AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I received my annual pass refund in July. Will be back in WDW this March and I have a 6 day park ticket. Would I be allowed to convert that park ticket into an AP? I don't go often but do plan to be back Feb 2022 so this would be great for me. I am also DVC if that makes a difference. Thanks.
Yes. We took the refund choice in August. We were going to take it earlier but we’re advised by the CM that we didn’t have to submit until 8/10 and we rebooked our June trip for July/August and said we could still use them for that trip and then request refund so we did.

I had 10 day tickets and they let me upgrade to the gold APs just a few weeks ago.

29 days in from my first call requesting new Gold AP for family member that I had cancelled

shoveling snowo_Omissed the call. They left voicemail to call them back

13 minutes on hold and they were taking my CC info. The CM offered to link the pass to my MDE

yea!

Sent out an email a couple weeks ago asking to check up on the status of our refunds. I got a response a few days ago saying that I needed to call and nothing had been processed yet. I called today and the CM confirmed nothing had been processed. They escalated my request to the help team, whole call took about an hour. They should be mailing us individual checks for each AP. Now I guess I play the waiting game.

I know this has probably been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer...
I had an annual pass that expired during the closure. I let it expire since I found we had already had good usage of it. My daughter who was 2 at the time is now 3...
Can I call to ask for an AP voucher for myself and my now 3-year-old daughter? If so, do I call the Annual passholder or ticketing line?
And they are really AP vouchers (non activated) right? I wouldn't want a renewal since we don't know yet if we will be able to make it this summer (we are from Canada)
Thanks!

I know this has probably been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer...
I had an annual pass that expired during the closure. I let it expire since I found we had already had good usage of it. My daughter who was 2 at the time is now 3...
Can I call to ask for an AP voucher for myself and my now 3-year-old daughter? If so, do I call the Annual passholder or ticketing line?
And they are really AP vouchers (non activated) right? I wouldn't want a renewal since we don't know yet if we will be able to make it this summer (we are from Canada)
Thanks!
[/

Thanks!
Reports I’ve read here are that people whose APs expired during the closure have been able to buy new AP vouchers that can be activated any time up to 12/31/2030 (yes, 2030) by calling the VIPassholder line.

Reports I’ve read here are that people whose APs expired during the closure have been able to buy new AP vouchers that can be activated any time up to 12/31/2030 (yes, 2030) by calling the VIPassholder line.
My Voucher is good till the end of the century....:):)

Theme Park Select Pass

Expires: Thu, Dec 31, 2099

I was able to buy mine yesterday,
The CM told me that they were calling people back, but not in the exact order they got the request, they were calling people who had rooms booked soon first..a little tip for some still waiting, book a room a few weeks out...
I didn't because I was waiting to see if they called me, took 4 weeks... but they said they have a lot more requests now than they did then.

Last edited:
I received my annual pass refund in July. Will be back in WDW this March and I have a 6 day park ticket. Would I be allowed to convert that park ticket into an AP? I don't go often but do plan to be back Feb 2022 so this would be great for me. I am also DVC if that makes a difference. Thanks.
I’m sure this will work. I was in a similar situation for my upcoming trip. I was on the call-back list for purchasing an AP (after canceling in July, now DVC so actually wanting a Gold AP if allowed). I was getting so worried about not being able to make park reservations as I waited weeks for the call. One of the times I called to check status and express concern about not being able to make park reservations a CM advised me to purchase a ticket for myself so I could make reservations and when I got the call back they could apply the cost of my ticket to the AP. They said worst case I could do this at Guest Services when I arrived. However, when I later was on the phone with Member Services to purchase tickets via the DVC ticket number, after confirming I was on the list for an AP call-back, they allowed me to purchase a Gold AP.

called me, took 4 weeks... but they said they have a lot more requests now than they did then.
I found it interesting yesterday during my conversation that this accommodation was referenced as “this program”...as to it being “unexpectedly popular” among DVC members.

Was explained they are diverting CMs from multiple other departments including sports/convention booking department up to IT personnel to try to clear the backlog.

Got my call back today,after about a 3 week wait. I was able to buy new passes DVC gold for my 2 granddaughters. Their passes were cancelled and we received refund for them. They also let me buy DVC gold passes for my husband and myself. We were at Disney 2 weeks ago and I stopped by guest services to purchase the girls passes and the CM insisted that I could buy passes but they would be active immediately. The girls weren’t with us and will not be going until May. I told him that and he said I could revisit it in May. He said they were making a one time exception for people who canceled. I am so glad I just waited for my call back. Don’t get discouraged if you are waiting for a call back.

I found it interesting yesterday during my conversation that this accommodation was referenced as “this program”...as to it being “unexpectedly popular” among DVC members.

Was explained they are diverting CMs from multiple other departments including sports/convention booking department up to IT personnel to try to clear the backlog.
I was told that too. when I tried to call them back on the number they used to called me, it was the sports/convention line...

I posted about this a few days ago more in depth on the Tickets + How to Upgrade thread post (#10,358) but my info may be more relevant to this thread so I’ll give a brief summary here.

My DH and I had Florida Resident Weekday Select Passes that were set to expire sometime in mid March 2020 (I can’t remember the exact date), but with the various extensions due to the parks being closed they ultimately expired on August 19, 2020. I didn’t try to renew them at the time because we had no idea when we’d be going back but I have just recently planned a two week trip in December 2021 so I decided to see what could be done.
We ended up going to Guest Services at Disney Springs, where I was directed to their ticketing office. The result is that both my husband and myself were able to upgrade to Florida resident platinum APs, which is what we wanted. We were charged the regular Florida resident AP rate, not the renewal rate, but I was surprised that we didn’t have to get weekday select passes again. And these passes will begin to run on the date of first use.

We’re very pleased with this result and with the helpfulness of the cast member!

Our passes expired in January. I am sadly out of the renewal period. Btw received no email or communication from Disney that it was time to renew. CM said I might be eligible to get passes but these would be at new pass purchase price not renewal. Planning an end of March trip, but CM said it may take 30 days to determine if the passes are eligible for “recovery”. Not sure if I should go ahead and get tickets so that I can make my park reservations or wait for the recovery Any advice?

I'm an out of stater (in frozen Texas) who requested a refund for our family of four back in April or May of 2020 (we were some of the lucky/brave/stupid ones that had a spring break trip to WDW in the middle of March and left the day before it all closed down). Our refund was processed fairly quickly, and I called about a month ago to see about buying new annual passes for a resort reserved for Thanksgiving 2021. They finally called me yesterday and were happy to take my $5,000 for a family of four Platinum Passes. It was right at four weeks. And I almost didn't answer because the call was from an 800 number and the caller ID did not say WDW. Luckily I did, and looking forward to getting back soon!

Is there a thread or information regarding the Florida water park passes?
They are finally showing up in MDE but with no extension.
I spoke with a CM at MK in August and he said there would be a one month extension on the water park tickets when they finally came back as they had disappeared from MDE (no word then on an opening date).

if there’s not an extension I don’t want to call and make a fuss, but im wondering if it’s an oversight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter