• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Does anyone know when the next extension of the Premier APs should happen now that DL has been closed for yet another month?

Also if you’re a family and you call for a new AP, will they let you purchase APs for everyone living in the same household or only those who currently hold an AP or had a cancelled/expired AP since March 2020? I’m guessing no but wondered if anyone had tried.

Anyone have any recent experience with receiving a AP cancellation refund when they originally paid with gift cards? I see some older mentions in this thread, but nothing recently. Trying to guess if I will get a check in the mail.

Received our refund on Platinum Plus AP's. Original expiration 6/21/20. Extended to 11/16/20. Full cancellation requested via email link and multiple phone calls.

We had 4 passes and 4 transactions showed up on 9/29 from Epcot Guest Services ($350.21 for one, $285.57 for three) for a grand total of $1206.92. Divided by 4 equals $301.73 per pass.

I called again because I'm a glutton for punishment.. Called AP line and waited on hold for 65 min and a wonderful CM answered and waited on hold for another 40 min and was told my refund was put back on my Disney Chase Visa back on 9/28/20. They couldn't tell me an amount. So, I called Disney Chase Visa and they have no record of any refund being sent to them from Disney. So now I don't know what to believe or what my options are...

I called again because I'm a glutton for punishment.. Called AP line and waited on hold for 65 min and a wonderful CM answered and waited on hold for another 40 min and was told my refund was put back on my Disney Chase Visa back on 9/28/20. They couldn't tell me an amount. So, I called Disney Chase Visa and they have no record of any refund being sent to them from Disney. So now I don't know what to believe or what my options are...

Keep looking at the Chase website. When it posts an image of your next credit card bill, look under the section for payments and credits. People have reported that the credit does not show up in the daily transactions on the website but does show up on the bill. People also have reported that the credit comes from "Epcot Guest Relations" and does not include the word "Disney." So if you're calling Chase to ask, ask them to tell you about all credits to your account since your last bill. Don't ask if you received a credit from "Disney."

Did anyone else get the "Please review your ANNUAL PASS contract." email today? This is for Florida residents on the monthly payment plan for APs. I logged in and it wants me to input my contract number and email. Problem is that my contract number is 11 digits but the online form only has room for 8. Go figure...

Did anyone else get the "Please review your ANNUAL PASS contract." email today? This is for Florida residents on the monthly payment plan for APs. I logged in and it wants me to input my contract number and email. Problem is that my contract number is 11 digits but the online form only has room for 8. Go figure...
Never mind, I figured it out. Just leave off the first three digits.

I just received an email about my AP extension:
Dear Valued Passholder,
Thank you for deciding to extend your annual pass(es) by the amount of time the Walt Disney World theme parks were closed.
To finalize this extension and confirm your new schedule of payments, please review and sign the amendment to your Annual Pass monthly payment agreement by following these 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Link your Annual Pass to your Disney account in MyDisneyExperience if you have not done so already
Step 2: Click here to consent to the use of an electronic signature
Step 3: Follow the instructions after providing this consent to sign your amendment and finalize your extension
Note that this pass extension may already be reflected in your MyDisneyExperience account. Please sign the amendment using the steps above by November 1, 2020, or this pass extension will be cancelled. If you need any assistance, please call (888) 701-4100 .

I clicked through and found the revised contract...
Regarding payments that were required to be paid under the Original Contract during the period March 14, 2020 - July 10, 2020 that were stopped, waived, forgiven or refunded, in consideration of the extension of the Passes as described above, such amounts shall be added back to the total sale price of the Passes, and Buyer agrees to pay such amounts on the dates as specified below and requests that such amounts be automatically charged to Buyer's payment card on file...

And it indicated three payments - in the correct amount! - to be made. I was a bit concerned because my AP expired in late March, and I renewed early in Jan - so by the time they halted payments, I'd already made 3 payments before the parks closed, which happened a week before my renewal took effect. But with those three payments, plus the payments that resumed in Aug (so, Aug, Sept and Oct so far, and then Nov. and Dec.), plus the extended 3 in the contract for Jan., Feb., and Mar. 2021, it will be a total of 12 payments, and my AP retains its extended expiration in Aug. 2021.

So, yeah - they managed to get that complicated situation right without any request or input from me... but they can't manage to get requested refunds processed properly?! Anyway, a heads up for anyone else who extended and does monthly payments.

Who chose to extend their passes while the parks were closed while doing monthly payments

Last edited:
Who chose to extend their passes while the parks were closed
Passes were extended automatically for the number of days the parks were closed, plus an additional month. If you took action to cancel, then you could get a pro rated refund. No action resulted in the extension.

Anyone have any recent experience with receiving a AP cancellation refund when they originally paid with gift cards? I see some older mentions in this thread, but nothing recently. Trying to guess if I will get a check in the mail.

We're in the same boat...Paid with gift cards at the park.

What amazes me is that Universal Orlando can take care of a cancellation in just two days. Disney...We've now been waiting for over 4 months.

Keep looking at the Chase website. When it posts an image of your next credit card bill, look under the section for payments and credits. People have reported that the credit does not show up in the daily transactions on the website but does show up on the bill. People also have reported that the credit comes from "Epcot Guest Relations" and does not include the word "Disney." So if you're calling Chase to ask, ask them to tell you about all credits to your account since your last bill. Don't ask if you received a credit from "Disney."
THANK YOU for the heads up that the credit will come from Epcot Guest Relations..I have been calling Disney Visa and asking about a credit from Disney. I will call Disney Visa again and maybe it will be there!

My daughter bought our APs using my Amex card (as an additional card holder) at GSs in September 2019. At the same time, she bought TiW using her personal credit card. My card is registered on our WDW account for room charges etc., AND the refunds for both our APs were refunded to my daughter’s personal credit card. As mentioned above from Epcot.

Still waiting....I think. I paid with gift cards and have no idea where they are

Still waiting....I think. I paid with gift cards and have no idea where they are
If you call the VIPassholder line, the message reiterates checks will be issued for AP’s that we’re paid With GC’s. It also echoes that the timeframe to send checks has been extended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter