AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I had called to cancel our annual passes last month (mid June) and got the email with the link to cancel a couple days ago. I called yesterday to follow up on my request from last month since I didn't want to use the email link and restart my place in the refund queue. I was told that when we called before (prior to the "official" notification and email link), it's just a request to cancel. It's not official. It's not guaranteed. They can see my "request" from last month but it's just sitting there. In order to make it official, you'll need to either call in again or use the email link.

Are you saying that your daughter received both the refund for the closure + the extension of several months? Do you think that's a mistake or because you requested the refund back in June? I thought that the several months extension was in lieu of the closure refund.
Yes - I can't think of anything else the credit from Epcot Guest Relations would be. So we got the refund and the extension from June 11, 2020 through November 5, 2020.

Waiting on hold right now (estimated time was over an hour). They called me back the other day 2 hours later than estimated and I was on a Zoom, so here we go again 😕 I don't understand why they can't just send me the email they were supposed to send.

They're playing these park ride songs (terrible sound quality) that I'm guessing is meant to bring on nostalgia but the jokes on them: it's making me never want to hear these songs again :wave2:

Has anyone called this number 888-701-4100 then press #3 then #1? The CM told me they handle billing and the refunds. Sounds like its the same number for AP contracts but CM said even though I paid in full they handle all refunds. Hold is like 400 minutes...? How is this acceptable?

I had called to cancel our annual passes last month (mid June) and got the email with the link to cancel a couple days ago. I called yesterday to follow up on my request from last month since I didn't want to use the email link and restart my place in the refund queue. I was told that when we called before (prior to the "official" notification and email link), it's just a request to cancel. It's not official. It's not guaranteed. They can see my "request" from last month but it's just sitting there. In order to make it official, you'll need to either call in again or use the email link.
I feel like this is just not true, as I also requested a refund in Mid June, never got the email (so couldn't make a decision that way), and I saw my refund come through on July 16th.

This mis-information between CMs is disturbing.

I feel like this is just not true, as I also requested a refund in Mid June, never got the email (so couldn't make a decision that way), and I saw my refund come through on July 16th.

This mis-information between CMs is disturbing.
Tell me about it. They Told me I requested a refund in May for the closure period which is not true. I asked for more information on a closure period refund since I was worried since we paid with Gift Cards and was told I'd receive a call back. Never did. Then 2 weeks ago I called and asked for a Cancel and Refund. The 117 days were never added. They did add the 30 days. On top of that I never received a email on my 2 options at all.

Does anyone know the current status on if and when we can buy annual passes?

I have multiple Disney trips coming up in 2021 that I'm getting ready to book and want to use an annual pass. Last time I checked it appeared that they had suspended the sales of them.

I got through right after my last post and the call only took a couple of minutes. I was able to cancel my pass and DH's pass (both Platinum). They had been activated at the end of January. The refunds won't be processed until "mid to late September". The passes are valid through the August 11th decision deadline, and the refund will be from July 11th through the end of the expiration date (the pushed out date that covers the closure, but not with the extra month).

The CM didn't know how much the refund would be. She said she believed the formula would take into account "how many access days are left." There are no changes possible on the decision once it's officially recorded. She said I will get an email confirmation within 48 hours.

The one piece of interesting information was that the cancelled passes are still usable until Aug. 11th, yet the refund will cover from July 11th onward. I'm not going during that time, but it seems so random. I guess it's because they are having issues with their cancellation and refund process.

The one piece of interesting information was that the cancelled passes are still usable until Aug. 11th, yet the refund will cover from July 11th onward. I'm not going during that time, but it seems so random. I guess it's because they are having issues with their cancellation and refund process.
Yes this is the information in the email and on the website. They are refunding from opening date. The August 11th date is the 30 day extension they are giving everyone regardless of their choice.

So much for trying to send an email:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We regret we were unable to respond to your inquiry with the expediency required.

A Cast Member will need to review your account. Please call us with your annual pass cards in hand.

Thank you for being part of our Annual Passholder family! For assistance with your Annual Pass, please call our Passholder Help Desk at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277). Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.
Yup. Just got that too and all I asked was that they send the email with the personalized link. Nope. Sorry, but for a company of its size, this is unacceptable, especially since they have no 800# 🤬

If you don't want the refund or the current extension, but what you do want is to be able to use your current AP for a trip next year, then please email Disney and tell them that. That 's what I did and they responded. Someone from Disney called me back and agreed to our AP's being extended for use from June 2021 thru Dec 2021. We have 2 trips planned during that time frame. I explained that I didn't know how much they would be refunding us, but I was sure that it wouldn't be enough to buy comparable tickets. (We had activated them in Dec 2019.)

After our phone conversation, I promptly received an email outlining everything we had talked about, and contact information if I needed further assistance. I had explained to the CM on the phone that there were so many other AP holders that were also unhappy about what was happening. She told me that they should email Disney and each person would be handled on a case by case basis. Please do so. The email address is:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

First I need to say it’s great you got a resolution that works for you so please don’t take this rant as directed at you.

I have emailed multiple times to that address. I have called at least twice (dating back to before the email about cancellation came out) with no answers. I did not hear anything back regarding the emails until yesterday, and it was basically regurgitating the AP options email. It it so damn frustrating that it’s all the luck of the draw when it comes to this. We cannot come even if we wanted to, as we don’t even live in the US. If they refund according to $$$ paid and time remaining like they should, our refunds will be very large, and we only used ours for 6 days, it’s not as if I’m trying to get something extra out of this. All I have wanted is to be able to freeze the passes and I have expressed this via email. One person gets canned responses, one person gets an outside the box solution.

It’s not case by case, it’s luck of the draw as to who you talk to and who reads your emails. And that is utterly ridiculous coupled with the lack of clarity and communication going on with this whole thing. I want to reiterate this isn’t directed at you, but what the heck Disney??

i agree, this info wasn’t correct. I called on April 28 to get refunded the closure period as our passes were expiring April 28 and June 3. I got an email for 1 of the 2 Passes and called. She could see we had them marked fir refund, but haven’t gotten any refund yet. Now my daughter called on June 14 to get a refund as her passes expired June 7. She has already gotten 3 or the 4 ticket refunds. She did not get any extension letter. There is no rhyme or reason or any logic. It’s like they are making up the rules as they go and every case is different.

They're playing these park ride songs (terrible sound quality) that I'm guessing is meant to bring on nostalgia but the jokes on them: it's making me never want to hear these songs again :wave2:
pirate::rolleyes1pirate::rolleyes1pirate::rolleyes1 Yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me
Anyone else feel like this hold music is Disney's attempt at virtual waterboarding?

My thought was that since they put Hamilton on Disney plus, they could play the original cast recording as hold music. I would have happily sung along to that while waiting.

Dang it, I am going to have to cancel my AP and my August trip. My daughter and my wife are flipping out about all the new cases of the virus in FL. We have been planning to go the 2nd week of Aug since January.

Dang it, I am going to have to cancel my AP and my August trip. My daughter and my wife are flipping out about all the new cases of the virus in FL. We have been planning to go the 2nd week of Aug since January.

I'm sorry :(
Here's hoping your next trip will be three times better than this one ever would have been (Fireworks, parades, a little bit of normal)

We never got the email to cancel, which I am seeing has been a issue with others too. I'm glad we are in this miserable boat together, and I'm not in this sinking ship alone.

WHY could this link not be added to the MyDisneyExperience?? I could have logged in and taken care of this in less than 5 minutes.

I was on hold last night for an hour- the CM tried to cancel our payment plan, but then said that the system wasn't taking our contract number. She tried to transfer us to the department that handles the monthly payments. Then I got, "All circuits are busy. Please call back later." Click.

I called this morning and it said my wait time was 61 minutes... I'm up to 2 hours 10 minutes.

Edited: now...3 hours...

Edited (again): ....3 hours 30 minutes.... still haven't talked to a human

Final Edit: 4 hours 10 minutes to get a human. The cancellation phone call took 3 minutes. The CM said that I will receive an email with the cancellation, our July payment will be refunded, and our passes are still good until Aug 11.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter