have to call to do it...can't be done online. "Room Only" discounts still apply, but no discounts on the dining.
If the OP adds a paid dining plan, it becomes a ticketless package and package rules apply. It is no longer a room only reservation. If a room rate discount is available it can be applied even though it is a package.

Thanks folks.................I still need to run the numbers on this. I also have the AP discounts and TIW...........so a DDP is not a requirement........was just a thought.

Thanks folks.................I still need to run the numbers on this. I also have the AP discounts and TIW...........so a DDP is not a requirement........was just a thought.

If you already have TiW, you're going to find it difficult to make the numbers on the DDP work.

If you already have TiW, you're going to find it difficult to make the numbers on the DDP work.

I don't disagree, but we have the Yachtsman Steakhouse on this dining list.............my wife is a steak-lover :) I definitely need to run the #'s to see what's up.

I don't disagree, but we have the Yachtsman Steakhouse on this dining list.............my wife is a steak-lover :) I definitely need to run the #'s to see what's up.

Still don't think it matters. With the DDP now at $67+ per day for an adult, that places an approximate value of $45 on each TS credit. Since it takes two TS credits at YS, there's nothing remotely near $90 that you can purchase there on the DDP.

But, with TiW, it really helps bring down the price on those $45-60 entrees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter