• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP expiring - how to access resorts without paying for parking

donnsuz

Mouseketeer
Our AP expires four days before our vacation ends. We would like to spend some time on those days exploring the resorts. We are staying off site so we can't just go park at the TTC and take the monorail or buses without paying for parking. Will we be able to get past the security gates in the parking lots at the resorts if we don't have room or dining reservations at the particular resort? Or could we park at Disney Springs and take buses to the resorts during the day?

It depends on the resort and how busy it is. Some you can park at pretty easily others you may have to valet or park at Disney springs and take the bus. Most of the time you can park at the resort though.

Our AP expires four days before our vacation ends. We would like to spend some time on those days exploring the resorts. We are staying off site so we can't just go park at the TTC and take the monorail or buses without paying for parking. Will we be able to get past the security gates in the parking lots at the resorts if we don't have room or dining reservations at the particular resort? Or could we park at Disney Springs and take buses to the resorts during the day?

I know AKL will let you check out the resort without reservations or anything. The Poly, Contemporary and Grand Floridian are more strict about letting people in to park, but if you go at midday, they might let you.

al resorts will let you park for 2 or 3 hours too look around shop eat. some resorts do not care on a time limit ( like most value) other do ( deluxe ) and also depending on time of the year if they will in force the 2 or 3 hour rule or not.

But for the Epcot resorts, don't they have that extra boardwalk parking lot for people going to the Boardwalk and such behind the gas station? that would be easy to visit all them and not have to move your car.....

AKL will usually let you in. The monorail resorts and Epcot resorts could go either way. I wouldn't count on any of them though without an ADR

But for the Epcot resorts, don't they have that extra boardwalk parking lot for people going to the Boardwalk and such behind the gas station? that would be easy to visit all them and not have to move your car.....

I have read that this lot is closed

I'd just spend the $20.00 and enjoy my day, but, that's me. You may have to drive from resort to resort, but, they usually will let you park to check out the place, but, it is more difficult in the MK resort areas. Other then paying at the parking lot in TTC and using Monorail, bus or boat transportation, the other option is Disney Springs. I'm not sure if that has changed since the arrival of the parking garages, but, that is a good staging area, or at least it once was.

Interesting to read, as we're planning this same thing for the summer. We are staying off site, but will have APs (don't know if that makes any difference). We plan to hit some resorts we've never visited before, just to see them...AoA, AKL, etc.. We've visited other resorts, but typically didn't need our car (Epcot resorts, monorail resorts). No way to do I want to use a WDW bus, no thanks. Hoping we can get in with our car just to visit for an hour or two.

Interesting to read, as we're planning this same thing for the summer. We are staying off site, but will have APs (don't know if that makes any difference). We plan to hit some resorts we've never visited before, just to see them...AoA, AKL, etc.. We've visited other resorts, but typically didn't need our car (Epcot resorts, monorail resorts). No way to do I want to use a WDW bus, no thanks. Hoping we can get in with our car just to visit for an hour or two.

Your AP includes parking privileges.

As others have noted the Epcot resorts are getting much more selective about who they let in to park. Their parking lots are not that large and there are many who try to use them to "beat the parking system". As someone who has stayed at the Boardwalk, found the parking lot full, and was told the only option was to pay for valet parking I fully support their increased parking enforcement.

That said we have always had success visiting AKL.

It sounds like time is not one of your major concerns so I would second parking at Disney Springs and use Disney transportation back and forth to the resorts.

Park your car for free in the downtown Disney garage and take a bus to your resort.

As others have noted the Epcot resorts are getting much more selective about who they let in to park. Their parking lots are not that large and there are many who try to use them to "beat the parking system". As someone who has stayed at the Boardwalk, found the parking lot full, and was told the only option was to pay for valet parking I fully support their increased parking enforcement.

That said we have always had success visiting AKL.

It sounds like time is not one of your major concerns so I would second parking at Disney Springs and use Disney transportation back and forth to the resorts.

You were a guest at the boardwalk and they had no parking and wanted you to pay for valet? That's ridiculous. I hope you asked to speak to the manager.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter