• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP, PAP, UPH Questions

JDY

DIS Veteran
The break even point for an Annual Pass is about 8 days and 13 for a Premium.

Would I be able to change my Package reservation made through Disney Club to include AP's or PAP's?

Would it be worth it?

Would I lose any benefits of not having an UPH?

OR...Can we upgrade an UPH to an AP when we arrive at WDW?

We are going for 8 nights, 9 days.

Thanks....Sorry if this is confusing

You're already going for 8 days. AP would just make more sense. Esp, if you can go back next year, definitely do AP. AP Hotel rates may save you big bucks compared to DC rate.

I'd call DC and ask how much your hotel room's AP rate is. You don't need to prove you're AP holder until you check in. AP rate normally is better than DC rate. Depends on your hotel package though, some package are room+ticket. In that case, you cannot just drop the ticket part and still get the package rate. But I think you can always switch to room-only resssie and use AP as ticket, if the total is cheaper.

I think UPH includes water parks (am I right?), whereas regular AP doesn't include those. However, the other benefits (e.g. free parking, discounts to restaurants) are pretty much the same. If you're only going 8 days, I'd choose the regular AP instead of the PAP. (I dont' think you can do it all in 8 days, esp if this is your first couple of trips).

I don't think you can upgrade UPH to AP. My understanding is that you can only upgrade never-been-used x-days park tix to AP, not the length of stay pass, because these expire after you check out. But call DC and ask anyways.

Hope this help! If I have mistakes above, please jump in and correct me.

We're going in just a couple days. I bought PAP's since we will be there for 11 days and plan to do the waterparks and Disney Quest while there. We also are tenatively planing to go back for Spring Break in 2003.

It all depends on the length of your stay and what all you want to do while your there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter