• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I know that Disney isn’t selling AP’s right now, but have read that if a persons had expired it could still be renewed. Mine expired in November 2019, I was going to renew, but decided to wait until my next trip, which was tentatively scheduled for March 2020. Well, everyone knows what happened. Anyway, we’re going in a couple of weeks and I’ve already bought a 4 day pass (through Disney). If I go to guest services could I possibly upgrade my ticket to an AP??

Is there a thread or information regarding the Florida water park passes?
They are finally showing up in MDE but with no extension.
I spoke with a CM at MK in August and he said there would be a one month extension on the water park tickets when they finally came back as they had disappeared from MDE (no word then on an opening date).

if there’s not an extension I don’t want to call and make a fuss, but im wondering if it’s an oversight

found it on Disney’s website!
“Water Parks and Water Parks After 2 Annual Passes active at the time the Water Parks were closed will be automatically extended for the period both Water Parks were closed. Not all Water Park Annual Passes have been extended yet, but such extensions should be completed by March 7, 2021. As an alternative, water park Passholders may instead choose to cancel their pass. To choose this option, please call (407) 939-2732.”

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/#water-parks?

Our out of state platinum annual passes were originally suppose to expire on Oct. 25, 2020. We took the extension and now they are expiring 3/21/21. Will we be able to renew? I'm so confused...

Our out of state platinum annual passes were originally suppose to expire on Oct. 25, 2020. We took the extension and now they are expiring 3/21/21. Will we be able to renew? I'm so confused...
Yes. Was told if you have any booking in place don’t have to wait until the normal month prior to do so
Is it a voucher or expires in a year? Is it full price?
It will extend your current expiry date a year from your current expiry date.

Price will reflect any discount (i.e. DVC) for which you are eligible

Yes. Was told if you have any booking in place don’t have to wait until the normal month prior to do so

It will extend your current expiry date a year from your current expiry date.

Price will reflect any discount (i.e. DVC) for which you are eligible

we are heading to Disney in three days so I wasn't sure if it would be easier to deal with this while we're there. lol

Did you upgrade at the parks with customer service or over the phone?
Over the phone. Called the general ticket number, they validated that I had gotten the refund and filled out the form for me. They then said someone would call me back I’m a week. It took more like a month and I just had to pay the difference between the 10 day and gold passes.

I know that Disney isn’t selling AP’s right now, but have read that if a persons had expired it could still be renewed. Mine expired in November 2019, I was going to renew, but decided to wait until my next trip, which was tentatively scheduled for March 2020. Well, everyone knows what happened. Anyway, we’re going in a couple of weeks and I’ve already bought a 4 day pass (through Disney). If I go to guest services could I possibly upgrade my ticket to an AP??
Can’t do it if expired before closure

No, Disney has no concern for those of us in this situation as of right now. 😔 We'll be there next week and may end up having to cancel trips later this year.

I am in the same situation, mine expired Dec. 2019. My son's pass expired March 24, 2020 so after closing. I was going to wait until March to buy a new one so we'd have matching dates. After Covid hit his pass was extended to August and no new passes sold. I have tried multiple times to ask them to let me buy one but nope. I ended up renewing his and I have purchased 3 tickets for myself so far. My child has a pass but I can't get one, makes no sense.

I am in the same situation, mine expired Dec. 2019. My son's pass expired March 24, 2020 so after closing. I was going to wait until March to buy a new one so we'd have matching dates. After Covid hit his pass was extended to August and no new passes sold. I have tried multiple times to ask them to let me buy one but nope. I ended up renewing his and I have purchased 3 tickets for myself so far. My child has a pass but I can't get one, makes no sense.
Because your pass expired before the closing

I have been on hold with the AP customer service line for 95 minutes! Is this what others have experienced? ETA- eventually made it through. Perhaps just unlucky :/

Last edited:
I know you can be put on a call back list to buy a new AP if you cancelled during this process... does anyone know if you buy a regular ticket if you'd be able to upgrade to an AP at guest relations?

Hoping some of you knowledgeable people can help me. :) I have an AP voucher that I purchased for our trip in May 2020. Of course that got cancelled. I haven't stayed up to date very much because I wasn't sure when we were going to go. We now are booked for the end of April! WOOHOO!
my question is do AP holders still get the MemoryMAker/Photapass benefit that used to come with the AP? Things are so different right now and with AP's not being sold I can't find the information. Thank you for help! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter