• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I just read a post that was very disturbing. Someone called for the refund for the closed time and was told that the refund was based on how many times you used your pass more than 7 days they compared the price of a 7 day ticket vs the AP price. Since they used the pass more than the timeframe they didn’t qualify for a refund. I was not happy to read this and I hope that’s not true Because that should not Be the formula. That would mean I’m not getting anything and only had my 12 month pass for 9 months. I bought a 12 month pass, not a 9 month pass. I had planned to use my pass for 14 days in April And 7 nights late May before it expired in June.

Refund? What about being charged more?

Just wait until those of us that used our AP's 30 plus days, GET CHARGED for 2 additional 10 day hoppers we "ENJOYED" before the changes.

Update: We got our partial refunds this AM. This does not negate my request for a full cancellation AP per their website and my e-mails. So now our AP refund plane is making the turn to final approach (apparently for late July).

I'm sorry for not following all the posts, but has the email with the detailed options been distributed yet? I haven't seen anything other than the two original partial refund or expiration extension.

I know they said early July, but coming up on mid-july and cannot recall seeing an additional email.

I'm sorry for not following all the posts, but has the email with the detailed options been distributed yet? I haven't seen anything other than the two original partial refund or expiration extension.

I know they said early July, but coming up on mid-july and cannot recall seeing an additional email.

I haven't seen anything.

I'm mostly convinced at this point that there is no plan for APs, and that's why nobody can get a solid answer to anything. They still haven't figured this out. And I imagine skyrocketing cases in FL is part of the problem: any thoughts WDW had about increasing park capacity pretty quickly must surely now be gone, so now they've got all these APers who were okay with waiting a few weeks' of full reservations, but are not okay wit not being able to get in for months. I get that this is a moving target, but WDW really, REALLY needs to break the silence and be clear about what's going on, even if the message is, "We're in uncharted territory and don't know how to handle this, but we're working on it." I think they now see some massive flaws in the AP system and need to not only deal with current APers, but at the same time create a new AP system that can withstand a pandemic.

As a point of interest, I called the monthly payments hotline a couple weeks ago and was told this: because I renewed early, my "March" payment (payment #1 of the renewal period that began Mar. 23) was made on the day I renewed - in January. So they don't consider that to be a March payment; it's a January payment, as far as WDW is concerned. For an AP that began in March. Why does this matter? Because despite the fact that the renewal period began in March, after parks closed, my first three payments were taken before parks closed and are, therefore, not considered to be eligible for a refund. If I opt to cancel, I'll have paid $150 for a pass that was never able to be used because it was paid in advance for a pass that wasn't active until parks closed. Crazy, right?! But that's the gigantic problem with the monthly payment system. Luckily, I'm local enough to get my money's worth by taking the extension, even if I don't visit until late Fall. But if I wanted to cancel, I'd forfeit those 3 payments that were taken in advance.

The fact that they're selling same-day tickets and not allowing APs entrance is infuriating. I can make allowances for nearly every other annoying aspect of how this has been handled, but not that. Unacceptable.

Supposedly, we will now hear back at the end of July...

Supposedly, we will now hear back at the end of July...
#DisneyIT

I think the mess on MK opening day of some paid in full APs being initially denied entry to be told by guest services their APs showed balances due means the back end of the AP system is a disaster zone. Maybe we got our first glimpse of this mess with the monthly passholder charges over the Fourth.

To my knowledge the refund was the default action they were going to take unless you called Passholder Support and specifically told them you wanted your contract extended by the months we were not aloud back in the park. I thought this had to be requested prior to the park's reopening. This might only be for passholders paying monthly, but I would call Passholder Support (407-939-7277). They can give you a more definitive answer. Heads up, though, there might be a little bit of a wait because of the recent charging/refund debacle.

Automatic refunds for payment plan passes are only refunds for any payments made while the parks were closed.

I just read a post that was very disturbing. Someone called for the refund for the closed time and was told that the refund was based on how many times you used your pass more than 7 days they compared the price of a 7 day ticket vs the AP price. Since they used the pass more than the timeframe they didn’t qualify for a refund. I was not happy to read this and I hope that’s not true Because that should not Be the formula. That would mean I’m not getting anything and only had my 12 month pass for 9 months. I bought a 12 month pass, not a 9 month pass. I had planned to use my pass for 14 days in April And 7 nights late May before it expired in June.
This is why some have been holding back on refund requests wanting to know the exact number. I don’t trust they’re going to process a pro-rated refund for all.

No response yet to my email from Friday. Now that I type it out, I guess it has barely been 1 business day. :tilt:
I am not willing to sit on the phone for hours, and the couple of times I've called I've gotten the "all circuits are busy" anyway. I asked for a refund between the cost of a premium pass and the DVC Gold pass, since they were closed over the Easter holiday we were scheduled to visit. If they do that, I'll accept the pass extension instead of a prorated refund or cancellation of the pass.

I actually called the VIP passholder phone # this morning (at 8:30am, only about 20 min wait total).... called to see if I could cancel my Annual Pass (originally expires Aug 27). I have previously called twice to add this request in, but the CM would say to call back when parks open. So today the CM said they were told to suggest people who want a full cancellation (not just refund the days closed) to wait and by end of July they will be rolling out a way to fully cancel online. He said he wouldn't recommend requesting it now since "as of right now can not guarantee a full cancel will be granted" .. but said if I wait, then *should* be able to do the online cancel when the online part is rolled out. I asked how they would refund if we bought through Costco (3rd party) and he did say if they don't have the original form of payment on file, will be mailing out a check (this is the 2nd CM that said checks would be sent out ) . I asked again when this website version would rollout, and he said they were told by end of July. I really hope they do let us do a full cancel since we live out of state ! So I hope everything he said is true, but I have seen so many different CM answers, just no idea anymore. :(

I actually called the VIP passholder phone # this morning (at 8:30am, only about 20 min wait total).... called to see if I could cancel my Annual Pass (originally expires Aug 27). I have previously called twice to add this request in, but the CM would say to call back when parks open. So today the CM said they were told to suggest people who want a full cancellation (not just refund the days closed) to wait and by end of July they will be rolling out a way to fully cancel online. He said he wouldn't recommend requesting it now since "as of right now can not guarantee a full cancel will be granted" .. but said if I wait, then *should* be able to do the online cancel when the online part is rolled out. I asked how they would refund if we bought through Costco (3rd party) and he did say if they don't have the original form of payment on file, will be mailing out a check (this is the 2nd CM that said checks would be sent out ) . I asked again when this website version would rollout, and he said they were told by end of July. I really hope they do let us do a full cancel since we live out of state ! So I hope everything he said is true, but I have seen so many different CM answers, just no idea anymore. :(

They make me nervous with the "just wait more time" line...

Are they going to subtract out the next 2 weeks from time you technically held the pass?

My daughter got a refund for 3 of her 4 AP. They expired on June 7th. She got $134 per pass. They were DVC gold passes. Not sure where the 4th pass refund is, but guessing a check is in the mail. This is only for refund for closure March-June 7. Here’s here email she received.CCA4184D-7BF1-41CC-B4F3-AB459D37A396.jpeg

They make me nervous with the "just wait more time" line...

Are they going to subtract out the next 2 weeks from time you technically held the pass?

It makes me nervous too! I even said "So if I wait I won't miss out on the refund or mess anything up, correct?" - they said "no".... I didn't even think they could subtract the 2 weeks (since technically I could be going. But I guess they can see if I did go? ) ..

Hi - we are planning a trip for Princess race in Feb, 2021. We have been AP holders for years. My AP expires Feb 16, 2021, so I cannot make park reservations for the Feb 19-21 weekend. I also cannot renew the AP until 60 days prior (mid-December). Is there any solution here? Do I have to just wait until December and then hope park reservations are still available? I don't want to buy separate park tickets when I am planning to renew my AP as usual. Any suggestions? thanks!

Hi - we are planning a trip for Princess race in Feb, 2021. We have been AP holders for years. My AP expires Feb 16, 2021, so I cannot make park reservations for the Feb 19-21 weekend. I also cannot renew the AP until 60 days prior (mid-December). Is there any solution here? Do I have to just wait until December and then hope park reservations are still available? I don't want to buy separate park tickets when I am planning to renew my AP as usual. Any suggestions? thanks!
VERY common (solvable) situation.
Call WDW (AP services) and explain.
One common solution is to allow the AP holder to renew at an earlier date.

I’m sure others have posted but wanted to confirm that I received refund for our 4 AP’s exp date 8/17. Credited back 800 dollars to card that was used to purchase them.
What kinda pass do u have. 800 seems low for 4 passes for 3 mth closure.

BTW, there is another solution that you can do on your own:
Buy standard tickets for your trip and make your reservations with them.
Then use those tickets' full value to upgrade to your AP renewals when you arrive.

Last edited:
We have AP's and just purchased tickets and liked them to ourselves for our upcoming trip. There ARE available dates for ticket holders but not for AP holders. The system will not allow me to book park days despite having tickets linked. Anyone have this happen? On hold with Disney for eternity...
I think this could be because the system is prioritizing your APs over the tickets. IT will have to switch it around and prioritize the tickets for use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter