AP Partial Refund or AP Cancellation

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Shanghai the “extension period” is from when the park closed in January till reservations are over (APs are still active to use during reservation period With a limit of one reservation a week)

As I’m understanding with WDW (though things change daily) the “extension period” is March 16-July 11 with only a limited quota of reservations on select days allotted for AP consumption

From the AP email I received, I am reading it the same way for Disney World. I was pretty disappointed in Disney when I read this. My AP is worth far less per day (to me) during this period when I may/may not even be able to get into a park, wear a mask mask... (wait, you have heard all the negatives).

I hope they extend the credit time until the parks are back at regular operations.

I agree with going for the cancellation, it's not going to be like it was for a very long time. Explain the reasons well and it should be possible

Just got off the phone with VIPassholder .

They don't have any new information, the CM flat out just said whatever we see online on the WDW site is what they have
I did ask about blockout dates.
For example my pass expired May 15th and I had Gold so had those 2 weeks in April blocked out. He said if you take the extension or refund they will deduct whatever blocked out dates were. so instead of me getting about 60 day extension (March 16 through May 15) I would get less days cause they will take out those blocked out days.
He "hopes" that the extension/refund option will be available before the parks actually open so people can have their passes all settled out for the reservation system.
No point calling right now

Just got off the phone with VIPassholder .

They don't have any new information, the CM flat out just said whatever we see online on the WDW site is what they have
I did ask about blockout dates.
For example my pass expired May 15th and I had Gold so had those 2 weeks in April blocked out. He said if you take the extension or refund they will deduct whatever blocked out dates were. so instead of me getting about 60 day extension (March 16 through May 15) I would get less days cause they will take out those blocked out days.
He "hopes" that the extension/refund option will be available before the parks actually open so people can have their passes all settled out for the reservation system.
No point calling right now

So when they asked us to call about 2 months ago for selecting the partial refund option it was just a probing mission? Recall that they told me they would contact me via phone once an opening date was set. I wonder if they will call July 10th?

So when they asked us to call about 2 months ago for selecting the partial refund option it was just a probing mission? Recall that they told me they would contact me via phone once an opening date was set. I wonder if they will call July 10th?
he actually said your ap will reflect the extension on July 11th, and I said, well that's not right cause we have to have the ability to make reservations
He said: are you looking to reserve hotel, dining or fp?
I said: no, reservation to get into the parks
He (long pause)
Yeah you're right the system will probably update a couple of weeks before
Poor CM have no additional info than what we are reading

he actually said your ap will reflect the extension on July 11th, and I said, well that's not right cause we have to have the ability to make reservations
He said: are you looking to reserve hotel, dining or fp?
I said: no, reservation to get into the parks
He (long pause)
Yeah you're right the system will probably update a couple of weeks before
Poor CM have no additional info than what we are reading

That's even more concerning in a way. The more I think about it, I am leaning that my partial refund option will not materialize until July 10th. I get the sense they will want to hold onto all that partial refund option AP capital/money for as long as they can.

That's even more concerning in a way. The more I think about it, I am leaning that my partial refund option will not materialize until July 10th. I get the sense they will want to hold onto all that partial refund option AP capital/money for as long as they can.
I'm concerned my ap extension won't come soon soon enough to book opening day. I will be sending another email by June 15th if I haven't seen any movement on info. BTW I went to guest relations at DS and they can't do anything either

I'm concerned my ap extension won't come soon soon enough to book opening day. I will be sending another email by June 15th if I haven't seen any movement on info. BTW I went to guest relations at DS and they can't do anything either

That's exactly it. How can you/guest make a reservation for July 11th if the booking window doesn't reflect the extended AP? It won't effect us as we are weekday holders, but for others I would be hunting this down with vigor.

This is what I'm worried about as well, since mine expired on May 10th. I have to call again (ugh) and get another FP+ key card for our new dates (July 17-21) since I can't make fastpasses. I also am struggling to move our flights - Delta had tons of ~$100 flights, and now they're all gone. I have to call to move the dates, the call system says it's too busy to take calls & disconnects. Can't move them online, can't do them via chat with the virtual assistant, can't get through on the phone or even join the call back list.

I called and spoke to a CM about cancellation. This is MY experience based upon MY feelings about it all and the reasons I gave for MY family. Disclaimer: One position doesn't fit all.

She was very helpful. Super kind and eager to help. She suggested I (her words) "hold tight before you submit as the extension date has not been issued. We never know what Disney may do to accommodate". I explained to her that we would not be going to Disney if we are told to wear masks, have to watch where we stand, cannot interacts with CMs, we are unable to meet characters and we get 25% of the experience for full price. She again tried to get me to wait suggesting Disney's extension date may be better than I am expecting and I told her in my opinion all of this is extreme for a virus with a 99.8% recovery rate and I really do not want a stringent vacation and I will not return until things are normal.....and she said that is a very good reason to submit for cancellation and she did it for my family on the phone. Said it would be about 2 weeks before we get a response.

I called and spoke to a CM about cancellation. This is MY experience based upon MY feelings about it all and the reasons I gave for MY family. Disclaimer: One position doesn't fit all.

She was very helpful. Super kind and eager to help. She suggested I (her words) "hold tight before you submit as the extension date has not been issued. We never know what Disney may do to accommodate". I explained to her that we would not be going to Disney if we are told to wear masks, have to watch where we stand, cannot interacts with CMs, we are unable to meet characters and we get 25% of the experience for full price. She again tried to get me to wait suggesting Disney's extension date may be better than I am expecting and I told her in my opinion all of this is extreme for a virus with a 99.8% recovery rate and I really do not want a stringent vacation and I will not return until things are normal.....and she said that is a very good reason to submit for cancellation and she did it for my family on the phone. Said it would be about 2 weeks before we get a response.

Thanks for the report. We are of a similar opinion and will most likely ask for a cancellation. We are going to wait another week or two to see if they come out with more information. If Disney waits until early July to provide more information there is a greater chance of us asking for the cancellation.

I understand why Disney's IT may not have the systems in place yet but I would hope they come out with the policies soon.

we opted for an extension because we have a trip in Sept booked on rented DVC points that originally our passes would have expired 2 days into our trip, so with extension I would not have to buy tickets. Was looking forward to going another time when the holiday stuff starts in nov but who knows now if we would be able to book anything for then.

I hope the extension is further extended until you no longer have to make reservations to get into the parks. My parents have unused PH tickets and those automatically were extended until September 2021. Our passes should fall into something similar so we can use them when times are easier to plan.

I hope the extension is further extended until you no longer have to make reservations to get into the parks. My parents have unused PH tickets and those automatically were extended until September 2021. Our passes should fall into something similar so we can use them when times are easier to plan.
I’m hoping this is the case as this is what Shanghai seems to be practicing if so I’ll keep my AP in good faith (fwiw I live an hour away) if not and the clock restarts on July 11th where it’s already been stated AP’s will have “a hard time reserving admission” and will have “limited access” I’ll probably consider the partial refund and let my pass expire Nov 2020 as planned

I purchased a Florida Silver Annual pass for my daughter which she activated in October. At the time I knew she was moving to Alexandria, Va in late May or early June. Under those parameters it was worth it since she'd really only miss 1 month of use. I hope Disney does allow cancellations as she has lost half of the months she could have used the pass and won't be able to use it during the extension.

Since I purchased the AP as a birthday gift, do I call or does my daugter have to call?

Last edited:
I purchased a Florida Silver Annual pass for my daughter which she activated in October. At the time I knew she was moving to Alexandria, Va in late May or early June. Under those parameters it was worth it since she'd really only miss 1 month of use. I hope Disney does allow cancellations as she has lost half of the months she could have used the pass and won't be able to use it during the extension.

Since I purchased the AP as a birthday gift, do I call or does my daugter have to call?

It would be best if she called since the AP is in her name, but you can call together as well.

If WDW chooses to allow AP holders' to cancel their passes how do you think that will work in terms of a refund? My thought is that it would be from the time the parks closed until your original date of expiration. In our case the expiration date is 11/2020. So if my formula is correct we would get a refund for about 8 months of our cost of the pass. It's platinum so no blackout dates involved. Some in our party are in the higher risk category and will probably feel safer letting the pandemic slow down before we return.

If WDW chooses to allow AP holders' to cancel their passes how do you think that will work in terms of a refund? My thought is that it would be from the time the parks closed until your original date of expiration. In our case the expiration date is 11/2020. So if my formula is correct we would get a refund for about 8 months of our cost of the pass. It's platinum so no blackout dates involved. Some in our party are in the higher risk category and will probably feel safer letting the pandemic slow down before we return.

If they went this route I'm guessing they would have to also look at how many days someone used the pass. We activated our gold pass in mid November. We got 12 days of park time in the four months before WDW was shut down. I don't plan to go back before this November, but really don't expect Disney to refund me 2/3 of the price when I got 12 days of use.

Now people who didn't get any use, or a few days, should have some sort of recourse to get a refund. I suggested in another thread that a fair equation for a refund would be the annual pass price minus the corresponding park hopper ticket of days used. So if someone got one 6-day trip, they would get a refund of the price difference of the AP and a 6 day hopper.

In my personal case, I'm happy to take the refund of the days the parks are closed. If they decide to allow cancellations of the unused months without looking at use I would be surprised. But Disney has done weirder things.

I would be looking for a refund from 3/16 until my expiration date. I would not expect to consider the days I used, only the days the park was available for my use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter