AP Park Res Not Required/Staged Park Closings

Status
Not open for further replies.

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
What do we think will happen during extremely busy times, ie Xmas, NYE, if you don’t have a park res and have an AP? Are they still doing the staged closings? Would you be denied entry? Can you even make a park res, when not required, if you have an AP? We will be staying onsite at that time and have Sorcerer passes, so no blockout dates.

Personally if I was concerned I would make a park reservation on days I wish to go there if park capacity was a concern. You have a valid point about the dates you’re mentioning. Does your pass allow you to make park reservations even though it’s not currently required?

The process of not needing a park reservation is only 3 days old and it’s a quieter time of year right now. Disney may announce updates for busier times of year. It’s just too early to know.

Personally if I was concerned I would make a park reservation on days I wish to go there if park capacity was a concern. You have a valid point about the dates you’re mentioning. Does your pass allow you to make park reservations even though it’s not currently required?

The process of not needing a park reservation is only 3 days old and it’s a quieter time of year right now. Disney may announce updates for busier times of year. It’s just too early to know.
"The process of not needing a park reservation is only 3 days old".... what are you talking about? Park pass reservations are no longer required? How did I miss that? (Or are you talking about the after 2PM for AP holders?)

"The process of not needing a park reservation is only 3 days old".... what are you talking about? Park pass reservations are no longer required? How did I miss that? (Or are you talking about the after 2PM for AP holders?)
This thread is speaking (per the thread title) and OP’s question) of Annual Pass Park Reservations and that is what the OP is asking specifically about so that’s what I responded to.

All other park reservations are still required. There have been no other changes.

Sorcerers passes have block out days, don’t they?
What do we think will happen during extremely busy times, ie Xmas, NYE, if you don’t have a park res and have an AP? Are they still doing the staged closings? Would you be denied entry? Can you even make a park res, when not required, if you have an AP? We will be staying onsite at that time and have Sorcerer passes, so no blockout dates.

As I'm reading it, a Sorcerer's pass DOES have blockout dates regardless of where you are staying. It is not eligible to be used between Dec 20, 2023 and Jan 3, 2024. If you wish to visit the parks between those dates I believe you would need to upgrade to an Incredi Pass.

It's very rare that a park is closed to hoppers, so I guess it's possible it'll happen but it seems unlikely. I agree with @scrappinginontario - if getting in to a particular park on a particular day is a must for you, reserve it.

And yes Sorcerer does have blackout dates - but I wonder if you can "hop" into any park you want after 2PM, even during those blackout dates?

This thread is speaking (per the thread title) and OP’s question) of Annual Pass Park Reservations and that is what the OP is asking specifically about so that’s what I responded to.

All other park reservations are still required. There have been no other changes.
Yeah, so the After 2 PM rule.

Thoughts:
New system/rules are brand new. We will learn together what reality will be. Maybe the hard way.
Definitely make a park reservation if you WANT/NEED to be in that park.
I think there will be a whole lot more park closings going forward. The parks are going to be packed.
I think the new system is a marketing idea for locals. Pop into a park when you want. It just may NOT be the one you wanted.

Thoughts:
New system/rules are brand new. We will learn together what reality will be. Maybe the hard way.
Definitely make a park reservation if you WANT/NEED to be in that park.
I think there will be a whole lot more park closings going forward. The parks are going to be packed.
I think the new system is a marketing idea for locals. Pop into a park when you want. It just may NOT be the one you wanted.
Thus far it has not made a difference in crowds this week and I really don't think it will, it just leaves more flexibility to the passholder. It was way more crowded at the tail end of spring break compared to how it's been since this past Saturday.

I moved this thread to the Community board earlier this morning as it's discussing situations that we don't know exact details about. E.g. Will an AP holder require a park reservation during busier times of the year if visiting after 2PM? We just don't know and that was the first post, thus the thread is in Community.

It's very rare that a park is closed to hoppers, so I guess it's possible it'll happen but it seems unlikely. I agree with @scrappinginontario - if getting in to a particular park on a particular day is a must for you, reserve it.

And yes Sorcerer does have blackout dates - but I wonder if you can "hop" into any park you want after 2PM, even during those blackout dates?

I really don't see how you would be able to, seems to defeat the purpose of blackout dates to me if that kind of glaring loophole existed. The blackout is for the dates not for the reservations.

Disney’s website is clear. AP Blockout dates apply.

It’s a typo. We have incredipasses. We are out of state AP holders. So no block outs. So dates are not a factor as originally stated. Not trying to get around anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter