• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Happy to report park reservations are unaffected by resort changes, as long as you keep the same reservation number.

Was also able to cancel and rebook a couple of park days today, to change our plans, with no glitches or issues of any kind.

IjaCSTG.gif

@JoJoGirl and @trishadono If either of you hear anything in regards to Sam's Club I'm interested to know. We are wondering how we'd get a refund on our APs because we purchased vouchers through Sam's Club.
I did not get a call back yet.

Curious but not worried . I have so many trips booked this year and next I could use the gift card(if thats what they do) on food.

I am going to PM you so I remember who I am supposed to talk to later.

We have now postponed 2 trips due to COVID.. one in May and one in June.. and moved it to Thanksgiving week in November at the Yacht Club- thinking that it may be a safe date for reopening (this was before it was announced that the parks were opening in July and all reservations were suspended). Our APs expire currently in November- but right before Thanksgiving. With the additional month that they are planning on giving AP's we would be fine with our Thanksgiving trip. However, now with the reservation system- we currently "do not have tickets" even though we have a valid resort reservation. I would love to move our trip to the week before THanksgiving.. but that is suspended as well. What are my options at this point.. I am thinking about buying tickets- but don't know if that would be unreturnable and our APs w/ the extra month extension would put us well within the timeframe of activity. Please help. I'm lost in this new Disney world.

If you are on the monthly plan, your passes will not be extended. They halted your payments and refunded you if you made a payment towards it at the end of March. I'm not sure about that extra month they mentioned, but as to the full time that the parks were closed, you will not get those months extended.

I was told on another thread that they would get extended, the 4 months plus the one month that is coming later. I only got one refund late last month and it wasn't even for the full amount of what we normally pay monthly. I'm fine if they want to recharge that because I'd rather an extension. We were told they flagged our account for the extension though. So not sure why we would be told they would do that if we weren't entitled to an extension at all.

I was told on another thread that they would get extended, the 4 months plus the one month that is coming later. I only got one refund late last month and it wasn't even for the full amount of what we normally pay monthly. I'm fine if they want to recharge that because I'd rather an extension. We were told they flagged our account for the extension though. So not sure why we would be told they would do that if we weren't entitled to an extension at all.

As long as you called and said you want an extension you'll get one (i'm monthly too, but still waiting on mine, UGH). It's just the default was refund

Yes, but at first I got the run around. See my story/post here: here

One thing I forgot to mention. Part of my case was that I had an Aug expiration, so was only 11 days out of the window.

Thank you! It took all of 30 minutes to renew by calling the Ticket Inquireies number. Not sure why the V.I.Passholder CM's didn't recommend this. I now have 4 renewal certificates assigned to all 4 Family members. They are showing an expiration date of 12/31/2030. My old AP's are still there too with their original expiration dates which is before we arrive in December. I tried to make park reservations for my dates in December 2020 but after selecting the 4 of us in our party, then selecting a date and park, it takes me to a page that says "Unable to Reserve". "Please make sure everyone in your party has the same eligibility type." Blah Blah Blah. I now have valid park tickets and a resort reservation. What am I doing wrong?

Has anyone had success upgrading their AP right now? I currently have a weekday select, but want gold.

My passes originally expired on Sept. 8, so our 60 day renewal window would be July 8. I have a stay booked for July 14-19. I had planned upgrade prior to our July trip to be able to go to the parks... Currently can't make park passes because my pass it blocked out those dates, but they also won't allow me to upgrade.

I have three trips booked between now and January... I had planned to have upgraded to a gold pass for those trips (as they span over weekends), but now they are saying I have to keep my weekday until the new February expiration date?
Sorry, Maybe this is a dumb question but what is the 60 day window everyone is talking about. My AP was set to expire 8/1/20. Now it is 11/21/20. If i want to renew do I have to do it within 60 days of the expiration?

UPDATE: We have a resort stay booked for March 2021. I have a valid AP for that time, but Hubby's was set to expire in July. After the extension, his new expiration date was November, which obviously didn't help us in planning/booking park reservations for March. After several failed attempts today, a CM very quickly was able to renew his AP based on the original date and we are all set! Here is what worked for us:

Call the "Ticketing Inquiry" number: 407-566-4985.
Call around 3pm - That seems to be the "changing of the guard."

We were on the phone with someone in less than 10 minutes, once our call went through (We started dailing at 3pm). The CM knew exactly what they were doing and had the matter solved within minutes. The renewed AP showed up in seconds.
After the call, I went ahead and made park reservations for March (6 days worth) with no issues!!!

Thank you! It took all of 30 minutes to renew by calling the Ticket Inquireies number. Not sure why the V.I.Passholder CM's didn't recommend this. I now have 4 renewal certificates assigned to all 4 Family members. They are showing an expiration date of 12/31/2030. My old AP's are still there too with their original expiration dates which is before we arrive in December. I tried to make park reservations for my dates in December 2020 but after selecting the 4 of us in our party, then selecting a date and park, it takes me to a page that says "Unable to Reserve". "Please make sure everyone in your party has the same eligibility type." Blah Blah Blah. I now have valid park tickets and a resort reservation. What am I doing wrong?
Give it 1/2 hour to propagate the info through. Disney's systems are spread out over a number of databases. If you're still having trouble, then call again.

A long shot that anyone can help me with this question but everyone in our family has a Platinum AP except for one of us, my son. He has an 8 day hopper I was planning to upgrade to an AP in May once we got to the parks. Obviously that trip didn't happen. So now we are trying to book all our park reservations for upcoming trips and surprisingly I was able to add him to 11 of our days, despite him only having the 8 day hopper. Did they give him the extra 3 days (8+3=11) because the rest of us have APs? Is there any possible way to upgrade his 8-day to an AP so we can continue making the rest of his park reservations?

Thank you!

Finally got through on the phone. They said it sounds like a glitch because technically he shouldn't have more than 8. They won't upgrade him to an AP yet, which I already knew, and wouldn't tell me when tickets would go back on sale. No surprise there. So she said I should just take screen shots of all the reservations as proof that we have them until tickets go back on sale for January 2021. Fun, fun. lol

Last edited:
Give it 1/2 hour to propagate the info through. Disney's systems are spread out over a number of databases. If you're still having trouble, then call again.

I figured it out. It was because we only have 3 on our resort reservation. I have to add my other daughter when they allow changes to resort reservations. She is not sure she can go yet. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING YOUR EXPERIENCE!!! Because of it, we were able to make all of our park reservations for December! What a long 2 days this has been!

I did not get a call back yet.

Curious but not worried . I have so many trips booked this year and next I could use the gift card(if thats what they do) on food.

I am going to PM you so I remember who I am supposed to talk to later.
I called and emailed about the fact that I don’t have the credit card anymore (it’s still active though) and wanted to cancel ONLY if I could receive a refund on a gift card or some other way. I received an email yesterday saying if the form of payment wouldn’t work for the refund they will send a check. That may be what they will do for you. Unfortunately that doesn’t actually answer my question because the refund will go back onto the card I used but I don’t even have the card anymore to use it.

I called and emailed about the fact that I don’t have the credit card anymore (it’s still active though) and wanted to cancel ONLY if I could receive a refund on a gift card or some other way. I received an email yesterday saying if the form of payment wouldn’t work for the refund they will send a check. That may be what they will do for you. Unfortunately that doesn’t actually answer my question because the refund will go back onto the card I used but I don’t even have the card anymore to use it.
Hmm I hope that works out!

Crazy times!

Can you cancel that card? If it is canceled they won’t be able to refund to it?

For those that were able to renew early, how early are we talking??? Our passes have yet to be extended (the original expiration date is 9/5) and we would be in that 60 day window come 7/7. So we are 2 weeks out from that right now. Are we close enough that it's worth a shot asking if we can renew early? And if we did renew early, then how does the extension work from there? This seriously is a huge hot mess lol

Question - those with resort stays are only allowed to book 14 CONSECUTIVE or 14 TOTAL park reservations? For example, if I have 3 upcoming resort stays totaling 20 days on property, how many days should I be able to reserve?

Sorry, Maybe this is a dumb question but what is the 60 day window everyone is talking about. My AP was set to expire 8/1/20. Now it is 11/21/20. If i want to renew do I have to do it within 60 days of the expiration?

You can start renewing up to 60 days before they are set to expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter